What's new

Making it thru withdrawal

S

Sir_Nugget

Hello everyone, I'm starting this thread for those of us that are going thru serious withdrawal, whether because we just don't have any smoke, or because were simply changing our habit, I think that this is an important subject.

I am currently going through withdrawal... When I was 18 I got put in a national coca-cola commercial and made $75k in a two-week shoot... With the money I rented a townhouse in a nice area of los angeles and set up a couple 400 watts, and a 1000 watt in my upstairs. I stayed in LA because of my sick mom...

Within two years all my piggy bank was dried up, due to my expensive weed buying habits. I would smoke a quarter of the most expensive shit every couple days... I am 22 now, and I have been smokign everyday since I was about 17...

just yesterday... I ran out of weed / money... I can really only afford to buy small amounts, and not that often...

I dont believe that weed should cost as much as it does.. and I will never again spend more than ten dollars on a sack... And I will make that sack last me a long long time...

I have not smoked yet today, and I have developed a way to help myself thru this time. I walked to the beach, and layed down for 3 hours watching the horizon, the sand and seashells... What was important was that I got myself out of my room (smoke den) and into the world, were my mind could try to focus on the world again, and not pot addiction..

Pot addiction is a powerful thing... The only thing bad about weed is that I dont have enuff of it, other than that the effects are pure bliss...

My heavy spending days are over... its so stupid to spend cash on weed, somthing that can grow from low quality soil and shit...

Anyway, after several years of growing I have become a decent cultivator, with many harvests under my belt... I am ready to become totally self "weed" sufficient. (Thx to icmag and OG!)

I hope good things happen to those of us that are trying to benignly adjust our selves, and our situations.. Let peace of mind be with you, and me...
Take yourself to a place of peace, for as long as you can, and in the end.. When we look back after we have stopped smoking so much weed.. we will see that we have performed a righteous act, with courage, and grace...

ganja is too beautiful to struggle with her... We must be with her!! But in peace!
:abduct:

Sir_Nugget

S

Sir_Nugget

I kno ones gotta be a pretty serious stoner to have the type of withdrawal I do, Its hard, but challenges are what life is all about

I feel you man, going from smoking all the time to not at all sucks! When I got out of the Army, I was in a partying mood as I had spent the last 14 months of it overseas and I was ready to have some fun and "forget" a few of my problems, so what better to do but smoke up all the time(among other things). I was in college and was going to school high, studying high, everything....

As I've matured I've learned that I don't need to do everything in excess, but too much of most things can be bad for you. I grow now medically, but smoke way less then I used to when I was your age even though I have access to more. It's kinda weird how things work out but that's the journey of life I guess, and everyone's journey is different. Good luck to you.... try exercising a little more to work out some of the jitters you may be experiencing at this time, it will help!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
9-quitters.jpg

J/P Homie--:nanana:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find if I just hold my bong, with a full bowl and start typing on I.C. mag then time goes by pretty fast. Usually a few hours before I even touch the bowl. I smoke about a gram or two a day.

S

Sir_Nugget

hehe, i'm not sure if i got it kmk.. ur saying a terrorists will get me if i quit smokin? Lol.. I'm all for smoking, but when a gram cost 20 dollars, and half of the world aint even got nuthin to eat.. it makes u wonder.. if being stoned is even right

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
hehe, i'm not sure if i got it kmk.. ur saying a terrorists will get me if i quit smokin? Lol.. I'm all for smoking, but when a gram cost 20 dollars, and half of the world aint even got nuthin to eat.. it makes u wonder.. if being stoned is even right

I was just using a "quitters suck" pic...purely for comedy-- Simply because it is a near and dear subject to me...and I felt a joke was easier than the truth--
Shit!!...I'm a loser--:yeahthats:nanana:
I do not let myself run out of weed...as I KNOW what happens-- :crazy:

if being stoned is even right

Right by who? Depending on who you ask, that answer will be different..... That is the great thing about life! Don't worry about being judged, it all varies by culture too. It even depends on what time you are talking about, because before 1920 it was widely accepted for people to smoke and even encouraged in certain areas. It was outlawed for several reasons; ignorant people were told that it made you go crazy, it made you sleep with brown people, and it made men rape women, etc.... We all know that isn't true, so what is their reason now?

If you feel pressure from people around you to stop smoking, tell them to f off. If you feel if would make you a better person to stop smoking, then do so, but do it for yourself not because of others values! Stop worrying what others think and start living your life man!

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
OK, I'm a gonna hep ya out. Reach into your trousers, find yer boys, and getta a fucking grip on it. Your psychological addiction withdrawl is in your mind, once you get a grip, it is easier to control. Yes it sucks, but it is not withdrawl. Get to work.

H

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
You denigrate the reality of true withdrawal from addictive substances by trying to lump your petty discomforts in the same class. Take an aspirin and play a video game. Maybe later an ambien to help you sleep. Then get out and get a real job. Anyone that cries about the price of cannabis is a bum, IMO. $20 a gram is only a high price for a piker with no resources.

S

Sir_Nugget

So we got a couple of people that think that MJ is not physically addictive here... I think that may be true to some1 that has only smoked pure sativas.. I think smoking heavy indicas, and pure indica hash, and OG kush all day.. U will get physical withdrawal, because it messes with ur appetite, and a lot of other things

nephilthim

:fsu:it's all psychosomatic ..
what happened to your 1800watts?
the only time i feel bad is when I don't have any..thats y I am growing more...
invest in some beans or clones..
your withdrawl symptoms if anything are mental,being some users have a tendancy towards depression if not being/unable to medicate.so work more find a cheaper coop or make a collective yourself.

SuperConductor

Veteran
So we got a couple of people that think that MJ is not physically addictive here... I think that may be true to some1 that has only smoked pure sativas.. I think smoking heavy indicas, and pure indica hash, and OG kush all day.. U will get physical withdrawal, because it messes with ur appetite, and a lot of other things

Now that is one crazy post :fsu:

do like Haps says and check for nuts in them pants. If none exist grow a pair.

If you were really addicted you wouldn't be lying on a beach looking at stuff you'd be robbing the people on the beach or selling your mums tv or your asshole, anything to get cash to feed your addiction.

What you are experiencing is mild psychological and phsyical discomfort.

phattybudz

" it messes with ur appetite, and a lot of other things:

All kidding aside, THAT shit is true. I feel like shit if I quit smoking because I'm hungry but nothing sounds good. It's a joke as far as physical addiction goes but shit, I can't eat anything but applesauce and toast when I'm out of smoke. It's fuct.

S

Sir_Nugget

The reason this site even exists was because Gypsy got put into jail and went thru withdrawal, the withdrawal made him go pyscho and he started ICmag...

Im not saying that weed withdrawal is worse than "hard drug" withdrawal..

Weed is a soft drug, but there is still a withdrawal, and everyone is different..
Withdrawing from weed may be harder for some than for others

I kno that when ur an everyday smoker, of indica kush, withdrawal can last for a couple of weeks... The symptons are hyperness, jitters, loss of appetite, and even a little pyschosis.. The same people that will rob ppl for coke are the same ones that would hold you up for a blunt..

If your currently going thru withdrawal, put urself ina relaxing place and stay there, and keep shuving food down ur throat, not eating will just make the withdrawal prolonged and worse

S

Sir_Nugget

You denigrate the reality of true withdrawal from addictive substances by trying to lump your petty discomforts in the same class. Take an aspirin and play a video game. Maybe later an ambien to help you sleep. Then get out and get a real job. Anyone that cries about the price of cannabis is a bum, IMO. $20 a gram is only a high price for a piker with no resources.

ya the withdrawals not nearly as bad as with coke/ heroin/alchohol... but just like with those drugs, the seriousness of withdrawal depends on how long ones been using and how hard..

I know people that make hundred thou a yr and they cant afford to buy dubs often at all

SuperConductor

Veteran
What a load of shite. Not only are you saying cannabis is addictive but 'kush indica' varieties are more addictive? Grow up you idiot.

G

ganjafish

So what did happen to your setup? You should have been able to at the least supply yourself with all of the herb you could smoke.