What's new

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

BudToaster

Veteran
final tally after grinding - Nepal 100g, Burma 45g - which is a surprise to me cause the Burma jar had more volume of shroom, obviously less dense.

• Love
Reactions: xet

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Have not grown in a long time except some PF tek cakes which produce very little. Can not remember what to bulk WBS with to fill litter trays. Think it must have been peat moss. Could have been coco coir. Any suggestion, and should something like calcium or lime be added. Always heard to add coffee, but never tried.

BudToaster

Veteran
i am just using prepackaged substrate - manure and straw mixture - i haven't studied alternatives. it started out as a one-and-done project, turning into a three-so-far project. the shroom websites/YT have lots of tek ideas. this works okay for me right now - don't have the bandwidth to try to "fix" it.

Loc Dog

Veteran
i am just using prepackaged substrate - manure and straw mixture - i haven't studied alternatives. it started out as a one-and-done project, turning into a three-so-far project. the shroom websites/YT have lots of tek ideas. this works okay for me right now - don't have the bandwidth to try to "fix" it.
Cubes or cyanescens or some other stronger strains?? Never wanted to go manure route especially indoors. Learned from some masters on shroomtalk around 2009, right before they became lame. Sites I have visited recently no one wants to help, and says experiment, which sucks since it takes a long time, and can go bad quickly. Forget a lot of the details like how many jars of WBS and what I mixed it with. Litter trays were the best. Covered with foil and let colonize, then into shotgun fruiting chamber to fruit.

Loc Dog

Veteran
i like GordoTek, his DMT synthesis was fantastically easy, but removed now….
Thanks. I did Cyb's A/B hybrid tek a couple of years ago but paranoid to do alone so sitting in freezer for years. Have had anxiety/depression for 22 years and prozac does almost nothing. Want to try psychedelics since I heard they actually work, and watching Hamilton on Vice TV. Did micro dose a few weeks ago and felt great for a week. Learned a lot on nexus.

BudToaster

Veteran
Cubes or cyanescens or some other stronger strains?? Never wanted to go manure route especially indoors. Learned from some masters on shroomtalk around 2009, right before they became lame. Sites I have visited recently no one wants to help, and says experiment, which sucks since it takes a long time, and can go bad quickly. Forget a lot of the details like how many jars of WBS and what I mixed it with. Litter trays were the best. Covered with foil and let colonize, then into shotgun fruiting chamber to fruit.
i just go by the common names: Golden Teacher, B+, Nepal, Burma, Z and another one i forget - haven't researched them like i have biochem. it's just psilocybin to me. Burma is rated as stronger and my trip was more intense than B+.

the manure is pasturized. i use Qt jars of rye berries - sterilized by seller - and inoculate with syringes - 6ml per jar. 4 jars come with 4 one lb packs of manure. i added a 5 lb pack of substrate - manure + straw - since the Max Yield Bins are so deep. mix in 2 Qt jars into the 7 lb total substrate in the tray.

i use everclear to clean/disinfect the trays before filling with substrate and jars. so far no contamination until late into fruiting.

have not had any go bad - dry out with desiccant packs and store in freezer.

audiohi

Veteran
Thanks. I did Cyb's A/B hybrid tek a couple of years ago but paranoid to do alone so sitting in freezer for years. Have had anxiety/depression for 22 years and prozac does almost nothing. Want to try psychedelics since I heard they actually work, and watching Hamilton on Vice TV. Did micro dose a few weeks ago and felt great for a week. Learned a lot on nexus.

This guys step by step video is a very easy straight to base - STB tek and produces good results with mimosa hostilis bark.

Hopefully the video can ease some of your paranoia and help you work towards some results.

Last edited:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I've watched Philly Golden Teachers vids on youtube. Basic A to B with a minimum of fuss. I grow cubes on Oats with Coco-vermiculite substrate in 6- 16qt shoeboxes.

Mexi-Cube:

Mexi 16qt 8.23.22.JPG

Loc Dog

Veteran
I've watched Philly Golden Teachers vids on youtube. Basic A to B with a minimum of fuss. I grow cubes on Oats with Coco-vermiculite substrate in 6- 16qt shoeboxes.

Mexi-Cube:

View attachment 18748069
Have plenty of coco but do you know if peat moss works?? Just trying to remember what I used in past, and do not think I started using coco until bud around 2014. Is anything added to coco, or are the oats all that is needed? I used to use wild bird seed, which sees to be cheapest and worked great. Never really had much luck with additional flushes.

Looks like perlite. What percentage mixed with coco.

Last edited:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I honestly do not know if peat works @Loc Dog .There is a seemingly endless list of substrates and media to grow on,as well as Teks to follow for success. I do whole oats, no soak method and then use the Coco (so readily available) as well as approx 40% Vermiculite with added Gypsum which isn't really necessary,but does keep grains from clumping/sticking together. I can assure you there are far more capable growers on here than me. I am pretty green,but I pay attention and follow established tek. (with a little dumb luck mixed in). My advice is to not over-complicate things. There are stupid simple techniques that can be followed that delivers,and remember sanitation is important as well. Cubensis is pretty tough once it is colonized which helps us beginners enjoy enough success to keep coming back. I've had second and third flushes that made my first flush look embarrassing,but not that often.:cool:

Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I had to invest in some liquid culture syringes. Hope planet-of-shrooms is a reliable source.

Has anyone experience with hippies supercake? I have seen some incredible pics of what is possible with that mix. Newer posts on shroomery suggest that it's not needed for outstanding results better dial in the fruiting conditions.

Screenshot_20220823-211329.png

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Sorry that I missed part of your post @Loc Dog. That isn't perlite you are seeing,it is pins (small mushrooms (knots or primordia for all intents and purposes) to be more accurate)

Typically a ratio is used such as: I qt colonized grains (oats WBS wheat berries etc) mixed with 2 qts of substrate (coco-verm with gypsum) and then a thin casing layer over the top. There are a couple of very good internet discussion forums with members who really enjoy helping folks if you are interested. It's actually very enjoyable to grow Mushies.

@chilliwilli

The teks for growing have improved to the point that it is so easy to just follow simple teks. That tek from 2005 from one of the shroom websites originator is solid.But the improvement in techniques makes growing easier and more reliable all the time.

You linked to one of the nicest sites on the net for reliable information. I would encourage anyone who is interested to take some time and visit one of the shroom websites and ask some questions.

Most folks start with MSS (Multi spore syringes) as selling liquid culture is illegal at this point in time. I saw a resource for liquid culture on the net,but there were only a very few varieties.

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Veteran
Sorry that I missed part of your post @Loc Dog. That isn't perlite you are seeing,it is pins (small mushrooms (knots or primordia for all intents and purposes) to be more accurate)

Typically a ratio is used such as: I qt colonized grains (oats WBS wheat berries etc) mixed with 2 qts of substrate (coco-verm with gypsum) and then a thin casing layer over the top. There are a couple of very good internet discussion forums with members who really enjoy helping folks if you are interested. It's actually very enjoyable to grow Mushies.

@chilliwilli

The teks for growing have improved to the point that it is so easy to just follow simple teks. That tek from 2005 from one of the shroom websites originator is solid.But the improvement in techniques makes growing easier and more reliable all the time.

You linked to one of the nicest sites on the net for reliable information. I would encourage anyone who is interested to take some time and visit one of the shroom websites and ask some questions.

Most folks start with MSS (Multi spore syringes) as selling liquid culture is illegal at this point in time. I saw a resource for liquid culture on the net,but there were only a very few varieties.
Have some LC's in fridge. Just did PF tek to get a little but so much time for very little results. Learned a lot on Shroomtalk but they died out around 2010. Wish I had printed out the old teks. Have not had much luck with mycotopia or shroom forums on dmt-world. Need to get new weight for PC. Also so much contradictory information. Hoping it helps with depression, but just growing, and making stuff helps. Saw on PF website about extraction, which I would like to get standard doses.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I feel your frustration @Loc Dog but fact is that there are some really simple teks to follow. I do a mashup of teks,but they are dead simple and work great. I don't molly coddle anything or over-complicate anything either. I started with shoeboxes instead of PF Tek,but that's just because I hear the reaper gaining on me,and that makes me impatient to get things done.

You can follow any tek that is comfortable for you,and i encourage that,but there are really some simple teks that work great. I use my Instant Pot and it works fine.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I feel your frustration @Loc Dog but fact is that there are some really simple teks to follow. I do a mashup of teks,but they are dead simple and work great. I don't molly coddle anything or over-complicate anything either. I started with shoeboxes instead of PF Tek,but that's just because I hear the reaper gaining on me,and that makes me impatient to get things done.

You can follow any tek that is comfortable for you,and i encourage that,but there are really some simple teks that work great. I use my Instant Pot and it works fine.
How do you like to dry? I used to use a large food dehydrator which probably hits 165F. Found some old metal dessicant packs that need recharging.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I had to invest in some liquid culture syringes. Hope planet-of-shrooms is a reliable source.

Has anyone experience with hippies supercake? I have seen some incredible pics of what is possible with that mix. Newer posts on shroomery suggest that it's not needed for outstanding results better dial in the fruiting conditions.

View attachment 18748089
Would be nice to see side by side grows and results of weight, and extract to see how many milligrams of pure crystals. Think PF just used everclear and evaporated.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I dry with a dehydrator as well. It's an old K-tel or Ro-tell or something that my daughter lets me use,but it has 9 or 10 round trays and works great.

I saw a tek for a dryer that uses one of those square box fans. The guy made several square frames out of 2x4's that fit the fan and has screen attached to each layer,so you just lay your shrooms out and let the fan run on low. Those dessicant packs work great in jars too.

Latest posts

Latest posts