What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MAC 1 (Caps Cut)

thailer

does cap actually have a cut called Capstone? i thought that was another breeder and it was just confusing? there's another strain called CAPSLOCK that i don't think has anything to do with cap genetics but people get it confused.

i could exclusively smoke just the mac1 cut for the rest of my life and be ok with that. it checks all the boxes for me.

Crazy Chester

Re: Capstone

Re: Capstone

does cap actually have a cut called Capstone? i thought that was another breeder and it was just confusing? there's another strain called CAPSLOCK that i don't think has anything to do with cap genetics but people get it confused.

i could exclusively smoke just the mac1 cut for the rest of my life and be ok with that. it checks all the boxes for me.

He does apparently have a cut named Capstone. Purple City Genetics states on its website that they are working with Capulator and offer his Capstone, Lemon SMAC and, for a brief time, apparently, MAC1.

I got both Capstone and the alleged MAC1 from Harborside who advertised them as being from Purple City Genetics.

Here's some cured bud shots of my Capstone and MAC:

Capstone:

picture.php

Terps really do smell strongly of stone fruit, as the name suggests. It yields compact and very dense buds. You need a grinder or scissors for this bud. Tastes sweet and sour. Nice pungent nose. Finishes in as little as 60 days. Nice mid strength sativa buzz that is happy, creative and long lasting. A bit of an indica comedown. Nice sativa/indica hybrid.

MAC:

picture.php

Potent, with medium strength rare doughy/orangey/citrus spritzy terps. Huge trichome production. 9-11 week finisher. Medium density buds and good yield.

Lower buds look like carbon copies of the top ones and have similar density, making you finally feel like you didn't make a mistake not trimming them off when she finished her stretch.

Slow veg. More normal speed of growth after she is flipped into flower and she loves being defoliated during flower.

Really easy to maintain as a mother plant when taking her out of the rotation for a few flowering cycles. If you get the light just right, she'll sit there in apparent suspended animation for months looking perfectly healthy and happy. It really saves room in the clone library.

Speaking of cloning, she roots fairly easily. I've also found her to be the best I've ever seen at dealing with the stress of transplanting - I've yet to note any visual signs of transplant stress at all. Remarkable pest resistance is a hall mark of this cut as well. I had her outside in DWC with no fungus gnat issues, even though she was right next to a Capstone that did catch gnats. I was also pulling caterpillars regularly off my Alien OG just around the corner from the MAC - but I never found one on the MAC.

I'm keeping this cut as long as I can.

thailer

Just acquired her buddy paid cap 2k for a bunch of cuts can't wait to get her going.

hahaha had a feeling that cap was charging for cuts. he made some sort of statement on IG a couple weeks ago about clone nurseries in cali aren't supposed to have mac1 for sale because he has the trademark and lawyer to remind you.

Crazy Chester

hahaha had a feeling that cap was charging for cuts. he made some sort of statement on IG a couple weeks ago about clone nurseries in cali aren't supposed to have mac1 for sale because he has the trademark and lawyer to remind you.

His lawyers must be asleep at the switch, with Dark Heart Nursery purporting to offer just that and it's been delivering it to dispensaries for the last 4 months.

Desert Dan

Veteran
I smoked samples of Mac 1 a few times and found it bland, boring smoke... It looks pretty though. I prefer herijuana for a similar experience.

GMO blew Mac1 out of the water in a side by side smoke sesh. I would think that if you like Mac 1 then you would love GMO.

-DD :tiphat:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I've heard so many mixed reviews on the Mac, I'm convinced one should obtain and run her before judging cause the photo's look bomb. Some reviews indicate it's bomb hard to knock a strain based on samples from unknown gardens!

I'll obtain and run her one day and until then won't judge her.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've heard so many mixed reviews on the Mac, I'm convinced one should obtain and run her before judging cause the photo's look bomb. Some reviews indicate it's bomb hard to knock a strain based on samples from unknown gardens!

Curious what you heard that was negative? Ill def say the rate of pace she grows in veg is like that of a sloth on xanex. However, once she flips she stretches a good 40-50% and fills in quite nicely. Yield is pretty great too once youve gotten her big enough. The smoke is pretty unreal to be honest. Its almost something completely its own. It smells and tastes so special because it grows on you. So complex, do i smell cookie likeness in there? Maybe some white cherry, musty mineral stuff too. Its wild. I was not in love at first, but im hooked now.

Desert Dan

Veteran

True True! My samples were definitely commercial product... Hard to know what’s what these days unless it’s coming from your own garden, and even then all you really know is whether you like it or not.

-DD

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So how amber is everyone taking Mac??? Mostly cloudy or more amber?

I go to 9 weeks ish most rounds w her so far. Took her past 10 weeks once and just found the product less exciting. More purple, but less potent and less flavorful from my DWC. Around 9 weeks nearly everything is cloudy w some amber just starting. I see some taking her to 11 weeks. I could never or id have a botrytis related mess on my hands. She gets swol and super dense for me. My 10 week round had some rot in the biggest tops.

thailer

Curious what you heard that was negative? Ill def say the rate of pace she grows in veg is like that of a sloth on xanex. However, once she flips she stretches a good 40-50% and fills in quite nicely. Yield is pretty great too once youve gotten her big enough. The smoke is pretty unreal to be honest. Its almost something completely its own. It smells and tastes so special because it grows on you. So complex, do i smell cookie likeness in there? Maybe some white cherry, musty mineral stuff too. Its wild. I was not in love at first, but im hooked now.

people call it Meh1 instead of Mac1 because i think they have a hard time growing her and its not smelly enough. :petting:

i take her 12 weeks myself. 11 if i am short on bud.

picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a theory >>> people that don’t like Mac number one >>> do not want to like it in the first place ...

thailer

i think it stems more from hating the maker of it than the cut itself. a couple years ago if you said anything bad about him you'd get 100 fanboys on your ass but now, lol you can say hateful stuff for a couple weeks and gain new followers. times are changing but you can't blame the plant.

Latest posts

Latest posts