What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MAC 1 (Caps Cut)

Storm Shadow

Veteran
The OGKB genetics make everything it blesses grow slow as fuck in Veg...but once you do veg them to right size....the reward is insane... huge yields of TOP TOP $helf

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The OGKB genetics make everything it blesses grow slow as fuck in Veg...but once you do veg them to right size....the reward is insane... huge yields of TOP TOP $helf

picture.php
picture.php

Crazy Chester

Outdoor DWC - MAC 1 - 75 days of flowering

Outdoor DWC - MAC 1 - 75 days of flowering

She's almost finished 11 weeks of flowering and is starting to show a few ambers. Her smell went from orange soda around week 9 to a more subtle doughy yeasty hint of citrus terp.

picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn looks like some of fiveleggedgoats shit right there...

One day she will be in my room, one day....

Damn star that is a beautiful plant!

Spectacular, star crash! How long did these flower for when you took the pics? Also, for you and anyone who has grown her to harvest, I'm wondering around what week/day do you start seeing her purple up?

Lol same here

She's almost finished 11 weeks of flowering and is starting to show a few ambers. Her smell went from orange soda around week 9 to a more subtle doughy yeasty hint of citrus terp.

View Image

No purping? What are temps like?
I got Mac outdoors finishing up going to check around today

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the last few weeks temps have ranged mostly from the high 50's to the high 60's.

At those temps especially you really outta be seeing a lot of color. Shes showing colors by week 6 around 75 degrees for me. At 11 weeks in those temps that girl outta be black by now. I suspect that aint her my friend, unless theres something i dont know. Structurally it actually looks just like her though. Super weird. Regardless it looks like some fire.

Crazy Chester

At those temps especially you really outta be seeing a lot of color. Shes showing colors by week 6 around 75 degrees for me. At 11 weeks in those temps that girl outta be black by now. I suspect that aint her my friend, unless theres something i dont know. Structurally it actually looks just like her though. Super weird. Regardless it looks like some fire.

It's fire for sure. It also shares the little cap at the top of the buds, leaf shape, serration shape/wideness, slightly down turned fan leafs, trichome coverage, relatively dark foliage, bud density, smell, flower time, etc. as what I'm seeing on yours and star crashes MAC1 - only difference is - no purple. I bet it smokes the same too. I know I've grown a clone in similar weather conditions that had radically different colors when grown in hydro v. soil and also when using different nutrients. I also note that, at least in star crash's photos, only the colas are purple - the buds lower than the main colas appear to still be green.

In any event, you could be right - there could be different cuts, albeit very closely related clones. But, for now, I'm still going to call it MAC1 until I can nail down whether there is more than one cut.

Does anyone have any pics from Capulator of MAC1 before he started giving it out?

This one is growing in DWC with GH nutes.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I run her in dwc and by the time i take her at week 9 there is purple in 90+ % of the total material. In veg does she seem to have thick leathery fans? Super slow veg? Ill look into original cap pics but all the stuff ive seen of his were pretty damn purple looking. Thats a head scratcher for sure. Maybe another MAC? A mutation? It really does look super similar. I admire the dwc setup btw :)

Crazy Chester

Super slow veg?

Yup - for sure! She has literally every characteristic of the one you and star crash run - except for the purple. I totally agree that it was certainly cold enough to purple. Oh, I just thought of another characteristic she has that I've seen in somebodies clone pics around here - she tends to grow a bulge in the stem as she roots right above the cube (if you use them). She's the only plant I've seen do that consistently.

Maybe another MAC?

If Capulator's cut purples towards the end it is hard to imagine this could be the same cut. The only thing I can think of that may have stopped the purple is my nutes. She only ever had 5 ml micro and 10 ml bloom starting res and top ups until the eighth week. She's gotten nothing but plain water in the three weeks since then.

It's strange how it all went down with this clone. I saw it on Harborside's website in early May. It had a Purple City Genetics label attached on the website - which is why I thought it was legit because they had a relationship with Capulator (I had bought Capstone, another Capulator clone from them the week before).

However, I only saw it for a couple weeks on the Harborside website back then before it disappeared.

A couple months later, Dark Heart nursery started advertising it had MAC1. Dark Heart is another vendor Harborside has worked with.

If it's not the same cut, I'd imagine Dark Heart could have selected it from Capulator's MAC seeds and called it MAC1.

But, that would be pretty shady and up until now my experience with each of those parties has been on the up and up.

I admire the dwc setup btw
smile.gif

Thanks! Talk about super simple plug and play...

Crazy Chester

In veg does she seem to have thick leathery fans?

I forgot you asked that - but, yes to that question too!

Also, I recall seeing in your pics and star crash's pics that the two leaflets on the fan leaves that are on either side of the middle one, if you look at their bottom edge it is not straight, they curve towards the center leaf, rather than going straight out from the petiole.

Oh, and then there's the red petioles. Lol - everything but purple!

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I forgot you asked that - but, yes to that question too!

Also, I recall seeing in your pics and star crash's pics that the two leaflets on the fan leaves that are on either side of the middle one, if you look at their bottom edge it is not straight, they curve towards the center leaf, rather than going straight out from the petiole.

Oh, and then there's the red petioles. Lol - everything but purple!
Thats odd for sure man it def seems like it or related. Dark hearts situation w caps cut seems shady imo. He never wanted it sold so it makes no sense. Dark heart has FUCKED me with their genetics. I got rid of it all right away, dud city genetics should be their name. They advertise that whole hop latent viroid test yet they spread it to everyone. I had it happen with like 7 diff cuts. As soon as i got rid of their shit, back to having no issues. Cut and dry case closed. I hope they fixed their problem for the sake of others. Purple city however ive only heard good things about. I want to try their dosi, gushers and gmo, ive had my eyes on those for a bit ive just be inundated with testers and some other fun stuff lately.

Crazy Chester

Thats odd for sure man it def seems like it or related. Dark hearts situation w caps cut seems shady imo. He never wanted it sold so it makes no sense.

Agreed, but I got MAC1 months before Dark Heart had announced having it. Harborside's website shows whose clone it is before you buy it. The MAC1 I bought through Harborside's website was noted as being from Purple City Genetics, not Dark Heart. I remember Harborside's website also showed it had another one from Purple City Genetics - Lemon SMAC - that I almost bought instead of the MAC1. Purple City Genetic's website no longer shows MAC1, but Dark Heart showed up having MAC1 a few months later.

Dark heart has FUCKED me with their genetics. I got rid of it all right away, dud city genetics should be their name. They advertise that whole hop latent viroid test yet they spread it to everyone. I had it happen with like 7 diff cuts. As soon as i got rid of their shit, back to having no issues. Cut and dry case closed. I hope they fixed their problem for the sake of others.

Holy shit! That's so horrible!

Man, now I'm glad I haven't gotten any of their genetics since Fire OG - which was fire - but, I got that one before they announced the viroid.

Purple city however ive only heard good things about.

Me too. That's why I went for the MAC1. I also have Capstone and Super Lemon Haze from Purple City Genetics that are finishing up right now. I can't wait to try their Capstone and Super Lemon Haze because their terps are off the chain right now!

Last edited: