What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x PCK

Mephorius

6x Malawi * PCK

6x Malawi * PCK

20 days old Malawi*PCK (standard) :)

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mephorius,

Thanks for starting a grow diary of your Malawi x PCK regular F1, the regular version of the hybrid has just been released for the first time, i think you are the first one to make a grow diary, thanks again, best wishes!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
how long till the fem ones, and how would you compare the standards and fems Dubi?
Someone hollered at me about this strain and it reminded me to check the site and I saw the standards...

Hi GET MO,

We have just added new Malawi x PCK fem packs at our website from a small recent reproduction.

The genetic background of the strain is basically the same for both formats, the feminized version is Old Malawi Killer x Old Purple PCK (reversed) while the standard/regular version is Old Malawi Killer x Purple PCK male (son and same pheno than old Purple PCK mother).

We also have produced parallel lines of the F1, like New Malawi Killer x PCK or Malawi fruity x PCK, this last one won't be so strong like the other F1s with the Malawi Killers as mothers, but hopefully stands out for terpenes.

It's always interesting to produce parallel lines of the same hybrid, some lines may produce stronger or higher yielding plants, other lines maybe produce more aromatic plants... the different lines can be inbred in upcoming generations separately for specific traits and then recombined to restore vigor and to join the most desirable stable traits in a single line (long term breeding).

BigSmokey

Thats awesome what you just said about your breeding plans. Right on.
Do you have any dried bud shots of the purple phenos? Stuff looks so frosty and delicious haha

Mephorius

just to give you a quick update on my regular malawi*pcks:

some of the plants (4 out of 6) already tend to show some purple fan leaves in my veg tent. Looks awesome, maybe will do some pics for you later. I will let them flower very soon, lets hope for some purple malawi hybrid-buds *g* :woohoo:

By the way, i had 2 ace mix seeds with my order. now guess what, one of them just started to show some purple fan leaves too! Amazing. Is there a PCK or any PCK hybrid in the ace mix (standard)? Temperatures are over 20 to 22°C all the time.

Last edited:

early_bird

Veteran
Thats a good looking bud! Is it the regular/standard or the fem line?

It was a freebie, bevor ACE add the strain to the official catalogue. Fem seeds if i remember right.
There has been 3 plants, all of them harvested very good and had more or less purple colors.

The English Cut

Outdoor Malawi x PCK

Outdoor Malawi x PCK

Here's my Malawi x PCK mother plant from last season, survived the winter in my basement under a 14w ikea led with no problem at all - a seriously resistant plant! She's in a top-dressed no-till spot I started last year and is currently looking healthier and more vigorous than I remember the original mother plant (from seed) ever looking. That said, i flowered that one last year outdoors in a 45l pot so only now is the plant getting it's roots into mother earth.

I'm expecting some spectacular results based on what I got last year. Here's a shot of the plant in flower and one of some tasty, potent, dried, cured bud. Smells and tastes like fruits of the forest topped with engine grease. Peace, TEC.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Here's my Malawi x PCK mother plant from last season, survived the winter in my basement under a 14w ikea led with no problem at all - a seriously resistant plant! She's in a top-dressed no-till spot I started last year and is currently looking healthier and more vigorous than I remember the original mother plant (from seed) ever looking. That said, i flowered that one last year outdoors in a 45l pot so only now is the plant getting it's roots into mother earth.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66435&pictureid=1621436&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I'm expecting some spectacular results based on what I got last year. Here's a shot of the plant in flower and one of some tasty, potent, dried, cured bud. Smells and tastes like fruits of the forest topped with engine grease. Peace, TEC.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61805&pictureid=1512404&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65560&pictureid=1561773&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
this one is on my todo list for next year. i will be running all Ace except for 3 strains. seems all Ace seeds are resistant which is what i have to have and they are breed at my lat 37 which makes the finishing time listed by Ace spot on

Mephorius

Day 9 of flowering

Day 9 of flowering

20 days old Malawi*PCK (standard) :)

View Image
View Image

Hey guys, a short update on my 6 Malawi * PCKs at day 9 of flowering (10/14 light schedule).

3 out of 6 plants are male. Thats a pretty nice rate, I did expect more males to be honest. :biggrin:
The male plants showed their sex very early after 5 to 7 days of 10/14.
I will take some photos of the remaining plants as soon as they show some buds.

Cheerio :tiphat:

B

Baron Greenback

Holy shit balls dubi, that is magnificent. Mine are going in next (yet another strain from Ace that I will have grown more than once, having NEVER grown a variety from anyone else more than once :)), the Malawi just makes such wonderful crosses.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hi Dubi! How is the stretch on the standard Malawi x PCK indoors compared to your pure sativas from seed? Does this strain need 11/13 or 10/14 lighting or can I treat it more like an indica with 12/12 and still get your 9-11 week listed finishing time? I have always used 24/0 veg lighting, and when growing from seed, I put a clone under 12/12 to help determine sex faster - Is there any drawback to using this method on the strain (other than bigger plants)? Many thanks!

WFF

Mephorius

Good morning, its update time!

Good morning, its update time!

3 female Malawi x PCK that I got out of 6 regular MxPCK seeds.

Day 68 of 10/14 light schedule. I reduced nutritions till they come down for chop very soon.

I dont know what to say, it is just an amazing strain and im so glad to grow it. They all grow the same, cannot see any different phenotypes between the 3 ladies. You did an awesome job here, Dubi & AceSeeds! This is an excellent hybrid, very colorful, smells very sweet and has a touch of strawberry smell (or my sense is totally leading me into the wrong direction here *rolleyes*) and as u can see they are fully covered in resin, even the big leafs. And as I already said, all 3 grow absolutly uniform.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Great job Mephorius!How were these ladies trained?

Hi Dubi! How is the stretch on the standard Malawi x PCK indoors compared to your pure sativas from seed? Does this strain need 11/13 or 10/14 lighting or can I treat it more like an indica with 12/12 and still get your 9-11 week listed finishing time?
WFF

I'd like to know the same-mostly the stretch part- about the fem version (and for zam hash by the way :biggrin: )

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Mephorius, Please throw out a smoke report after the buds are cured. Much respect for your pictures and posting skills. Enjoy your harvest! Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts