What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MAC 1 (Caps Cut)

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i don't think cap can do anything even if they are selling mac1 as long as they don't call it mac 1.

its like when Original Glue (literally didn't type this and edited to go back to saying g o r i l l a which just goes to prove my point... icmag won't even let you type the word out) and girls scout cookies had to change the name. darkheart just can't call it mac1. then its fine because all he paid for was the word "mac1".

Theyre calling it Mac1 specifically so. Yeah.
Boo

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php
:bump:

thailer

i guess i am confused on if they're calling it mac1 currently or if they stopped calling it that and renamed it like harborside did.

That's part of the reason why I think what I got is MAC - not MAC1.

It's also may be part of the reason no one at Harborside or Purple City Genetics seems to want to cop to having offered what was labeled "MAC1" in late April to early May of 2020. Harborside also carried clones from Dark Heart Nursery at that time.

However, Dark Heart did not announce that MAC1 was available from them until months later. Even now, months after Dark Heart's announcement of MAC1 being available, there's still no photo on its website of it.

That timing opens the possibility that Harborside had mislabeled the vendor of what they called "MAC1" in its online ordering system, that it was actually one of only a few clones Dark Heart had left over from its first run of clones to produce the mothers for a proper production run of clones to be later distributed to dispensaries. I only saw "MAC1" available on Harborside's website during a couple week period from late April, 2020 through early May, 2020. That would also explain why - if my clone was mislabeled as being from PCG and really came from Dark Heart - it was not inoculated with hop viroid by them. It makes sense that they needed healthy mothers to produce enough clones for the public that they could then innoculate with hop viroid later (some here have made accusations of them doing exactly that, that I find credible). So, maybe I got an extra clone leftover from the run to produce the production mothers. If that's what happened, the lack of purpling shows Dark Heart is passing off "MAC" as "MAC1" - despite Cap's warning to nurseries that he will enforce the intellectual property rights he owns in that name.

I'm not complaining though, because I got a healthy "MAC" clone and I love it! Not only that, but it may actually turn out to be a hell of a breeder if she doesn't carry whatever gene MAC1 has that makes her purportedly a poor breeder.

I'm also not complaining because I love a good mystery!

Also, the cuts he talks of making available in that 1/4/19 post sounds like Super Lemon SMAC - a clone that was available around four months later from Purple City Genetics via Harborside that I decided not to buy in favor of "MAC1" - which also at the time was purported by Harborside to be from Purple City Genetics (Super Lemon SMAC is still on the PCG website).

I haven't found that IG post yet - it would be interesting to see what date it was. If it specifically mentioned Dark Heart, it would since the summer of 2020, because Dark Heart didn't announce MAC1 until then. Was it in the same October, 2020 IG message you referenced? I'm not sure about the other nurseries, but, Dark Heart has consistently labeled it "MAC1" on its website - up until today. It also mentions "purple tints" in its description, which actually does describe a trait that MAC1 has, but MAC does not. Still no photos or reviews on Dark Heart's website for that one.

Dark Heart's website today shows the last clone drop of MAC1 they did was at Lytt on 11/16/20.

I'm sure you are right. But, I do think it is a legit MAC clone, which I believe came from Cap or Jaws and I'm leaning towards it being the father (via sex reversal) of Super Lemon SMAC (Super Lemon Dawg x MAC).

Crazy Chester

i guess i am confused on if they're calling it mac1 currently or if they stopped calling it that and renamed it like harborside did.
I meant that, before I wrote the post, I had checked Dark Heart's website and MAC1 was listed. Same as what is on their website today. Here's a pick of the clone as it looked after I brought it home from Harborside - see the orange spike with the label on it? Whoever produced the clone would immediately recognize the label - no one else seems to have any idea who produced the clone.

picture.php

thailer

i don't think cap is gonna do anything because when he says he is gonna sue people and makes these announcements, it backfires on him greatly. he gets a ton of heat from everyone and basically is told, you released it to the streets and its a product thereof. he is literally the only one trying to control his cut using public shaming. a smart person would share it with a barely anyone and only those who they're loyal with.

like lets use The One for example: coot and a couple people had the cut and showed it off and talked it up so hype was real. finally i got the cut after coot drove it to whidbey island to someones place who was supposed to give it out for free. thats why coot gave him a huge mom. so the dude goes right around and charges $500 a cut. secured myself a cut get it home and grow out this coveted plant.

HAHAHAHAHA

i mean its a nice plant but it has problems rooting clones, slow grower, long bloomer, looks frosty as fuck in the beginning of bloom but halfway through has anyone noticed you don't see many pics?? well that is because it is lack luster. all hype pine and some hash terps.

but for YEARS people wanted this cut, sweet talked coot and said regretable compliments all to get what? well if he had given it out, i really think many would have something to say about it. i tried to sell it to custies and when given option, not a single person chose it to smoke. culled it.

Crazy Chester

i don't think cap is gonna do anything because when he says he is gonna sue people and makes these announcements, it backfires on him greatly. he gets a ton of heat from everyone and basically is told, you released it to the streets and its a product thereof. he is literally the only one trying to control his cut using public shaming. a smart person would share it with a barely anyone and only those who they're loyal with.
I agree, but apparently one's loyalty lessens in proportion to the size of one's bills. To the extent that has happened, he's got to let that go. The proper way to do things is to have an express written purchase and sale agreement with who you give it to stating the clone cannot be commercially re-produced and that the "seller" retains an interest in the clone, that survives all subsequent transfers, to the extent that the seller will issue a cease and desist to anyone with the clone who sells it enforceable by court injunction, if needed.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I agree, but apparently one's loyalty lessens in proportion to the size of one's bills. To the extent that has happened, he's got to let that go. The proper way to do things is to have an express written purchase and sale agreement with who you give it to stating the clone cannot be commercially re-produced and that the "seller" retains an interest in the clone, that survives all subsequent transfers, to the extent that the seller will issue a cease and desist to anyone with the clone who sells it enforceable by court injunction, if needed.

People will still weasel.

thailer

man has it really come to that now? takes all the fun and romance out of it all
:peek:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I've got a bunch of MAC1 buds I may take a photo of. I find the smoke and smell is lemon and sour diesel. Buds are rock hard.

Crazy Chester

man has it really come to that now? takes all the fun and romance out of it all
:peek:
I know exactly what you mean. But, yes - with "legalization", the lawyers and intellectual and personal property law have come into the picture.

For example, when I was looking for a CBG strain, I couldn't find any for months in which the purchase agreement didn't prohibit reproduction of the seeds. I finally found one - if anyone is in the same boat as me - Real Seed Company is still just selling the seeds with no conditions attached. However, by the nearly $20 per seed price - it is clear that the fact no one else is selling CBG seeds unconditionally has led to the high price.

I think the way to counter it is to prohibit any purchaser of one's seeds to apply for any intellectual property protection and to attach that condition to ever subsequent purchase - i.e., a kind of open source licensing agreement. 7 East Genetics does something like this. They also put every strain they release into a genetic registry and ask that anyone who produces seeds using their seeds to send some in to them so the new plant can go into the registry.

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I've got a bunch of MAC1 buds I may take a photo of. I find the smoke and smell is lemon and sour diesel. Buds are rock hard.

Here's the MAC1 I get from Sira Naturals in Davis Sq. (Boston)View Image

#WeDontMacTheSame , I think... that looks real nice though...

I've never seen it come out so green and it don't smell like lemon and D to me. It's terpinoline flavor like cookies mixed with TW, Jack, or SSH kinda terps.

buds are purple and a real pretty color on the inside.

some of the flowers from caps seeds smell like lemon and are real frosty but I think the give away is that the dispensary doesn't have their Mac1 listed with their most expensive 1/8ths, lol.

what's the quality of the $60 1/8ths like from that shop compared to the $50 dollar?? they have lots of dank clones on their menu if they are real.

I would want to shop there if the product is legit and has a nose, do they let you smell the jar before you buy there?

#WeDontTrimTheSameEither :biggrin:
picture.php

this is the inside color, Wedding cake is similar and more purple than the mac1 clone.
picture.php

it's my favorite cookie so far and super grateful to the members and Cap who spread her!
picture.php

looks like I better smoke this molested flower, yum-yum. been driving to Mass on the regular to get my indo Mac and it's worth the hours behind the wheel...
picture.php

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
That's some nice looking flower chunkypigs! Looks really good! Cool to hear you come out this way! We got hit with snow last night.
It's only 10:30 here, going to smoke in a bit
:trampoline:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
what's the quality of the $60 1/8ths like from that shop compared to the $50 dollar?? they have lots of dank clones on their menu if they are real.

I would want to shop there if the product is legit and has a nose, do they let you smell the jar before you buy there?
the $60 an 1/8th "limited reserve" at Sira Naturals is limited to a quarter ounce per purchase. I usually get the $50 "top shelf" flower. Though this MAC1 is actually from the $55 an 1/8th "premium" line. I have some G13hashplant that was "top shelf." Their best product, for me, is their GG4...it's very sour. You can buy ounces of "top shelf." They let you look at the different buds and smell the jar and stuff if you have an appointment instead of ordering for pickup. A lot of people do it. The "top shelf" ounces come out to $335. I have discounts and coupons and never spend more than $200 on an ounce. I'm out of $50 off coupons after this next visit though. Stay cool man! :yay:

Latest posts

Latest posts