What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Panama

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really signature Killer Malawi resins as well on those big ovaries Cactus Squatter ;)
Forgot to ask you, are you growing the regular or fem version ?

Cactus Squatter

Really signature Killer Malawi resins as well on those big ovaries Cactus Squatter ;)
Forgot to ask you, are you growing the regular or fem version ?

This one is the Fem version.
I popped 3 from the standard version that all went male and were given to a friend to use, but unfortunately he lost them before pollen dropped.

Cactus Squatter

That one reminds me of one I grew indoors. When it was done we called it "Malware" :sasmokin:

It straight up wreaks of that oily Malawi smell. I can smell it across the yard over everything else left out there. Glad it smells like oil or my neighbors would be super curious. 😂
My straight Malawi from a reg pack actually smells like Pineapple and bananas a little bit with just a faint oily smell.

El Quijote

Hola El Quijote, si te gusta Panama x Bangi Haze fem, entonces Malawi x Panama fem te encantará también :yes:
Hi el Quijote, if you are pleased with the outcome of your Panama x Bangi Haze, then you will love Malawi x Panama fem as well. Hola dubi Panamá x bangi haze me encantó y ya la probé y no comente mucho de ella por qué voy a preparar un informe de humo bien detallado y a la altura y calidad de esta variedad 😉, Asín que malawi x Panamá es otra candidata para el año que viene, una pregunta dubi el estiramiento de floración de Malawi x Panamá es mayor que la Panamá x bangi haze ?? Lo que sí vi en la descripción que se cosecha algo más tarde y seguramente que sea más potente por la malawi saludos

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola El Quijote, el estiramiento y tiempo de floración de Malawi x Panamá es ligeramente superior que el de Panama x Bangi Haze, pero ambas variedades son de una calidad excepcional y comparable, casi depende más de gustos de cada uno y de la expresión de cada planta.

Hi El Quijote, the stretching and flowering time of Malawi x Panama is slightly higher than that of Panama x Bangi Haze, both strains are of exceptional and comparable quality, it almost depends more on the tastes of each one and the expression of each plant.

Cactus Squatter

Ridiculous Malawi oily smell on this one.
44D4F3DA-DFC0-4F1B-9430-D1134F83B4AB.jpeg

Cactus Squatter

Malawi x Panama Fem.
Outdoor grown under a thin shade canopy, organic soil, fed guano teas using 3little birds ratios.
Cut down on 12/14.
Sampled on 1/21.
In Flower the Malawi oil smell dominated the nose. After being in a jar the initial smell is of the lemon and almost creamy Panama with just a touch of oil on the back end. Breaking up a bud though it’s pure Malawi oil. My fingers smell like I’ve been all up in my truck’s undercarriage.

The Smoke
*gonna go off course momentarily from mal x pan but you’ll get it later.

Got home from a very physical days work yesterday. Whooped completely but the dog needed a walk still. Needed the energy to do that so we ripped 2 big bowls of the fruity Malawi pheno outdoor grown. That stuff is very energizing. Makes my wife bounce and dance like an idiot. So we take about an hour and a half walk with the dog floating on the malawi and having a great afternoon. Got back home and by this time the heavier side of the malawi was starting to hit us. The slow down, gonna get a bit lazy stone effect at the back end.
Time to open the Malawi x Panama and sample some…keep this malawi train going but with a twist eh?

So we pack a bowl of this gnarly oily smelling goodness.
Instantly after a hit I was stone cold sober feeling. Every single bit of what I still had going on from the earlier Malawi was gone. Brain totally clear of any fog and wide awake. Couple more hits and I just kept feeling clearer and clearer. I asked my wife how she was feeling and she spelled out the same feeling. Instant clarity and stone cold sober feel with the Malawi stone having been kicked right out the back door.
We smoked two bowls and it’s the most interesting effect. Very clear but at the same time has the relaxed dreamy feel of the panama. I’m not bouncing with energy like with strait malawi, but I’m not looking for a hammock like I do when I rip the panama. It’s very comfortable feeling. Calm but focused.

This morning I went for it first thing. See what it’s like while sober to begin with.
It’s absolutely insane how clear headed this feels right now. There’s some odd tracking with my eyes and motion, but it’s almost like a reverse tracer effect where I kinda see objects ahead of where they are instead of trailing behind.
There’s also a subtle almost electric effect to my muscles. Not a twitchy sparky kind of electrical though, more like an energizing lightness to my frame with a real slight buzzing feel.
Apparently my wife is super motivated by it because she suddenly got super busy doing house stuff.

Definitely going to put some of this in my hiking stash as it feels like amazing journey smoke.

I’ll definitely be growing another one this year.
Very entertaining, unique and top notch smoke once again from ACE!

***Edit***
So I kept going. I’m at the end of bowl 4. Hyper analytical stuff. Wowza.
One of my favorite things to do for relaxation is listening to music on my system. I have a very accurate and detailed audio system and almost have my room perfectly dialed in.
I’ve been just outside that room, in my kitchen doing dishes and I just found my brain hyper isolating all of the different instruments and notes then analyzing their individual string vibrations. It’s not like some weed that makes music come alive and get super enjoyable. This is a crazy analytical mindset towards the music, speakers and room. If I had this stuff when I used to do Theater systems and room tuning I could have saved myself hours of setup time in each room and spent the rest of that time getting paid to just listen.
Zero heaviness yet, all clarity, alertness and a little bit of body sway starting to come on that wasn’t there initially. Muscles still feel that electric type energy.

Last edited:

Legalcdn

Excellent write up Cactus Squatter .

I am just beginning day 9 from regular seeds.

Does anyone know approximately when they show sex after flip to flower? I am flipping at 24 days from seed as 15 days is recommended but i want them i little bigger. My plan is to dust a few branches with pollen from 2 zacateca tribute males.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful Cactus Squatter :thank you: Thanks a lot for the beautiful, inspired and positive smoke report on your Malawi x Panama harvest, really happy you and mrs are enjoying so much the effects of your Malawi x Panama harvest and that you find it so clear and motivating even after going so deep with the test ;) To do activities, make a walk outdoors and listening music is a good way to evaluate the quality of the effects of a new sativa. Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

Legalcdn

20 days from seed sprout. 3 Mal x Pan (reg seeds). This is day 1 of 12/12. I hope to isolate males soon.

Using coco with perlite, jacks 3-2-1, low ppm tap, with fulvic acid.

They are in 4 liter containers for 10 days to keep them a little smaller then then go to 11 liters with autowatering using floraflex 6 inch caps.
Looking forward to getting them going.
Click image for larger version  Name:	malxpan-Day1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.6 KB ID:	18065496

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I grew some mal pans a while back. I found what I thought was a male, and I gave it to my buddy. He finally started blooming it and it smells totally different than the others. It has same structure but smells like sweet grape candy.
has anyone ever found that profile in malxpan? If it didn't have the same sativa structure, I would say he somehow mixed up his plants and it's not a malxpan. But no other sativas growing to get mixed up with.

Legalcdn

Day 13 since flip to 11/13. The one in the middle is a male with sacs so he will be in my isolation chamber to contain pollen. I imagine the other 2 are female as there are no hairs yet but under microscope i believe they are about to show. Cactus squatter was pretty close on the guess. The plants have been topped. A scrog will go on soon with 6 inch floraflex cap connected to autowatering. I just transplanted to keep them contained for awhile.

jacks 3-2-1 with fulvic acid.

the females will be dusted on a few branches with Mal x Pan and zacateca tribute pollen.
Screenshot_20220219-211858_Gallery.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
CannaRed sweet grape candy is not typical terpepe profile of Malawi x Panama, kindly post some pics in flowering of the plant you have doubts and hopefully i will be able to confirm whether it is this strain or not.

Strong seedlings Legalcdn :) take a close look on the preflowers of the other 2 because they should start to show their gender clearly in their third-fourth week under flowering photoperiod.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
CannaRed sweet grape candy is not typical terpepe profile of Malawi x Panama, kindly post some pics in flowering of the plant you have doubts and hopefully i will be able to confirm whether it is this strain or not.

Strong seedlings Legalcdn :) take a close look on the preflowers of the other 2 because they should start to show their gender clearly in their third-fourth week under flowering photoperiod.

I didn't think so from my experience, but I only grew a pack. I'll try to get you a picture.. I dunno if he will allow that. We are in legal state but, he's still old-school.
thanks for the confirmation.

Legalcdn

The Mal x Pan have shown the gender now. It did take some time. The lady on the right is growing tall and fast. The left, not so much but is more branchy.
Screenshot_20220224-104010_Gallery.jpg

The 2 females are under net. I hope they fill out and cover the net. The male is in isolation for 2 more weeks to get pollen for the ladies.

I will add more light when they get bigger.

Legalcdn

More light was added and the male was removed for pollen. I am hoping to dust a few branches on each mal x pan. The one on the right is the same age but it appears to be a week ahead with hairs.
Screenshot_20220309-194347_Gallery.jpg

The left one now.

Screenshot_20220309-194711_Gallery.jpg

Both plants at 2 weeks since 1st pistil.
Screenshot_20220309-200033_Gallery.jpg

Legalcdn

The branches are quite strong and grew really quick. I only spend about 5 minutes a day checking on environment. The plants stretched about 16 inches. The posts on the end of the scrog net are 8 inches. I will throw another net on top and then dust 4 separate branches for seeds.

some areas on the net did not fill in but it could be a result of flipping at 21 days from seed. It took a bit to show sex as it was not at a mature stage.
Screenshot_20220321-095042_Gallery.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts