What's new

Making it thru withdrawal

S

SmokeToLive

I've changed my mind about this after having to go through opiate withdrawals ... again.

You don't get withdrawals from marijuana. Sorry. You might feel upset that you don't have any left, but it's nothing compared to the days of hell that opiates lead to. (And I wasn't even abusing.)

K

KMK0420

I've changed my mind about this after having to go through opiate withdrawals ... again.

You don't get withdrawals from marijuana. Sorry. You might feel upset that you don't have any left, but it's nothing compared to the days of hell that opiates lead to. (And I wasn't even abusing.)

This is absolutely incorrect.

You do get withdrawals from THC.

It's well documented. Ingesting any mind-altering drug for an extended period of time, then quitting use will provide withdrawal symptoms; now, they may be severe, or not-so-severe.

Insomnia, Nightmares, Nausea, Diarrhea - symptoms i experience when i abruptly quit using weed. Other people i know have the same exact symptoms when they quit, and again it's well documented online.

Opiates are far more severe, but YES there are symptoms.

Half life of THC is 30-45 days.

True "abstinence" from weed is 2 months. That's enough time for the THC to break down, your body be cleansed of it and your mind to return to the complete "sober" state. 1 week, 2 weeks...yeah you'll see MINOR improvements in some things (energy levels, memory, etc.) but after 2 months - DAMN what a difference. Smoking after 2 months is like the first time you EVER smoked

C

CheifnBud2

I Seriously dont have problems quitting for 1 or 2 days... AT ALL.

After about a month, I start to get a shorter attention span and more irritable (ALL THE TIME). I also lose a bit of weight usually.

Those are the only withdrawl symptoms I have experienced.

As far as arguing for or against the use of it and tolerance of that issue, I have spent much more energy in this avenue.

C

CheifnBud2

This is absolutely incorrect.

You do get withdrawals from THC.

It's well documented. Ingesting any mind-altering drug for an extended period of time, then quitting use will provide withdrawal symptoms; now, they may be severe, or not-so-severe.

Insomnia, Nightmares, Nausea, Diarrhea - symptoms i experience when i abruptly quit using weed. Other people i know have the same exact symptoms when they quit, and again it's well documented online.

Opiates are far more severe, but YES there are symptoms.

Half life of THC is 30-45 days.

True "abstinence" from weed is 2 months. That's enough time for the THC to break down, your body be cleansed of it and your mind to return to the complete "sober" state. 1 week, 2 weeks...yeah you'll see MINOR improvements in some things (energy levels, memory, etc.) but after 2 months - DAMN what a difference. Smoking after 2 months is like the first time you EVER smoked

This is so true... But for someone with a fast metabolism and low fat, it can only take 3 weeks for that cleanse to happen.

C

cork144

id like to see the people saying weed does have withdrawls, start taking heroin, come off of it, then experience real withdrawl.

ive seen the withdrawl, it isnt very pretty, shitting your pants as your bowls start to rework again ect...

Hey Smoketolive, serious drug addiction which is in no way comparable to weed smoking,i can safely say that its not in the same league.

Stay strong STL,its about winning the fight and u gonna lose some battles,but if u keep getting up ,one day u gonna stay up.:dueling::woohoo:
Yes you right Cork144,its not for the faint hearted and not pretty to be around,specailly when u care for the person who's lost.

ps i wish you the very best life has to offer and hope your past does'nt stop u getting your future.

Last edited:
S

SmokeToLive

Thanks Vinyl. Fortunately I had only been on them for a few months so it hasn't been as bad as it could be. That and I hate opiates with a passion (which is why I smoke instead) so I'm predisposed not to take them. It's been a shitty week though, regardless. (Literally and figuratively.)

But yeah. You're absolutely right. There is no comparison.

S

SmokeToLive

Tolerance is not what I would consider a withdrawal symptom, and I didn't like weed the first time I ever smoked. :p (It didn't do anything for me...) I suppose everyone is different, but I can't say you have withdrawals from weed after experiencing what I have experienced. It's hell.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
OK, I'm a gonna hep ya out. Reach into your trousers, find yer boys, and getta a fucking grip on it. Your psychological addiction withdrawl is in your mind, once you get a grip, it is easier to control. Yes it sucks, but it is not withdrawl. Get to work.

H

DICIPLINE!

I give this man a "pat on the back".

:2cents:

Evolve. Apparently your climate has changed and it's time to change with it or die. (It may not be that serious, but live this way in all things and you won't worry about a little weed to smoke or how to pass the time.)

B

bagseed77

a good wank always helps me thru the day when im out of weed , seems to calm the nerves a lil so i dont have to goto detox from all these weed withdrawls, dude, i read the first post then came to the last page, fuck 14 pages of this , like others ive had many addictions and i consider my self drug free now, weed and beer for me now , no more drugs , haps said it best , damn that was funny

afroman25

" it messes with ur appetite, and a lot of other things:

All kidding aside, THAT shit is true. I feel like shit if I quit smoking because I'm hungry but nothing sounds good. It's a joke as far as physical addiction goes but shit, I can't eat anything but applesauce and toast when I'm out of smoke. It's fuct.
I honestly thought i was the only person this happended to. I'm going through this right now. Havent smoked in a week. Havent really had an appetite what so ever. Does anyone know why this happens? when you quit or go long periods w/o weed after smoking everyday all day for years?

T

theratings

I recommend playing long video games to occupy your time, and just hang out with any friends you have around whenever you can.

With me it's not so much weed withdrawl, but if I'm not constantly buying weed, that means I have no money, which gets me depressed anyway.

basspirate

I wanted to add to this forum as I've been having to deal without my favorite little green friends to help me through the day lately.

I think the original poster might have made claims that those with different experiences might find to be a little 'exaggerated'. At the same time though, all of you did point out that the addiction is mental and real.

We should take a moment to remember just how powerful our minds are; perhaps he really was feeling like absolute hell on the inside. I just don't think it helps to say to someone "you aren't suffering the way I have suffered, what i experienced was more of an ordeal than your current situation, so just get over it."

I don't think that marijuana produces purely physical withdrawal symptoms, but I think that its psychological tentacles can produce them to some degree. I know that this spring I had taken a break of a month, the first time i had gone more than two days without a toke in seven years, and after the first few days felt fine. I don't think you could do that with any other substance-then again, I think marijuana is one of the greatest Gifts that God has given us and can't be compared with most other things on earth. I will admit though, that at the end I still missed a good smoke like it was my best-friend fighting a war on foreign, enemy soil. I also get paranoid that with the war on marijuana in the US that somehow it's going to disappear off of the face of the earth, never for it to be found by me again, and that I'm going to live the rest of my life straight-does that ever happen to you?

I know with myself I just generally feel hopeless, unmotivated, anxious and lose my appetite when I don't smoke. I feel like nothing is really worth doing and just want to sit in the same spot and mope. I do smoke every day because I have some problems with anxiety, so naturally those symptoms will be more noticeable without my self-prescribed 'meds'.

I'd also like to add that my brother, who is a non-smoker, but deals with his anxiety and depression thru prescription meds, takes a benadryl when he's really flipping out and doesn't have his scripts available. I've been using a similar approach when I can't smoke-one or two antihistamines definitely help to ease the system a little. It definitely doesn't give you any type of 'high' either, so you're not just subsituting substances.

Really and truly, if it weren't my anxiety and the fact that marijuana is just a very ingrained part of my personality/routine, I don't think it would be hard to take a break at all.

So to all of you who are taking a break off the good smoke for a while, against your will, I wish you the best of luck!

VT_Fire

real withdrawals are way worse. I thought this thread was gonna be about what strains help you through real withdrawals from u know...drugs.

[Thing is.. I have my med card, but I smoke recreationally.. I dont use weed as medicine I use it to be cool and have fun..

RIGHT THERE YOU EVEN SAID IT YOURSELF...you use weed to be cool. thats the tall and skinny of your problem, you are what half baked (since you seem to put faith in the half baked script as reall life solutions to problems) calls an "enhancement smoker" you ever go through heroin or benzo withdrawl well i have and let me tell you something you should be punched into you fucking face and then your grow lights should be unsrewed from thier sockets (if they even are in one , as to say they dont exsits) and then take the bulb and stick it right up your ass and ride a rollercoaster and then you should be forced into a decompression chamber and then let right out to explode due to atmosphereic pressure.

Ive always told myself that having a girl would make slowing down a lot easier but i cant find 1, and im just having a hard time slowing down.. Im not trying to quit.. Just smoke less often.. I love the dispensaries, but the weed is just sso uneconomical for the average person.. which i pretty much am[/quote]

you afre abbuseing your MMJ card and there are peeps out there that would kill to have a card to really treat their medical conditions instead of trying to liik cool.

also spreadding propaganda like this is really putting us groweres/activists/etc. thousands of steps backwards christ peeps like you are going to make this country revert back to like it was in the earlier 90's....when there were no mmj cards at all.

what we have here is someone who has stated clearly that he falsified his need for a mmj permit as he said himself he doesnt have a med. condition but and ego trip that requires him to smoke pot to be socially accepted.

second is you are claiming to be a grower i guess, so why in the hell would you even think of spouting this foul propaganda out of your mouth is absurd. we are working on total medical legsalization first, then maybe work on it to be legalized recreationally across the board (all 50) and your posts will do nothing but hurt the cause.

thirdly, i think you are an anti pot activist and you would be more fit to go on cnbc and give your "withdrawl story" to some interviewer to further demonize pot usage and to further put the prospect of med marijuana being accepted by the entire medical community and gov't as a good and safe drug to successfully battle serious med condtions and such, look like a serious mistake. they would think this for sure and im sure your story would be used as a template for anti-legalization movements to use as a generic source of ammunition for thier side of the argument, that pot has no good use and is highly addictive and bad for you,, just look at what one time grower and user of pot has said (that would be you sir nug)

shannanigans gypsy please get this guy outta here!!

Ipsissimus

I'm gonna get it for this viewpoint...

for me, quitting weed is very similar to a mild opiate withdrawal. with most things, there are shades of gray.

I believe my appetite becomes acclimated to the hunger inducing effects of herb. When I quit, nothing sounds appetizing for me. I get hunger pangs but the thought of foods makes me slightly nauseous. I also get the runs, and I have more difficulty regulating body temperature (slight chills, cold all of sudden, then hot). I suspect it has more to do with how weed affects my appetite, and my change in eating habits, rather than withdrawal directly related to the herb. I believe that dietary changes and lack of sustenance are the cause of some withdrawal symptoms for both marijuana and opiates.

and folks, anything enjoyable re-wires the pleasure pathways of your brain. in that sense, anything worth doing or having is addictive in a GOOD way...when anything is used as an escape from life's problems that it becomes addictive in a BAD way. i'm talking anything. the whole addictive / non addictive viewpoint does more harm than good.

bobblehead

Veteran
I had to quit until I get a new job, so now I'm on Wellbutrin for my anxiety, and gonna start counseling soon... i miss my weed.