What's new

Making it thru withdrawal

S

Sir_Nugget

lets keep this thread in topic please... If you wanted to quit smoking pot in the past, what did u do to quit smoking?

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Well i've been smoking a few g-s a day for about 6 months now..stopped a few days ago. Probably not gonna smoke for another six months cause my stash ran out and i can't grow. And i NEVER BUY!

Absolutley NO symptoms of any kind. Nada..Ofcourse i would enjoy a joint. That's because i like weed lol :D

(btw thanks for the neg k pansy!)

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
i don't know man...energy yeah maybe but sex drive? i don't know about you guys but when
i smoke, if anything, my sex drive goes up :joint:

My man knows to keep me with good greens and an occasional cocktail...even just the greens supplied, he has to TRY and keep up with Miss Blunted's sex drive....I hear that! It's just fine when I don't smoke too...just better when I do.

Marijuana should be a legitimate (legal) way to treat menopausal women's sex drive...or any woman who wants to get a little freakier. Loss of sex drive is a huge issue for a lot of women and it shouldn't be.:headbange

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
This thread is not for those of you that are not going thru withdrawal.. When youve smoked as much cannabis as consistently as I have for the past 5 years.. If you've been as high as I have for the past 5 years, then try quitting cannabis and not having any effects from that..

Gypsy Nirvana started this website because he went crazy from withdrawal.. weed withdrawal can cause irritation, hunger, and irrational behavior just like other drugs.. although I have yet to even quit smoking weed, I will say that quitting smoking weed is not as hard nearly all other drugs...

I be as high as a kite on weed all day and still pass my classess.. take my weed away, and I have a hard time doing anything because im spazzed out from "withdrawal" like symptoms.. I've seen ppl going thru weed withdrawal in class, and I can say that what I go thru is similar.. I get the shakes, I sweat.. I cant eat (shuv food down mouth), so I dont poop.. This can go on for weeks if i dont smoke some good bud...

weed is a drug, and a drug is anything that we take to get high, drugs are addicting

can any1 name a drug that is not addicting, thta is worth taking? (besides shrums)

Absolutely not true....I did not start this website because I went crazy from withdrawal.....I can take cannabis or leave it and never have experienced any withdrawal symptoms at all.....not to say that some people do not.......and if they do then I suspect that it is because of a psychological dependance that they have built up on using cannabis....

I have often used cannabis to control pain, and if I have run out of it whilst doing so then I have had to face the pain without the relief that cannabis brings.........and pain can drive you insane...

I started this website so that growers/breeders and those that might wish to grow can find good information to do so.....and to develop a community of like minded people that can communicate within a safe framework about the plant.....

W

Weedman Herb

Now that's funny ...

Now that's funny ...

lets keep this thread in topic please... If you wanted to quit smoking pot in the past, what did u do to quit smoking?
So a 22 year old know it all who posts BullShit on the Internet wants others to control their rant??? Sir Nugget=YummyBud Jr. ... ICs new resident Moron ... Just because you blew 75,000 and have Nothing but the weed jones to show for it doesn't make you right about this ... Maybe you meant to say that You are physically addicted to weed (in fact the first person to be so addicted) as well as being mentally challenged Rather than making such a broad statement ... and a ficticious one about GN as well. One might be led to believe that if Sir Nugget doesn't know the truth that Sir Nugget will make up whatever suits Sir Nugget ...

W

Weedman Herb

How much Kush Indica does 10 USD buy in LA? Not enough to call a Sack me thinks ... save your 10 to help you buy a clue ...

maryjohn

Veteran
I believe this has ceased to be a rational conversation, and has devolved into name calling and posturing.

Is there a moderator?

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
:woohoo::hijacked: :woohoo:

I wasn't saying anything untrue. Word is bond. 75k and all you have is a weed habit what better constitutes a name calling event?....ya douche.:2cents:

CoonLover

I feel your pain, when I run out. I go from 0 to 100 in seconds and I am a beast for 3 or so days. I don't eat for a couple days.
I don't see it as withdrawals from weed, it's my chemical imbalance being balanced then going back to imbalanced. Same shit if I were on some Rx pill and I stopped taking it.
It's a crime people have to live this way.

IDK about anyone else, but I just didnt smoke. Seemed obvious to me.

Your symptoms are manifested by your mind, you think your a "serious stoner", so in your mind, there needs to be some negative effects when you stop smoking.

What you need is a Dr. to give you a placebo.

PharmaCan

Veteran

What you do is get some cow manure and roll a few blunts with it. Every time you want to smoke you light a cowshit blunt and puff on that instead. In a very short time you'll have an aversion to smoking.

Hell, I thought everyone knew about this method.

PC

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
I started Smoking pot when i was 12 years old.
I smoked everyday and started dealing to friends to support my habit.
When i was almost twenty years old i just stopped no real reason.
I had a bottle of pain killers from the dentist weak stuff like vicodin or something.
I took those for a week after i stopped smoking for a cheap buzz.
Its been almost 15 years during that time i have only smoked once, Only because everyone was making a big deal about this strain i had.
Shiskaberry X C99 .
I took two maybe 3 hits and OMFG!:woohoo:
I Was tripping paranoid! Space and time merged and twisted i was teleporting (not Literally of course) from one spot to another and had no memory of how i got there.

Anyways , its been a long time and i have been working on some crosses.
I have this one particularly that smells like someone took a rubber car tire and threw it on a fire. It reeks of burning rubber and has a beautiful skunky berry taste to it, you cant smoke it in public or carry a bag of it around.

Im gonna try to build an immunity back up, starting with some northern so i can start testing my own crosses.
I rely alot on my Girl and relatives to give me all my input about potency and taste and such. But its just not enough information, i need my own opinion.

So anyways I'm Rambling .
The moral of my story is i had somewhat of a crutch, the pain killers for a week to ween me off.
If you don't have an addictive nature maybe the pain pills could work for you.

W

Weedman Herb

If you don't have an addictive nature maybe the pain pills could work for you.
You obviously haven't fully taken in what the OP and others have said in this thread. 75k in under 5 years spent on weed ... 1800 watts of lighting that were never used to grow a fucking thing obtained in the the beginning of dudes 75,000 and were eventually SOLD to buy weed ... Then Sir_Nugget spoke out of the wrong side of his neck Thinking he knew something about Gypsy ... Dude is either the biggest Loser Ever with a Highly Addictive personality and a compulsive liar ... or just a compulsive liar ...

MaryJohn ... we have GN himself (the owner of the site) posting In The Thread and you're whining for Moderator ... yet you haven't said Why you think we need a MOD?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I smoked pot for 20 years and stopped no problems at all and I was a heavy smoker. My problem now is I can only take a couple hits and im blazed. Im addicted to the taste and smell lol. I have a jar that sits next to me and I open it all the time just to smell it. Oh and I take Dilaudid daily for a spine injury. If I did not have my pot I would be addicted to the opiates.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran

well I just didn't smoke/eat when it was inappropriate. DOT physicals, life insurance whiz quiz, just times of no pot which happen.

Pot addiction is propaganda. Remember, this is from a guy who almost killed himself with crack and alcohol. Sorry you can't accept the fact that you're a victim of gov't propaganda.

Simply amazing that you posted bald faced misinformation about why GN started this thread. Does making stuff up somehow make you feel better?

Sent your bad karma right back to you. Really dude, you need to get a grip. If you're for real, which I doubt, you have some serious personal issues that you don't want to face, and the excuse of 'addiction' is just an free pass so you don't have to deal with reality. 'How conveeeeenient' as the Church Lady would say. Frankly if the choice is do I believe what you say or what I can plainly see with my own two eyes, I'll choose my eyes every time.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
You obviously haven't fully taken in what the OP and others have said in this thread. 75k in under 5 years spent on weed ... 1800 watts of lighting that were never used to grow a fucking thing obtained in the the beginning of dudes 75,000 and were eventually SOLD to buy weed ... Then Sir_Nugget spoke out of the wrong side of his neck Thinking he knew something about Gypsy ... Dude is either the biggest Loser Ever with a Highly Addictive personality and a compulsive liar ... or just a compulsive liar ...

MaryJohn ... we have GN himself (the owner of the site) posting In The Thread and you're whining for Moderator ... yet you haven't said Why you think we need a MOD?

Didn't catch that.

Yeah selling your lights for pot.
That's like a crack head selling his crack for a pipe.
Growing pot is 10,000 times more addictive then smoking weed.

Last edited:

southpaw

gotta agree with Haps and erbium and others here: mj "withdrawal" is mild at worst, and non-existent at best. Go through opiate withdrawal once and you will never complain about mj withdrawal ever again. There is no comparison, but let's do one anyway.

Opiate withdrawal: last weeks and fucks up every waking moment, plus it keeps you from sleeping. You feel like your skin is crawling, you're puking, your legs are rubbery and painful and restless. You feel deeply depressed, truly desperate for more opiate, always cold, shivering, tears streaming down your face uncontrollably even though you aren't crying (although you might be!!), and a headache that won't go away. Even if you didn't go cold turkey, just lowering the dose of legal and prescribed medications like Oxy, Dilaudid, Fentanyl etc., you still get all the horrors of opiate withdrawal, just like a street junky, and it takes weeks to months to taper off completely, during which time to feel horrible 24/7. This is why people of all kinds have to go into Rehab to get through it--you cannot lead a normal life while kicking opiates.

MJ withdrawal: Hmm. Well, obviously a lot of people don't experience it at all and can just stop without problems. As long as you are occupied with a job or even your family, it is easy to forget you haven't smoked. Get bored and you start jonesing, but what are the physical symptoms? Lack of appetite, increase in anxiety, insomnia, and irritability. All of which is gone within a week if you go completely cold turkey. Yes, days seem longer and more boring, but that can be fixed by doing something--and you are fully capable of doing things, unlike opiate withdrawal.

Man up. MJ withdrawal is the easiest withdrawal of any of the regularly used pyschoactive drugs. It is a pleasure compared to opiates (and my experience is all stuff my doc needed to prescribe to me post heavy surgery--not street drugs). Benzodiazepines like Valium and Xanax have such bad withdrawal that you can go into seizure and DIE if you don't have access to the drug and are dependent on it. All the fools using benzos like Klonapine to relax instead of MJ are in for a rude awakening when it's quitting time--or if they just run out. ER time.

MJ is IMO more fun and more psychoactive than benzos or opiates, and withdrawal is negligible. You need some perspective here.

Pot is addictive, but it's mostly a lifestyle issue. The lack of hardcore physical dependence or withdrawal is due to the fact that we store THC in our fat cells and it continues to enter the blood stream from your metabolized fat long after you stop smoking; this has a built-in "nicotine patch" effect that minimizes withdrawal via a natural internal tapering mechanism. If it weren't stored in fat like that, physical withdrawal could be bad, but that isn't the reality we live in and it is not how pot works. I love pot and i consider myself addicted, but i know that if i have to travel and can't score, i will still be fully functional and able to enjoy myself. The same cannot be said for opiates and benzos, so isn't it great that MJ can take the place of those drugs for many different applications?

Going through opiate withdrawal for the first time this year gave me a much deeper appreciation for what a truly wonderful drug MJ is! Learn from the experience of others here...or get hooked on opiates and find out for yourself. :nanana: (kidding...)

Jesus. The thread could have ended here.

Latest posts

Latest posts