What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

hamstring

Veteran
Hey BT great thread.

I am 57 haven't done shrooms since I was in my mid to late 20's. I bought a 1/4 oz from a friend. I dont know what strain but in my younger years I only remember to types. The blueish in color and the brown/tan ones. Theses were tan in color. The 1/4 oz consisted of two large mushrooms with stems attached. I ground them up in a spice grinder.

I have had them for a couple of weeks because I am unsure of dosage. I don't want to over do it. Rather have a nice buzz then full on trip. I read through the thread or rather perused and saw you mention micro dosing at 0.3 grams and also talk about 2-3 grams. Any advice you can provide on dosage would be awesome. I'm sure it depends on the person but looking for general advice.

Also is lemon teching the way to go or just ingest and wait as we did back in the day? The reason I ask is my digestive systems always seems slow. I remember once taking shrooms for a Dead show and they didn't kick in until the show was over. Made for a interesting/uncomfortable ride back from Chicago.

BudToaster

Veteran
@hamstring - my microdose is 0.2g of psilocybin with 0.2g of lions mane. i have ground all my shrooms in my coffee grinder, so 1/4 level teaspoon is .2g. i put the .2g+.2g in my morning coffee.

i have tried lemon tek and it works for me. i tried 3g last time and had very slight visuals. i need to do 5g next time to have a trip.

somewhat like @herbgreen - my child likes to do 2.5g of ground powder in tea - seeps it with the tea for 10 minutes and uses a mesh to filter out the shroom bits - i don't mind the shroom bits myself in the coffee - and it works fine for child.

dose probably depends on body weight - i am 155# and child is 115# so 2g to 2.5g is a nice trip.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
anyone watched "how to change your mind" on Netflix? a series ( on now) which starts with LSD, moves to psilocybin, and the next one is gonna be mdma. i've done all 3 over the years (wanting to try ayahuasca next), as well as chewed up & swallowed peyote cactus, skin and all. the chewing and swallowing were MOST unpleasant, like gnawing on a chunk of watermelon rind with sand embedded. the rest of the ride was most pleasant however. it made shooting pool VERY fun. rack them, break them, watch the colors fly around the table. repeat as desired, lol. it has been years since i did 'cid, mere months since 'shrooms. got all sorts of LBMs in the yard after recent rains, lol. never felt as tranquil & accepting of reality as the days/weeks after a hand full of stems/caps; probably 4 to 5 grams. would like to do more if i can locate them...MUCH more! viva Marina Sabina! :bow:

hamstring

Veteran
@hamstring - my microdose is 0.2g of psilocybin with 0.2g of lions mane. i have ground all my shrooms in my coffee grinder, so 1/4 level teaspoon is .2g. i put the .2g+.2g in my morning coffee.

i have tried lemon tek and it works for me. i tried 3g last time and had very slight visuals. i need to do 5g next time to have a trip.

somewhat like @herbgreen - my child likes to do 2.5g of ground powder in tea - seeps it with the tea for 10 minutes and uses a mesh to filter out the shroom bits - i don't mind the shroom bits myself in the coffee - and it works fine for child.

dose probably depends on body weight - i am 155# and child is 115# so 2g to 2.5g is a nice trip.
BT
Thanks thats all great info. I appreciate you taking the time to break it down.

I love the teaspoon=0.2g tip. I have a scale but that is a nice easy way to measure.

I weigh 170 lbs. I am thinking of starting with 1g to see if I can wade into the shroom water instead of jumping in head first. I am a coffee guy so maybe steeping it in coffee first.

Even my wife ,who is a total square, is giving me a hard time for buying them and not trying them. Geeze, I get no respect I tell ya.:biglaugh:

BudToaster

Veteran
Note: 1/4 LEVEL TEASPOON is 0.2g for my shroom grind

i hear you about the spouse thing! different for me (spouse and i share the same vices) but really the same - especially about my antivaxx stand.

i weigh 155 lbs. i used to be 175 but gave up sugar and lost 20 lbs and 4 pants sizes - tight 35 to loose 32 - and feel infinitely better.

johns hopkins study - according to Michael Pollan's Netflix doc - uses .20mg/kg as the "sweet spot" dose. NOTE: this is for synthesized psilocin which is only .25% to .75% contained in raw psilocybin. so multiply by 200 for B+, Golden Teacher, Nepal strains of raw dried shroom, which are about 0.5%

one review of the study and results: Johns Hopkins study finds Psilocybin dosage 'sweet spot' for positive and lasting effects (newatlas.com) from June 2011

hey! be sure to check my math!!! i ain't no mycologist, just a player.

BudToaster

Veteran
had a break yesterday, but today! about 18 Nepal and 4 Burma, but there will be another dozen Burma tonight or tomorrow.

i think the Nepal is starting to run down - mycelium beginning to look a little sparse and the bluing from bruising/cutting is not as dark or thick. Burma bluing is still very dark and thick .

blondie

anyone watched "how to change your mind" on Netflix? a series ( on now) which starts with LSD, moves to psilocybin, and the next one is gonna be mdma. i've done all 3 over the years (wanting to try ayahuasca next), as well as chewed up & swallowed peyote cactus, skin and all. the chewing and swallowing were MOST unpleasant, like gnawing on a chunk of watermelon rind with sand embedded. the rest of the ride was most pleasant however. it made shooting pool VERY fun. rack them, break them, watch the colors fly around the table. repeat as desired, lol. it has been years since i did 'cid, mere months since 'shrooms. got all sorts of LBMs in the yard after recent rains, lol. never felt as tranquil & accepting of reality as the days/weeks after a hand full of stems/caps; probably 4 to 5 grams. would like to do more if i can locate them...MUCH more! viva Marina Sabina! :bow:

I saw the first two episodes a week or so ago and thought of this thread. Been forty years since I had any “brain douche” as I’ve heard shrooms called. One of the things I found odd was the shroom episode talking about their experiences. So very very far away from my experiences. The descriptions of shroomin on the show sounded more like acid trips to me.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i wonder if that was due to the psilocin being fabricated in the lab versus extracted from an actual shroom
it could be due to the purity & quantity. real shrooms gonna vary by species, size, etc. i've never taken synthesized psilocin, but i've eaten enough real caps to see music coming out of my tv screen. not acid-like, but def WAY beyond smoking weed...:good:

hamstring

Veteran
it could be due to the purity & quantity. real shrooms gonna vary by species, size, etc. i've never taken synthesized psilocin, but i've eaten enough real caps to see music coming out of my tv screen. not acid-like, but def WAY beyond smoking weed...:good:
Just watched two episodes last night. Next one is on MDA.

To answer BT's question as I see it. The dose was supposedly large. They have blinders over their eyes and music playing so no outside noise. There is zero outside stimulation to interfere. I think this makes the trip more intense.

BudToaster

Veteran
The dose was supposedly large. They have blinders over their eyes and music playing so no outside noise. There is zero outside stimulation to interfere. I think this makes the trip more intense.
i agree the setting could enhance the subjective experience ... the large dose is on the order of a hero dose, i.e. 5g of actual dried shroom

Samedi

Is this show based on the Michael Pollen novel? If it is I would be very interested.

BudToaster

Veteran
been in a microdose shroom state of mind ... so, looking up what the codon sequence would be for an mRNA to synthesize psilocin in the cells and came across this tidbit:
Several genera of magic mushrooms contain psilocybin and psilocin including Inocybe, Conocybe, Panaeolus, Gymnopilus, and Pluteus.3 However, psilocin is not the only psilocybin derivative in magic mushrooms. Others include norpsilocin, baeocystin, norbaeocystin, and aeruginascin. The derivatives and amounts present vary in different parts of the mushroom. They also vary in between species and even within batches of the same species.

sounds like the entourage effect of THC and terpenes. perhaps the Hopkins studies are more like an LSD experience with just a single chemical activator.

Reactions: xet

chilliwilli

Waterboy
When i get some wild p.semilanceata they give me the draisine ride at the end. For me it always looks like a rollercoaster ride on a mine train through a big mine/cave before its over. I have talked with others and some had a similar experience.

From the synthetic fraction i have tested the 4 aco dmt. The optics and feeling are very close to the original. The aco gave everything the brilliant shine like little crosses made of light on reflecting surfaces what i don't get from shrooms. But no enhanced self awareness so the aco is not a teacher for me.

BudToaster

Veteran
i let the Burma continue to go over night and they doubled in size. harvested 15 this morning. took over 1/2 hour to trim and lay out in the air dry trays. good blue color so (it appears) not diluted by adding bulk. this strain is turning into a big producer - at least as much as the Nepal.

hamstring

Veteran
BT
Just wanted to thank you for your advice. I waded in the shroom experience again. Its been around 30yrs since I have done any hallucinogens . Your knowledge about the subject helped me overcome some of the anxiety I was having. I wanted to be in a good head space before taking them.

I took just 1.1 grams and steeped it in tea for 15 min. I was so surprised on how quickly I started to feel it. Within in 10 minutes of finishing the tea I stared to feel the affects. I waited a full 45 min before a 5 mile bike ride over to a friends house.

Hard to explain the experience but my best analogy is being drunk with out the sloppiness. Didn't have any visuals with such a small dose, but when I sat on my friends couch I felt like it was a air mattress and I was slowly sinking.
The effects wore off in around 2hrs and it was a nice clean break. Weird not to have the munchies afterward that accompanies a cannabis come down.

I guess the funniest thing that happened, and only people who have been married for a long time will emphasize with me, was my text to my wife . As mentioned earlier she had been giving me a hard time for not taking the shrooms. Calling me a big baby heehhehe. A woman who doesn't drink, smoke or imbibe any drugs at all.

I am over at my friends house and texted my wife the following:

Feed the dogs
I mean I fed dogs
WOW!
OMG!!!
Weird!

Her reply was simply ,"Thanks". Not are you ok or how you feeling just , "Thanks". I have been married for 22 years and she has seen so many good and bad drug experiences it doesn't faze or interest her anymore.

The next time I will probably go with 1.5 grams. I am one of these guys who likes to keep a least one foot firmly in reality. I have a tough time letting go of control. Thanks again.

BudToaster

Veteran
okay, so just dumped the Nepal tray. mycelium looked mostly spent and the black fliers were getting really annoying - i guess also indicated the mycelium wasn't abundant enough to keep them down. from 6/22 to 7/26 to yield >80g ... another shout out for Max Yield Bins - really easy to clean up the gear.

the Burma is still producing well. will probably surpass the Nepal. no infestation because all airholes are covered.

will likely wait for a break in the east coast heat before trying the last two syringes - Golden Teacher and B+.

Latest posts

Latest posts