What's new

Making it thru withdrawal

gtbuds2332

i would quit for a week everyonce inawhile, and i would be like "wow this is fucking great!" energy, sex drive, social connection with peers

i don't know man...energy yeah maybe but sex drive? i don't know about you guys but when
i smoke, if anything, my sex drive goes up :joint:

biggertom

Fuck man...that was like a anti-pot commercial--:fsu:
Yeah man, I've never been anyone's role model. You may be surprised to know that I have worked on the final some more. Six or seven hooties to the wind. :smoker:
...and I am still producing in the top 5 in class at 94.5% not counting the fact that I have handed in every extra credit assignment allowed. I'd pass that class without even taking the final:smoker::smoker:
Fuck finals!!!! Heeee He!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Yeah man, I've never been anyone's role model. You may be surprised to know that I have worked on the final some more. Six or seven hooties to the wind. :smoker:
...and I am still producing in the top 5 in class at 94.5% not counting the fact that I have handed in every extra credit assignment allowed. I'd pass that class without even taking the final:smoker::smoker:
Fuck finals!!!! Heeee He!

You da Man!!
I have sat here, and drank most of a 12-pack...and hitting GDP and Kush hash...haven't studied for anything...havent done a fucking thing...
But at least I ain't flaking on my Finals--:nanana:

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Well, at least you didn't suck a dick.....or did you?

Hey sorry, I can't get over that one joke someone said in here.

That only counts if he doesn't enjoy playing on that team from time to time.

Perhaps I should share my experience with alcohol withdrawals for those that still think that some minor discomfort and boredom counts as 'withdrawal' symptoms.

I was convinced that I was going to die from alcohol abuse. It gave me absolutely no pleasure. By the end, the alcohol was drinking itself. It didn't make me feel good. I recall a couple of days before I quit waking up, hungover/still drunk as shit. I realized I was going to puke. Puking for me happened at least 3 times a week. That time as I leaned over the stool I experienced projectile diarrhea as well. My wife found the mess and packed her shit and left for her sisters house. That was what hit me like a ton of bricks. My wife is very resistant to change, and a very loyal person. My brain wasn't so totally addled that I couldn't understand that if she left that things must be as extreme as I was perceiving them. So I bound myself to never taking another drink.

The first day I could barely move. The walls swam. I was cold, shivering my ass off, even though I had the boiler set to 85 degrees. The heat still made me sweat like a pig. My stomach felt like it was tied in a knot. On the second day, I started hallucinating with paranoid delusions. I was convinced there were people in my bushes watching me. Not extreme paranoia, because they weren't 'out to get me', just watching. In reality, it was just squirrels. I was still freezing and sweating my ass off in an 85 degree house. BTW 85 was as high as the boiler would heat the house. This was January and it was cold out. I couldn't swallow food. I was in physical pain, and absolutely tormented because I knew the pain would end with a drink. This lasted a full week. My mind was so addled that I actually started going to the 12 step meetings. They're really not bad in acute withdrawals, but just the fact that I was taking them seriously at the time. My wife did me the biggest favor that anyone's ever done for me. It was a full month before I was able to even get out of bed/off the couch.

All I can do is reiterate my position. If you think that cannabis is 'addictive' or the mild discomforts you experience when ceasing usage is 'addiction', you are a victim of propaganda because of your naivete. Yes, there are those who swear that I've done nothing but trade one thing for the other. All I can say is fair enough. I had a dog turd, and managed to trade it for a brick of gold. Seems like a fair trade to me.

Don't believe the propaganda. They are lying through their teeth to promote their agenda. Don't feed into it, and help them.

Pythagllio, sober since 1/3/06.

jwm

Veteran
DAMN, to be that addicted to weed would worry me greatly! Listen I understand addiction, I counld'nt light cigarettes fast enough for over 25 years...and quit. Couple that w/ a daily coke usage and anything else I could get my hands on...not pretty huh.

Your young, and presumably healthy, get a grip, make up your mind and do it. You don't need all these formulas and medications to quit, we're talking weed here...Take up another activity...

AP KUSH

Quitting weed is not hard... if sufficient reason exisits to do so. Its mildly uncomfortable, and you might seem to feel bored or uninspired, but trust me, the term withdrawal gives cannabis abstinence too much credit. Marijuana withdrawal is also eased and prolonged by the fact that THC is lipid soluble, so it washes out after a number of weeks. This makes withdrawal much less drastic than say alcohol or cocaine which is water soluble and washes out in about 24 hours.

Alcohol, nicotine and opiate withdrawal are all much, much more physically and psychologically painful. Alcohol is especially rough.... For anyone whos, like myself, ever experienced acute chemical withdrawal, this thread seems kinda moot. I'm not doubting that sir nugget is feeling uncomfortable and perhaps a little depressed, but believe me sir, you dont have it that bad.

get up get out and do something.... maybe you can get a job now that youre broke, it would take your mind off of yourself, and it'll put some money in your pocket so you can start buying and smoking weed again!! :D

BTW, if you put down all that capital to get 400w and 1000w lights and grow in your apartment, why did you spend all of your $$ on weed?
Another idea, take up growing, youll never pay for weed again, and you wont ever have to quit! :canabis:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Are you serious man?

Try literally feeling uncomfortable in your own skin, cold sweats, constant temperature changes, random pains (like having a butter knife stabbed into the spot on top of your foot where it connects to your leg), insomnia, being unable to eat, vomiting, dry-heaving etc etc etc

That's withdrawal. That is just Hydrocodone withdrawal. Benzodiazipines, heroin, oxycontin etc are notably much worse in probably every way imaginable than hydrocodone.

You do not withdrawal from weed. You may be a patient who relies on marijuana in some form to "band aid" your illness or so you can eat, take medications etc, and it could be completely different. You wouldn't withdrawal from marijuana, but i'm sure there is a high probability you can W/D from whatever medication you aren't able to take because you have no pot, and you can certainly starve to death.

You however, are just smoking bud.

Please take into consideration how insensitive and generally just silly it is to piss and moan about "withdrawing" from pot. If nothing else, you're just hurting the cause.

I'd like to point out that hydrocodone withdrawl is just as bad as the other opiates if you have a real habbit. I was fucking a pharmacist chick that used to give me bottles of 150 10mg Norco every other day!!! Then after 3 months of this she thought I was using her for pills and pussy but I was just about to make her my girl and she drops me saying I need to detox!!! WTF!!!! Those 2 weeks were AWFUL I snorted tons of blow trying to fight the feeling which helped a bit but wasn't smart :noway: But I was suicidal for 2weeks wanting to jump out of my body and run away and never look back. Oxycontin withdrawl was the same thing and then heroin really fucked me up when I ran out and I had only did a gram over the weekend and wasn't using H I was more of a oxy guy but I got deathly ill for 3 days and ended up in the hospital from it where they gave me Chemo nausea medication cuz I was shaking and dry heaving non stop. Lied to the nurse about what was wrong with me,"I don't know I just feel so sick" lol she looked at my track marks and I tried to claim they were a cat scratch but she worked in SF ER for 4 years so she had seen it all. So I get out of the ER 8 hours later and when I got home and the nausea meds wore off I started to get the shakey jello legs and called my dealer and got myself a 80mg oxy and did half of it and I felt COMPLETELY NORMAL! It was right then I finally realized I was physically addicted to opiates and had to do something about it but for the next few months I kept getting deals on bottles of pills from people. Then I ended up with a bunch of Methadone 10mg pills and when out of oxy and percocet I took 4 of them like they would do in the clinic and I felt it. It was that day I decided to go into a methadone program which I'm not sure if it was the right thing or not. One hand it's been great cuz I'm clean of street drugs and the prescriptions I was using.But I am now addicted to another opiate and this one is harder to kick :fsu: so I wish I would've had the money for Suboxone cuz I'd be sober and just smoking pot now. But my sober date is Oct to be this shit :joint:

I'd just like people to know that Vicodin is no different that Heroin IMO, I loved Vicodin SO MUCH! It was my favorite over everything and I have tried them all. I used to be needlephobic too but always said if they made liquid Vicodin that would be the one thing I'd shoot... Well when I shot Heroin for that first time, it felt like I just got my pills to hit me right away instead of waiting 20min :fsu: So be careful fucking around with scripts :2cents:

Barnt

Funny that I stubmled across this thread. I'm in a similar boat, but for different reasons. Graduating college in a month, landed a 70k/year job. They told me I don't get a drug test, but I get a pre-employment physical.

Two things....

1. I could see them _maybe_ testing me during my physical, but I doubt it. I want to be clean though just in case.

2. They have company vehicles, and for insurance reasons, if one is to get in an accident (your fault or not), you get a drug test.

Obviously I could just carry/use fake piss (as I have), but is it worth the risk? I tested some of my friends that only smoke every now and then (weekends mainly). One guy I tested smoked that day and the night before---and still passed. Along with my girlfriend who rarely smokes either. Ultimately I think I'm gonna try for that---not quit, but smoke infrequent enough that I could pass a piss test.

So its been 1 day with no smoke. I wouldn't say that I'm addicted to pot, I have just set myself up to really want it. Get home from school--smoke. Before dinner---smoke. After dinner...bed time...etc.

If anything the way I see my 'problem' is more of kicking a habit. No fun, but it ain't worth loosing my job.

On a side note, the crazy dreams you get when you quit are pretty cool.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I will stand up for Sir Nugget here and say that there are people who experience heroin like withdrawls from marijuana and I'm not sure if it's the methadone but I get sick when I run out of pot... Also some people are really sensitive to withdrawl symptoms like my buddy's wife so for all we know he may be feeling the way I feel without opiates cuz we all work differently.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Funny that I stubmled across this thread. I'm in a similar boat, but for different reasons. Graduating college in a month, landed a 70k/year job. They told me I don't get a drug test, but I get a pre-employment physical.

Two things....

1. I could see them _maybe_ testing me during my physical, but I doubt it. I want to be clean though just in case.

2. They have company vehicles, and for insurance reasons, if one is to get in an accident (your fault or not), you get a drug test.

Obviously I could just carry/use fake piss (as I have), but is it worth the risk? I tested some of my friends that only smoke every now and then (weekends mainly). One guy I tested smoked that day and the night before---and still passed. Along with my girlfriend who rarely smokes either. Ultimately I think I'm gonna try for that---not quit, but smoke infrequent enough that I could pass a piss test.

So its been 1 day with no smoke. I wouldn't say that I'm addicted to pot, I have just set myself up to really want it. Get home from school--smoke. Before dinner---smoke. After dinner...bed time...etc.

If anything the way I see my 'problem' is more of kicking a habit. No fun, but it ain't worth loosing my job.

On a side note, the crazy dreams you get when you quit are pretty cool.

Can't you get caught using female piss? I thought they can tell by hormones or something??

cannabowl

Perplexing Magnum Opus
ICMag Donor
Hello everyone, I'm starting this thread for those of us that are going thru serious withdrawal, whether because we just don't have any smoke, or because were simply changing our habit, I think that this is an important subject.

I am currently going through withdrawal... When I was 18 I got put in a national coca-cola commercial and made $75k in a two-week shoot... With the money I rented a townhouse in a nice area of los angeles and set up a couple 400 watts, and a 1000 watt in my upstairs. I stayed in LA because of my sick mom...

Within two years all my piggy bank was dried up, due to my expensive weed buying habits. I would smoke a quarter of the most expensive shit every couple days... I am 22 now, and I have been smokign everyday since I was about 17...

just yesterday... I ran out of weed / money... I can really only afford to buy small amounts, and not that often...

I dont believe that weed should cost as much as it does.. and I will never again spend more than ten dollars on a sack... And I will make that sack last me a long long time...

I have not smoked yet today, and I have developed a way to help myself thru this time. I walked to the beach, and layed down for 3 hours watching the horizon, the sand and seashells... What was important was that I got myself out of my room (smoke den) and into the world, were my mind could try to focus on the world again, and not pot addiction..

Pot addiction is a powerful thing... The only thing bad about weed is that I dont have enuff of it, other than that the effects are pure bliss...

My heavy spending days are over... its so stupid to spend cash on weed, somthing that can grow from low quality soil and shit...

Anyway, after several years of growing I have become a decent cultivator, with many harvests under my belt... I am ready to become totally self "weed" sufficient. (Thx to icmag and OG!)

I hope good things happen to those of us that are trying to benignly adjust our selves, and our situations.. Let peace of mind be with you, and me...
Take yourself to a place of peace, for as long as you can, and in the end.. When we look back after we have stopped smoking so much weed.. we will see that we have performed a righteous act, with courage, and grace...

ganja is too beautiful to struggle with her... We must be with her!! But in peace!
:abduct:

Sir_Nugget

This might be harsh, but quit being a fucking sally. Marijuana isn't even a drug, it's all in your head. When you have some real withdrawal problems from an actual substance that gives you withdrawals then you can piss and moan. Until then get a job and stop crying about being out of pot . I've dealt with alcohol, pain killers and cocaine. Your crying over weed is a fucking joke.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Sir_Nugget is obviously a troll here to stir up shit...

either that or we got a classic case of mangina!

Polsevogn

Marijuana is addictive.. Why do you think Thurgood Jenkins (Half Baked) Had such a hard time throwing his joint off the bridge at the end of the movie.. because he was fuckin addicted to the shit.. whether its mental (which is bullshit) or its physcial.. its still addictive.. and to me, weed is far more addictive than ciggarates...

All you who say weed isnt addictive, maybe you dont smoke enuff..

As far as my equipment goes, a couple a 400's and a 1000 aint that hard to come up with... and I did sell them, for weed because I was addicted that bad..

Just gotta put my 2cents in with everyone else....

This is incredibly wrong, and idiotic; it makes you sound like a teenager. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm not trying to waste more time than that on this nonsense.

rave420

wow, i am supprised some people whine about not having any cannabis.
Well, here is news for you: You're a wuss! If you have a medical condition and need cannabis daily then it's a different thing, but if you whine because you can't smoke and there is nothing wrong with you then... you screwed up! You can become dependant on the habbits of smoking cannabis, and you might be terribly bored when you realize all you do is sit in front of a computer and smoke weed. But i tell you, this is nothing to "make it through". Cannabis holds NOTHING on other substances out there.
I made it through heroin addiction once, and i still smoke weed. See, if you don't smoke weed you're not actually going into withdrawal. You're going back to reality, and when you smoked for some 4+ years straight, that reality might seem sooooo fucking plain and empty and distorted, but it's nothing to what you go through after kicking a smack habit cold turkey. On top of that, when you are "on cannabis" you put off certain things. Like planning ahead for your future, and working through problems and issues in your life. If you smoked for that long you let some serious stuff build up that's coming back now. But that is your own fault, you abused the hell out of the substance. There are plenty of people who smoke a joint a day and still hold down a normal life. The more you smoke, the harder that gets imho.

V6 PAUL

wow, i am supprised some people whine about not having any cannabis.
Well, here is news for you: You're a wuss! If you have a medical condition and need cannabis daily then it's a different thing, but if you whine because you can't smoke and there is nothing wrong with you then... you screwed up! You can become dependant on the habbits of smoking cannabis, and you might be terribly bored when you realize all you do is sit in front of a computer and smoke weed. But i tell you, this is nothing to "make it through". Cannabis holds NOTHING on other substances out there.
I made it through heroin addiction once, and i still smoke weed. See, if you don't smoke weed you're not actually going into withdrawal. You're going back to reality, and when you smoked for some 4+ years straight, that reality might seem sooooo fucking plain and empty and distorted, but it's nothing to what you go through after kicking a smack habit cold turkey. On top of that, when you are "on cannabis" you put off certain things. Like planning ahead for your future, and working through problems and issues in your life. If you smoked for that long you let some serious stuff build up that's coming back now. But that is your own fault, you abused the hell out of the substance. There are plenty of people who smoke a joint a day and still hold down a normal life. The more you smoke, the harder that gets imho.

You write some really long sentences.

Octothorp

I felt quite a bit of withdrawl from stopping smoking weed. But i think it was more related to the tobacco in joints (as i dont smoke ciggerettes). It was more of a feeling of "a joint would be nice at the moment" than anything else.

I would like to send my regards to the guys dealing with proper addiction.
And respect to those that have dealt with serious addiction.

And to those flamers/Haters/trolls : "relax, It's Just a Ride" - Bill Hicks :joint:

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
I will stand up for Sir Nugget here and say that there are people who experience heroin like withdrawls from marijuana and I'm not sure if it's the methadone but I get sick when I run out of pot... Also some people are really sensitive to withdrawl symptoms like my buddy's wife so for all we know he may be feeling the way I feel without opiates cuz we all work differently.

Horse shit.

nephilthim

Horse shit.

yea since your a selfish bitch like you would know what anyone else feels or more importantly:give a shit...
your entitled to your opine,but each of us is an individual with differing amounts of functioning brain chemical,it would be lacking objectivity,subjectivity to summarily dismiss anothers symptoms be it physiological/mental,or even pyschosomatic.
compassion is the basis for humanity so some of you I wouldn't spit,piss on if you needed water.

lunatick

about them "crazy dreams" - u can deal with dreams\nightmares by understanding that its just a dream wile dreaming it.(lucid dreams)

There is no reason to try and compare emotions(this is not a contest),if a person is feeling that way about not smoking we should really just empower him.

stay strong bro.

Latest posts

Latest posts