What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MAC 1 (Caps Cut)

dramamine

I think there are other MAC cuts from seed going around. My cut looks very similar to what I see here, but there's maybe less frost on the sugar leaves. Smells dead-on and flowers look great, but doesn't translate to the taste as much as what I'm reading. Smokes great, but the actual flavor is lacking.

Crazy Chester

MAC1 (Cap's Cut) & MAC (PCG Cut) - What's the Difference?

MAC1 (Cap's Cut) & MAC (PCG Cut) - What's the Difference?

Hi everyone! I think I've figured out the difference between MAC and MAC1. I started a thread on MAC that I hope will be like this one for MAC1 in which I explain what I think is the difference between the two cuts. I invite anyone with information about the genesis of both to contribute over here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=9069053#post9069053

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think it stems more from hating the maker of it than the cut itself. a couple years ago if you said anything bad about him you'd get 100 fanboys on your ass but now, lol you can say hateful stuff for a couple weeks and gain new followers. times are changing but you can't blame the plant.

i'm on the Meh1 side of things.

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think there are other MAC cuts from seed going around. My cut looks very similar to what I see here, but there's maybe less frost on the sugar leaves. Smells dead-on and flowers look great, but doesn't translate to the taste as much as what I'm reading. Smokes great, but the actual flavor is lacking.

For who want "le dank" but can't afford American price I advice to see the work of "Ripper seeds"
Straight fire!!! :good:

Hi everyone! I think I've figured out the difference between MAC and MAC1. I started a thread on MAC that I hope will be like this one for MAC1 in which I explain what I think is the difference between the two cuts. I invite anyone with information about the genesis of both to contribute over here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=9069053#post9069053

I don’t venture outside of ICMAG and never really have, and I don’t know that much about politics behind cuts

thailer

back in october, Cap announced on instagram that he was about to be on METRC, which is the tracking system for plants sold in the legal market for those who don't know. So when you get on METRC, there's a legal way to enter your genetic/plants you're growing into the system but there's ways around it, so you can change the name or bring plants into your garden. Cap said once he was in the system, he was gonna check and see if anyone was selling clones of mac1 where he would have his lawyer send a cease and desist letter.

So there ended up being a few nurserys in cali that were selling his clones and i think Dark heart was mentioned along with some others, so maybe harborside was selling mac1 or what they thought was mac1 but when cap made his announcement, they changed the name. Cap doesn't have ownership of the plant and who can sell it but he owns the name MAC1. So even if you have mac1 in the legal market, it can't be sold as that. it has to be renamed.

i dunno if your mac1 clone from harborside is legit. you could ask cap by posting and tagging him on a IG post because he doesn't really respond to DMs like he does to the posts. he may let you send a pic for confirmation and look in his message requests at that point.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
really wasn’t all that for myself........typical fire for 30 minutes.....then.....

take me a long legged sativa any day......

ganj on.....

Crazy Chester

back in october, Cap announced on instagram that he was about to be on METRC, which is the tracking system for plants sold in the legal market for those who don't know. So when you get on METRC, there's a legal way to enter your genetic/plants you're growing into the system but there's ways around it, so you can change the name or bring plants into your garden. Cap said once he was in the system, he was gonna check and see if anyone was selling clones of mac1 where he would have his lawyer send a cease and desist letter.

That's part of the reason why I think what I got is MAC - not MAC1.

It's also may be part of the reason no one at Harborside or Purple City Genetics seems to want to cop to having offered what was labeled "MAC1" in late April to early May of 2020. Harborside also carried clones from Dark Heart Nursery at that time.

However, Dark Heart did not announce that MAC1 was available from them until months later. Even now, months after Dark Heart's announcement of MAC1 being available, there's still no photo on its website of it.

That timing opens the possibility that Harborside had mislabeled the vendor of what they called "MAC1" in its online ordering system, that it was actually one of only a few clones Dark Heart had left over from its first run of clones to produce the mothers for a proper production run of clones to be later distributed to dispensaries. I only saw "MAC1" available on Harborside's website during a couple week period from late April, 2020 through early May, 2020. That would also explain why - if my clone was mislabeled as being from PCG and really came from Dark Heart - it was not inoculated with hop viroid by them. It makes sense that they needed healthy mothers to produce enough clones for the public that they could then innoculate with hop viroid later (some here have made accusations of them doing exactly that, that I find credible). So, maybe I got an extra clone leftover from the run to produce the production mothers. If that's what happened, the lack of purpling shows Dark Heart is passing off "MAC" as "MAC1" - despite Cap's warning to nurseries that he will enforce the intellectual property rights he owns in that name.

I'm not complaining though, because I got a healthy "MAC" clone and I love it! Not only that, but it may actually turn out to be a hell of a breeder if she doesn't carry whatever gene MAC1 has that makes her purportedly a poor breeder.

I'm also not complaining because I love a good mystery!

If you haven't yet had enough - here's more "MAC" and "MAC1" mystery below:

There's this January 4, 2019, IG post by Capulator:

"MAC
Miracle Alien Cookies

Alien Cookies F2 bred by @jaws_genetics
x

Miracle 15 (Colombian x Starfighter) made by me.
Made by me. This year I am digging in to more Miracle crosses for everyone who loves Jack and Lemon terps. ?

Plus a Freezer Burn x Lemon Fire F3 that will knock socks off.
Maybe I'm gonna release another clone or 2 also, no strings attached this time. #capscut
Happy New Year! ???"

The IG post is interesting for several reasons. First, he states "MAC" has as a mother Alien Cookies F2 - but, on "z-labs" forum he describes the mother of MAC as "Alien Cookies F1 #7.

He also states on the same forum that the mother of MAC1 is "Alien Cookies F2". No one ever discussed who the father of that alleged F2 was. But Capulator posted a photo of her knocked up and seemed surprised that one of the resulting seeds turned out to be a male.

I think the father of the F2 (or trick of reversal in an S1 if the "F2" is really a plant from a selfed seed) is what added purple - the tell tale sign of MAC1, as opposed to MAC.

I recently ran two selfed seeds from an Alien OG mother, and although they made female plants substantially similar in most respects to their mother, they had radically different coloring from each-other (one had the bright fall leaf colored foliage of the LVPK clone just like the mother had, but the other one was light greenish like the "Alien Technology" clone.) - thus, the selfed seed from the mother of MAC being the mother of MAC1 theory I'm throwing out there - because of a statement Capulator made about the seed batch the mother of MAC1 came from and my experience with an S1 of a related clone (Alien OG).

So, part of the reason for people calling their MAC MAC1 is Capulator himself not being clear about what is what. I don't think he, Jaws or anyone else has explained who the father was of "Alien Cookies F2", which seems most often to be noted as the mother of MAC1.

Also, the cuts he talks of making available in that 1/4/19 post sounds like Super Lemon SMAC - a clone that was available around four months later from Purple City Genetics via Harborside that I decided not to buy in favor of "MAC1" - which also at the time was purported by Harborside to be from Purple City Genetics (Super Lemon SMAC is still on the PCG website).

So there ended up being a few nurserys in cali that were selling his clones and i think Dark heart was mentioned along with some others, so maybe harborside was selling mac1 or what they thought was mac1 but when cap made his announcement, they changed the name.

I haven't found that IG post yet - it would be interesting to see what date it was. If it specifically mentioned Dark Heart, it would since the summer of 2020, because Dark Heart didn't announce MAC1 until then. Was it in the same October, 2020 IG message you referenced? I'm not sure about the other nurseries, but, Dark Heart has consistently labeled it "MAC1" on its website - up until today. It also mentions "purple tints" in its description, which actually does describe a trait that MAC1 has, but MAC does not. Still no photos or reviews on Dark Heart's website for that one.

Cap doesn't have ownership of the plant and who can sell it but he owns the name MAC1. So even if you have mac1 in the legal market, it can't be sold as that. it has to be renamed

Dark Heart's website today shows the last clone drop of MAC1 they did was at Lytt on 11/16/20.

i dunno if your mac1 clone from harborside is legit.

I'm sure you are right. But, I do think it is a legit MAC clone, which I believe came from Cap or Jaws and I'm leaning towards it being the father (via sex reversal) of Super Lemon SMAC (Super Lemon Dawg x MAC).

you could ask cap by posting and tagging him on a IG post because he doesn't really respond to DMs like he does to the posts. he may let you send a pic for confirmation and look in his message requests at that point.

I know I could - but I hate social media and it's my policy to be connected to as few of them as possible. I don't even maintain a facebook page. I figure someone will stumble in and offer a simple explanation to some of the mysteries at some point. I'm kind of surprised no one has tagged a specific nursery to the label spike in the pic I posted from the day I bought the clone - it's distinctive and I had not seen one like that before or since.

In any event, what fun would a simple explanation be? It would take all the mystery out of it!

Last edited:

thailer

asked him today what the difference was between freezerburn which is supposed to be mac1(super lemon dawg x miracle) and this Dino Food he just posted which is Mac1(super lemon dawg x miracle 15) because AFAIK there is only one male miracle he used and it was M15. i have gotten zero response back. i just find it hard to believe that he had two males from this small pack of miracle which he used to pollinate this super lemon dawg and then he used both of those crosses to pollinate mac1 and both also were one of his favorites??

pretty sure i'll get zero response and if i did, it wouldn't be cordial. honestly not surprised about what you posted either as it is beyond hard to figure out all his genetics and i have seen the seeds i got Lemon Shiv being told by cap himself a couple different variations so i don't think he knows himself or keeps track.

thailer

there was a post of another breeder wrote saying they felt it wasn't colombian at all in the mac genes and it was a highland thai. wrote a big ol paragraph on his reasons and i am like 95% sure cap posted back he had similar suscpicions but didn't really elaborate but i am 100% positive he repped his post.

JAWS

ALIEN COOKIES {F-1}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}

the lineage of those above in order

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES {FOURM CUT} * ALIENDAWG {F-4 ETHER/WITCH HAZEL}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT/#5} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1/#1-8-GSC LEANERS}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT/#7} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1/#1-8-GSC LEANERS}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT/#9} * ALIEN COOKIES [F1/#1-8-GSC LEANERS}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT #2} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1/#1-8-GSC LEANERS}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT/#4} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1/#1-8-GSC LEANERS}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT/#5} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1#6-ALIENDAWG {F-4} LEANER}

ALIEN COOKIES {F1} {CUTS 2-7-9} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1} {F1#6-ALIENDAWG {F-4} LEANER}

the mac was made with piece #3 in the above list's.

the ALIEN COOKIES #7 was made by the f1 #7 female which was very cookie but bigger buds then GSC originally. the father of the #7 was a full on cookie male from two donors ALIEN COOKIES F1 #1 & ALIEN COOKIES F1 #8.

the alien cookies f1 #9 was the most closest phenol to the ORIGINAL mother GSC, and hitting the #9 female with the #'s 1 & 8 just put more cookies into the #9 f2.

peace ..

Crazy Chester

ALIEN COOKIES {F-1}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}
ALIEN COOKIES {F-2}

the lineage of those above in order

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES {FOURM CUT} * ALIENDAWG {F-4 ETHER/WITCH HAZEL}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT/#5} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1/#1-8-GSC LEANERS}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT/#7} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1/#1-8-GSC LEANERS}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT/#9} * ALIEN COOKIES [F1/#1-8-GSC LEANERS}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT #2} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1/#1-8-GSC LEANERS}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT/#4} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1/#1-8-GSC LEANERS}

ALIEN COOKIES {CUT/#5} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1#6-ALIENDAWG {F-4} LEANER}

ALIEN COOKIES {F1} {CUTS 2-7-9} * ALIEN COOKIES {F1} {F1#6-ALIENDAWG {F-4} LEANER}

the mac was made with piece #3 in the above list's.

the ALIEN COOKIES #7 was made by the f1 #7 female which was very cookie but bigger buds then GSC originally. the father of the #7 was a full on cookie male from two donors ALIEN COOKIES F1 #1 & ALIEN COOKIES F1 #8.

the alien cookies f1 #9 was the most closest phenol to the ORIGINAL mother GSC, and hitting the #9 female with the #'s 1 & 8 just put more cookies into the #9 f2.

peace ..

Right on - THE Jaws - somebody who knows what's up.

Am I right that you are showing that there is only one Alien Cookies F1?

Also, each of the F2s were made with that particular F1 as the mom?

Then I'm lost when it comes to the male who sired the F2s - it looks like #1-#8 of the "GSC leaners"?

Does that mean that the father of the F2s were eight different GSC cuts?

Thanks for the info, Jaws!

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

asked him today what the difference was between freezerburn which is supposed to be mac1(super lemon dawg x miracle) and this Dino Food he just posted which is Mac1(super lemon dawg x miracle 15) because AFAIK there is only one male miracle he used and it was M15. i have gotten zero response back. i just find it hard to believe that he had two males from this small pack of miracle which he used to pollinate this super lemon dawg and then he used both of those crosses to pollinate mac1 and both also were one of his favorites??

pretty sure i'll get zero response and if i did, it wouldn't be cordial. honestly not surprised about what you posted either as it is beyond hard to figure out all his genetics and i have seen the seeds i got Lemon Shiv being told by cap himself a couple different variations so i don't think he knows himself or keeps track.

Maybe he will; maybe he won't. Luckily, we got Jaws chiming in!

Thanks for reaching out to him; I appreciate that.

Last edited:

JAWS

Chester

thanks for the interest.

Am I right that you are showing that there is only one Alien Cookies F1?

YES

Also, each of the F2s were made with that particular F1 as the mom?

YES

Then I'm lost when it comes to the male who sired the F2s - it looks like #1-#8 of the "GSC leaners"?

ok so there were 5 phenol females which got dropped down to 4, reason being that the #2 & #5 were so much alike i just dropped the #2 and went with the tag of #5.

there were 3 males #1 & #8 were both cookie phenol while the #6 was the aliendawg phenol.

so two males were used to make ALL the f2's and most were hit with the #1 & #2 which were both cookies so there counted as one here with me.

the #7 cookie phenol was hit with the #'s 1 & 8 cookie males !

the number 5 aliendawg leaner stand alone was the only one hit with the #6 aliendawg leaning male. i do not think i gave any of those out i may have it was a long time ago.

the last one on the list was the odd man out and i'm pretty sure i kept all of those, the 2-7-9 f1 females were hit with the aliendawg phenol male which was the #6..

females

2-5 were both aliendawg leaning phenols

4-7-9 were all cookies phenols

#4 was a great mix of the two with killer cookies but with bigger buds then the original GSC piece. this one is also the only one i no longer have any seeds of not even personal stock.

#7 was/is my favorite it has great cookie smells and bigger buds then the orig but not as big as the buds from the #4.

#9 this one is the closest one to the original mother, this one is cookies with the lanky lat's and smaller but very compact sticky buds.

i think that's a pretty clear picture of what my alien cookies is all about. to this point i still have a handful of f1 alien cookies and i do believe i will be attempting to make some ALIEN COOKIES FEM in the near future, going to work on some alien cookies f4 for release in the next seed pop in a few days. after that i may drop some of the f1 and try to make some fems.

peace ..

thailer

Maybe he will; maybe he won't. Luckily, we got Jaws chiming in!

Thanks for reaching out to him; I appreciate that.

well he responded to everyone else calling him out on his mistake about putting down the genetics for freezerburn mac1(super lemon dawg x m15) as this Dino Food he was posting about which he corrected to mac1(super lemon dawg x starfighter).

people are posting what they've done with mac1 and the progeny that came from it did indeed produce mutants and unworthy plants for breeding/growing but they all said they found a sweet keeper cut. sounds like it would be easy to cull off any mutants right away so your focus would be on the few that grew normally. probably the next mac1 clone only in these crosses. we can call it the mac100 :dance:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Crazy Chester

Crooked8 - I think you asked me for indoor pics - here's the pre-harvest pics from my first indoor run:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I guess indoor is the trick for those hints of purple - weird that it didn't happen with the outdoor harvest.

Now she looks like yours!

Last edited: