What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Panama

El Quijote

The plants are already 6 weeks old from germination, the vigor of these F1 varieties are very powerful, from left to right, Panama Haze, the next two Panama x Malawi and the last Malawi x Panama. This photo is from September 21.

Attachments

• IMG_20230921_162650.jpg
    IMG_20230921_162650.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20230921_162656.jpg
    IMG_20230921_162656.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 98

El Quijote

Malawi x Panamá, photos from October 9, two months since germination, I really liked that it didn't stretch too long in flowering, compact plant with long sativa internodes, at the moment it smells like soft lemon with wood and chemicals and it also has a lot of resin

Attachments

• IMG_20231009_192228.jpg
    IMG_20231009_192228.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20231009_192233.jpg
    IMG_20231009_192233.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 97

sublingual

Malawi x Panamá, photos from October 9, two months since germination, I really liked that it didn't stretch too long in flowering, compact plant with long sativa internodes, at the moment it smells like soft lemon with wood and chemicals and it also has a lot of resin
Hi El Quijote,
sorry I posted in between your posts. I saw your post and added my picture at harvest.
Do you plan to do anything different during flowering now that they are ready to make buds?

sublingual

Hi Dubi,
Could you tell me if the plant I posted resembles the Malawi Gold you used in creating the strain? The first picture on your site or OP seems to look like my plant in color and bud structure.
Back in the day I acquired Malawi seeds from African Seeds and Afropips. These plants had the pink pistils of the second picture you posted of this strain. Your Malawi Panama are easy to grow and vigorous contra the Afropips and Seeds of Africa.
The "crazy high" you mentioned is enjoyable for me and was also in those other seed companies' offerings. It strikes me as a shift in perception, like the old Bizzaro comics; the high is bizzaro-like to me. Maybe someone else can describe it better, but that's what it's like for me.

Really excited to receive a 6 pack of Ace seeds Malawi × Panama F1 strain.
All germinated and are growing well in a run to waste hydroponics system under 600w HPS light.
2 males and 4 females appeared. The males were placed in a seperate tent for observation and pollen collection.
This is a photo of one of the males, which to me seems very early, as least to what i am familiar with. Already at the 6th day after i flipped the lights from 18/6 to 11/13, the first pollen sacks had appeared. A few days later, the first flowers had matured and opened. Today, on day 18, he is releasing so much pollen it is starting to pile up on the leaves.
In contrast, the 2nd male showed immature pollen sacks on day 9, and today on day 18, very little development has occured.
Photos of the females will be posted when the flowers develop.

Attachments

• MP4-18d.jpg
    MP4-18d.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 105
  • MP4-18d-flower.jpg
    MP4-18d-flower.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • MP4-18d-pollen.jpg
    MP4-18d-pollen.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Thanks @El Quijote for choosing Panama F1 hybrids for this outdoor season, much appreciated!
Very healthy and fast development for only 2 months of growth in a pot :yes:
All the best for the flowering stage.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi,
Could you tell me if the plant I posted resembles the Malawi Gold you used in creating the strain? The first picture on your site or OP seems to look like my plant in color and bud structure.
Back in the day I acquired Malawi seeds from African Seeds and Afropips. These plants had the pink pistils of the second picture you posted of this strain. Your Malawi Panama are easy to grow and vigorous contra the Afropips and Seeds of Africa.
The "crazy high" you mentioned is enjoyable for me and was also in those other seed companies' offerings. It strikes me as a shift in perception, like the old Bizzaro comics; the high is bizzaro-like to me. Maybe someone else can describe it better, but that's what it's like for me.

Yours in this page certainly looks more Malawi dominant @sublingual
Glad you enjoy the trippy effects of this powerful sativa F1!

El Quijote

Thanks @El Quijote for choosing Panama F1 hybrids for this outdoor season, much appreciated!
Very healthy and fast development for only 2 months of growth in a pot :yes:
All the best for the flowering stage.
You're welcome @dubi since I tried Panama x Bangi Haze and Bangi Haze, I fell in love with Panama. It is very special and very tasty in the mouth and very powerful so I want to try everything that has Panama, and if you add the resins and power of Malawi to this What more could you want

El Quijote

Malawi x Panama plant with sativa fir-type morphology, compact, thin leaves and long internodes, very flexible branches and thin stems, plant with a lot of resin and ending with very fine leaves, it looks like a haze hybrid, it is a very pretty plant without excessive stretching

Attachments

• IMG_20231030_173204.jpg
    IMG_20231030_173204.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20231101_145845.jpg
    IMG_20231101_145845.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20231101_145948.jpg
    IMG_20231101_145948.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20231101_150028.jpg
    IMG_20231101_150028.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
Update day 35 of flower.
One of my females has pretty much completed stretch and some nice flowers are starting to develop. She has a very distinct and enticing lemon fragrance, and is my fav so far. Compared to her sisters which smell much more organic and rotten, and have giant size leaves. MP6-35d-flower.jpg
I veged my plants for a month so they could develop enough to top, and to take cuttings from them. I think for the clones when i flower them, a 1 or 2 week veg time would be enough, these plants grow big! MP6-35d.jpg

El Quijote

hola de nuevos amigos, Malawi x panama With three months since germination, flowers not very compact and somewhat airy, it looks like a wild sativa specimen, and it also looks like a haze hybrid. It has finer leaves than Panama Haze, very resinous flowers, the smell is similar to Panama x Malawi, only much less intense and penetrating, smells like lemon, chemical, oil and a little floral, it has a lot of resin, it is a very elastic and flexible plant to be in advanced flowering.

Attachments

• IMG_20231113_145322.jpg
    IMG_20231113_145322.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20231113_145354.jpg
    IMG_20231113_145354.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20231113_145332.jpg
    IMG_20231113_145332.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20231113_145402.jpg
    IMG_20231113_145402.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
Day 83, is struggling to finish properly as we are in a heat wave ,and indoors even with A/C going, the plant wants to keep flowering. Will harvest tomorrow i think, and go ahead with clones next indoor season. Very nice plant to grow, thanks Ace.

Attachments

• MP6-83d-c.jpg
    MP6-83d-c.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
  • MP6-83d-b.jpg
    MP6-83d-b.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • MP6-83d-a.jpg
    MP6-83d-a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 117

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you so much for your interest on all our Malawi hybrids @MrHamilton there are only a few left you have to try heheheh Malawi x Panama in this last post looks quite advanced, but for stronger potecy wait for this last reflowering to ripen.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Day 83, is struggling to finish properly as we are in a heat wave ,and indoors even with A/C going, the plant wants to keep flowering. Will harvest tomorrow i think, and go ahead with clones next indoor season. Very nice plant to grow, thanks Ace.

Thanks to you @spacetraveller :) Very impressive development after 83 days of flowering, she was happy with the feeding and still wanted to continue reflowering in your last post.
How long did you accompany her ? How did she finish ?

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Thank you so much for your interest on all our Malawi hybrids @MrHamilton there are only a few left you have to try heheheh Malawi x Panama in this last post looks quite advanced, but for stronger potecy wait for this last reflowering to ripen.
I took her at day 72, she has a very similar scent to the Mal x PCK with the Malawi wood/incense up front but the Panama terps (fruity/berry/yummy🤤) really make her shine.
Lol, you are right dubi, there are only a few I haven’t tried or don’t possess, Ka5 being one I need to grab, but I did put a super Malawi haze in the dirt this weekend 🤪