What's new

Malawi x Panama

OntologicalTurn

Hola Dubi. Saludos desde México. De un cultivador mexicano, entusiasta de las sativas puras y de la recuperación de landraces locales.

Cultivation in intertropical climate specifically in the central region of Mexico. 1900 meters above sea level. The plants were started indoors for vegetative growth, a month and a half. then taken to a deep terrace for flowering (50 cm raised bed on a soil that was worked with well matured animal manure, humus, worm castings, charcoal, perlite. This is due to the fact that it is a hard and heavy red clay)

Of the three feminized seeds from Panama x Malawi, the 3 have very different phenotypes

IMG_20220602_174800357.jpg

The two show a certain similarity in the way they flower, however the general structure of the plants is quite different.

One developed the normal structure of the Mexican sativas I'm familiar with, and started budging earlier than his sister.

the other became a gigantic monster of more than 3 meters that does not stop stretching. (More Malawi pheno?)

IMG_20220602_174652731.jpg

This is the giant

The two show a certain similarity in the way they flower, however the general structure of the plants is quite different.

One developed the normal structure of the Mexican sativas I'm familiar with, and started budging earlier than his sister.

the other became a gigantic monster of more than 3 meters that does not stop stretching
IMG_20220602_174704569.jpg

I am about to start the tenth week of flowering and the monster continues to stretch without forming buds in what seems like an eternal pre-flowering. is this what happens when you grow equatorial plants in the subtropics or something?
Curiously, the lower branches seem to mature a little earlier than the upper branches.
IMG_20220602_174700318.jpg
reconoces este fenotípo?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome OntologicalTurn thanks for your support and for sharing pics of your greenhouse plants.

Are you flowering Malawi x Panama or Panama x Malawi ? The perpetual pre flowering stage happens when the photoperiod is too long so they cannot go into deep flowering stage. What's the photoperiod now there ? Any light leaks or light pollution that could interrupt their night time ?

OntologicalTurn

oh wow, I see I wrote in the wrong thread, it's Panama x Malawi. The photoperiod is subtropical, 40 minutes of variation around the year more or less, there is some light pollution but not so much, and it is as covered as possible, it is next to the panama x bangi haze, and other plants that have not shown signs of vegetative

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
OntologicalTurn if you are in the Northern hemisphere in subtropical Mexico then your photoperiod is over 12/12, increasing and getting to the max at your latitude in late June summer solstice. Although quite tamed, Panama x Malawi is more tropical than Panama x Bangi Haze, hence it needs slightly shorter photoperiods and more darkness to really go deep into flowering. It will probably only start to really flower once the photoperiod decreases again and goes closer to 12/12 and lower.

nattyroots

Hey guys, so these buds have had about a month of cure. Both plants didnt get enough light at the end so they didn't pack on that much weight or density but I think trichome production in on point. Next year i'll find different spot for them. The panama leaning one has that haze incense right up front (im guessing haze got it from colombian/panamanian, which I think are similar strains. The malawi leaning one has that too but mixed in with the carrot/leather/sweat thing. The malawi leaner seems to have more trichs and because i might have overdried it a bit the resin just drops off it. Def running them again with a few modifications. Both really are bolts of energy and hit you right in the forehead. Thanks, Dubi lovely work,
paname lean.jpg
malawilean.jpg

OntologicalTurn

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you are pleased with the terpenes and effects of your 2 Malawi x Panama girls @nattyroots trichomes are big enough to come out from the screen hehehe

Heres my Malawi x Panama
2 out of 3 seeds have given me "leaf buds" and 13 finger leaves.

Half way through 7th week of flower.
Day 100.jpg

Day 96 leaf bud.jpg
Day 96 leaf bud 3.jpg
Day 96 leaf bud 1.jpg
Day 88 leaves.jpg

Day 100 from seed
Day 100 tops.jpg
Day 100 buds 3.jpg

Day 100 1.jpg

1 plant in a 1.20m x 1.20m x 2.0m tent. Vegged for 55 days.
Slowly increased feed to EC 1.0, anything above causes it to rise (yes even a 0.1 increase will make the EC to rise daily)

This is the second time i grow this and ive got one more bean :D I think ive found the one strain ive been looking for.
The smell is amazing, the effect even better. After i vape 0.1mg of this, i can do 45 minutes of cardio skipping rope and then a normal exercise routine without wearing down, or losing motivation. (without supplements like caffeine or creatine etc).
I took the decision to grow this strain because i was looking for a motivational and stimulating effect, one that would ease side effects from the lisdexamfetamine tablets my wife was prescribed for her ADHD..

So far ive been impressed by how hardy this is and even though my first go was full of mistakes it still gave me over 380g dry (one plant).
Hoping for better results this time around. I believe ive got another 30-40 days to go :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts