What's new

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I'm impressed with the growrate of lq.
On sunday i inoculated a mondo 10ml liquid culture medium with 1ml lq and kept it at ambient temps. I was not sure if it was enough since the lc was hard to pull up(needle to narrow) and only a few chuncks smaller than 1mm were visible. This is the lq today:biggrin:

20220907_155815~2.jpg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Do they still sell mycobags? That's how I grew B+ 15 years ago. Innoculated 5lb bag of sterilized wheat berries and kelp and honey and crap with one whole needle of spores. Wasted lots of spores but it worked.
When the medium was completely colonized I took it out of the bug and put it in a terrarium. Could have left in bag though.
Do they still sell those mycobags??? Wheat berries, kelp, honey etc. Just need to scope out a warm place in the house

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Can you freeze mushrooms that are 80% dry without problems?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
To be quite clear: I believe that swabs are actually swiped from gills.... not prints.

And Loc Dog I think that the quickest fruiting clusters that exhibit the traits you would like to find in successive generations are the ones to clone, as potency seems to be more or less a strain trait rather than subset variation (but there are obvious exceptions because there are some more potent variances).

Generally agar work is to determine rhizomorphic growth tendencies and then different strain subsets are fruited and tested while the subset is saved meanwhile to determine fruiting potential and potency.

Cloning is usually done if there isn't a master copy of the subset. I doubt many would trust others' sense of what they would select for, but I have no doubt that there are countless people selling liquid cultures of clonal subsets.

TheMan13

Veteran
DNC all in one.jpg

I saw that the Detroit Nutrient Company has a new product: Mushroom Magic All In One Grow Bag for $38.

Has anyone tried this product?

The all in one, self healing bag contains a blend of sterilized rye grain, straw, vermiculite, coco coir, gypsum and coffee. Just inject your spores.

Latest posts

Latest posts