What's new

Malawi x PCK

rolandomota

Veteran
We should get in to the habit of doing official smoke report threads. I find smoke reports in threads and they are ok but if someone specifically searches for a strains smoke reports most of time you can't find any or just one or two. Please you all that have a strain to report on make a thread and title it as Malawi x pck smoke report or (strain name) smoke report Add your name if you want but always make a specific thread for your smoke reports and tell us how the bud smells, tastes, and gets you high. And add a few pics if you can. Something simple and not the crazy long hard to read template they have here. Its just too much to look through those. I only want to see the info that matters and not all the extra shit you have to read through in the smoke report template. Do whatever you want but please let's get into the habit of making smoke report threads.

Buddyy

Ok I finished a grow of 4 malawi x pck plants over a month ago. Seeds direct from ace. I'll give a lil description of the grow and a smoke report. Sorry no photos.
Under 600w in 26l smart pots with organic living soil.
Plants vegged about 30days from sowing and were about 30cm when flipped to 12/12.
Vigorous, healthy plants. Stretched like 6x topped once or twice, was pressed for room in height, should've topped more. Took 3 weeks to start flower, finished in about 75 days. Of the 4 only 1 was very resinous, others were average. 3 had good bud structure, 1 was somewhat airy. Aromas, notes of carrot and mandarine whilst wet but once it had been dried carefully and cured is left with a kinda spicy hay-ish smell. Colour, some purple on lower buds, would've been more if temps lower. About 85gr (3oz) per plant. So to the smoke report. Only smoked a couple times so will pick up some nuances later I hope.
Taste is actually quite smooth especially compared to straight malawi the PCK has added some positive traits to the taste and visual dep. Strong, long lasting, positive energy.

G

Hey Buddyy,thanks for the info!A few questions,if I may ?:)
What's your grow space?
When you say they took 75 days,you mean counting after the the 3 weeks you mentioned,I suppose...That's how long Golden Tiger took me to show pistils after flip.Looks like you got a more malawi-dominant pheno maybe?
Did you keep 12/12 till the end?
Was your first top after the flip?
Any particular info on feeding(light-medium-heavy feeder)?

:thank you:

Last edited:

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Ok I finished a grow of 4 malawi x pck plants over a month ago. Seeds direct from ace. I'll give a lil description of the grow and a smoke report. Sorry no photos.
Plants vegged about 30days from sowing and were about 30cm when flipped to 12/12.
Vigorous, healthy plants. Stretched like 6x topped once or twice, was pressed for room in height, should've topped more. Took 3 weeks to start flower, finished in about 75 days. Of the 4 only 1 was very resinous, others were average. 3 had good bud structure, 1 was somewhat airy. Aromas, notes of carrot and mandarine whilst wet but once it had been dried carefully and cured is left with a kinda spicy hay-ish smell. Colour, some purple on lower buds, would've been more if temps lower. About 85gr (3oz) per plant. So to the smoke report. Only smoked a couple times so will pick up some nuances later I hope.
Taste is actually quite smooth especially compared to straight malawi the PCK has added some positive traits to the taste and visual dep. Strong, long lasting, positive energy.

Hi Buddyy. Did you grow the regular or fem version? Thanks.

WFF

Buddyy

Hi Syd and WFF,
I had feminized seeds. My grow space is about 1,2m x 3m x 2m and it is semi basement with intake straight from outdoors. During summer I don't use the whole space. This was a summer grow and temps did get up to 30 at times but the african genetics took it well. Luckily it was a relatively mild summer here in central europe.
Honestly I don't really remember and I didn't count the days from flip but somewhere around 75days. Yes I did go from 12/12 to 11/13 (week 6) and last 2 weeks 10.5/13.5. I think the malawi is dominant in the cross. The PCK adds flavour, colour, and shortens flowering.
I topped during veg. I would've topped more at the start of flower if I'd've known it would grow so big. During stretch it would grow like 2-3cm every 24hrs.
Feeding, well since I grow in living organic soil in 26l smart pots I feed my plants WATER. My soil is full of nutrients. During veg and about up to week 5 of flower they may get some stinging nettle and comfrey tea, as a foliar as well.:yummy:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi! How is the stretch on the standard Malawi x PCK indoors compared to your pure sativas from seed? Does this strain need 11/13 or 10/14 lighting or can I treat it more like an indica with 12/12 and still get your 9-11 week listed finishing time? I have always used 24/0 veg lighting, and when growing from seed, I put a clone under 12/12 to help determine sex faster - Is there any drawback to using this method on the strain (other than bigger plants)? Many thanks!

WFF

Hi WaterFarmFan,

The stretching is moderate and easy to handle, you can expect same stretching than when growing a classical 50/50 sativa/indica hybrid. It doesn't need reduced photoperiods, it works fine with classic 12/12 flowering photoperiod.

Hope it helps.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
3 female Malawi x PCK that I got out of 6 regular MxPCK seeds.

Day 68 of 10/14 light schedule. I reduced nutritions till they come down for chop very soon.

I dont know what to say, it is just an amazing strain and im so glad to grow it. They all grow the same, cannot see any different phenotypes between the 3 ladies. You did an awesome job here, Dubi & AceSeeds! This is an excellent hybrid, very colorful, smells very sweet and has a touch of strawberry smell (or my sense is totally leading me into the wrong direction here *rolleyes*) and as u can see they are fully covered in resin, even the big leafs. And as I already said, all 3 grow absolutly uniform.

Excellent job Mephorius :)

The flowers look mouth watering!

I'm glad you are satisfied with the uniformity and quality of the genetics. Thank you very much for sharing your result with us.

Enjoy the harvest! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi Buddyy,

Thanks also for sharing your experience with us. I'm surprised you had such stretching! Probably due the high temps, summer indoor grows can be a pain in the ass if the growing space is not properly aconditioned with an air con. Anyway, i'm glad you find the effect strong, positive and long lasting. The yield is high as well. Hopefully you still keep clones or seeds to make another cycle with lower temps, it will improve the resin production and pigmentation.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Malawi x PCK outdoor SOG, 6 weeks from rooted clones.

Attachments

• Malawi x PCK SOG 6 weeks from rooted clones.jpg
    Malawi x PCK SOG 6 weeks from rooted clones.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 52

Buddyy

Hi Buddyy,

Thanks also for sharing your experience with us. I'm surprised you had such stretching! Probably due the high temps, summer indoor grows can be a pain in the ass if the growing space is not properly aconditioned with an air con. Anyway, i'm glad you find the effect strong, positive and long lasting. The yield is high as well. Hopefully you still keep clones or seeds to make another cycle with lower temps, it will improve the resin production and pigmentation.

Just smoked a joint of malawi pck, needless to say I'm high. Thank you Dubi for your great work. I did pick 2 to re veg (a zamadelica as well)but lost patience and space and they were culled. Never mind I have plenty of seeds to try still.
I also grew along with the malawi pck 2 zamadelicas, 2 mextizas and 1 kalichina pck. +1 GT which got culled. My temps were usually 28, only on a few hot days did it peak at 30. All the plants stretched a lot, at least 5x. The mextiza and the GT wanted to overgrow the room, massive plants. I think it was due to the pot size, good soil and conditions. and them being mostly sativas obviously. Should've flipped earlier and topped more. By the way that 1 zamadelica I wanted to keep has the funkiest smell ever, it is almost offensive like sweet but sharp and the high is clear.

newFish

Hello people here is my malawiXpck that growing in a dwc system under a 600 watt(MH) bulb.

Τoday is the the 20th day in veg stage and she is growing very very fast also she eat too much. I cut her top one week before and seem to like it.

I cant wait for the time that i will switch the light schedule to 12/12 and she will start to flowering.

Dubi said in previous pages that stretching is moderate so i will let her one week more in veg. In the same area i grow also two other strains.

Dubi thank you for the genetic :tiphat:

The plant at the left side of the tent is the MalawiXPCK

G

Hi Newfish!

Great looking lady!That DWC promotes growth so fast!I didn't have that growth even in 5 weeks of veg.Of course you have also some more space :biggrin: This is the 1.2 x1.2 tent (I suppose so)?If so,one week more for sure!You can start gentle lollipopping i think.

Don't let "them" fool you :whistling:

Last edited:

newFish

Good morning Syd :)

Thank you very much for your support. Yes they are looking really healthy and i am surprised with this system.

I know the main advantage of the soil that you can grow organic but this system seems to be very quick. Next time that bottles of those nutrients will be empty , i will try to feed my next plants with bio Canna.

I will let them to grow one week more for sure to fill my area. You remember very well my space is 1,20X1,20 grow tent. Today i will try to lollipoping them and tomorrow i will change the res.

Also i i use supercropping technique in MalawiXPCK and seems to love it. She try to fill in all growing area. She is a strong really strong genetic.

We say καλη καρδια :biggrin: so no problem, i try to filter the income information :) :) :thank you:

orfeas

Veteran
Γεια σου Ψάρακλα!

Mind you, if your little ones develop Malawi-wise, you' ll have a bit of trouble manipulating their wild growth... :)
Wish luck!

:tiphat:Orfeas

newFish

Γεια σου ορφεα!

Thank u for the tip i hope that wont stretch so much if this will occur i will take out one plant from my grow tent. I try to fill in the space with super cropping method. I will change the light schedule this week and i will put 400 watt aditional in my space :)
I

newFish

MalXpck flip to 12/12 previous sunday. she stays in veg stage for 4 weeks. She looks gorgeous with beautifull stracture. I cant wait for the time that will start to flowering.

1,2 ec ph 5.5-6,3 i feed her with An nutes

island_organics

Mephorius, Please throw out a smoke report after the buds are cured. Much respect for your pictures and posting skills. Enjoy your harvest! Peace
:good:

Nicely done Mephorious. Stunning plants! Swollen bracts and a high calyx to leaf ratio is always a pleasure to see. Great work!

newFish

Hello people , I have malXpck in the second week of the flowering and grow up like a monster.
I flip her to 12/12 during the 4th week of veg stage and she cover the half area of my grow tent. If she continues to grow so fast i will have complete problem with the height and generally will be to difficult to handle her.
I need to know from yours experience when does she stop to stretching so much? I try to keep her down with superCropping method but i will run out of space soon.
Orfea you told me this but i didnt hear you:biggrin::biggrin:

The plant back is the malXpck.

Latest posts

Latest posts