What's new

Coastal Blueberry

Tynehead Tom

Gonna grow some Coastal Blueberry this summer and I'm expecting connoisseur quality blueberry terps and aromas from these beans. Some are even saying it's the best blueberry they have ever grown...... let's find out shall we ?
feel free to share your own pics of this line if you are growing them too.
Yesterday evening I scuffed 20 seeds in my seed scuffer and into wet paper towels.
This afternoon I checked on the seeds and was really happy to see 16 of the 20 seeds already had emerging root tips so I potted them all up into starter pots and the adventure begins. I'll probably do fairly regular updates as these grow and they will stay indoors until June 10th as I am at 52N, 3000ft elevation i western canuckistan and it's snowing outside right now as I type this LOL
here is proof of life :)

2024-04-28 CBB-1 - Copy.jpg

2024-04-28 CBB-2 - Copy.jpg

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gonna grow some Coastal Blueberry this summer and I'm expecting connoisseur quality blueberry terps and aromas from these beans. Some are even saying it's the best blueberry they have ever grown...... let's find out shall we ?
feel free to share your own pics of this line if you are growing them too.
Yesterday evening I scuffed 20 seeds in my seed scuffer and into wet paper towels.
This afternoon I checked on the seeds and was really happy to see 16 of the 20 seeds already had emerging root tips so I potted them all up into starter pots and the adventure begins. I'll probably do fairly regular updates as these grow and they will stay indoors until June 10th as I am at 52N, 3000ft elevation i western canuckistan and it's snowing outside right now as I type this LOL
here is proof of life :)

View attachment 18995015
View attachment 18995021
Best of luck Tynehead Tom :good::lurk:

Tynehead Tom

Best of luck this season @Tynehead Tom . I think I have some of those in the stash. Have you grown them before?
I have not flowered out this latest Fgen myself yet , it was released last year though. Quite a few grows on overgrow from others . Some of the Canadian growers killed it last summer and are still posting high praises..... like best blueberry they have every grown.

Tynehead Tom

well, 18 of 20 Coastal Blueberry beans are up and happy. 2 didn't sprout with the others but I've left them under the light and kept watering lightly. I see life in one of them today so that's 19 ;)
I see some of them are frosty little sprouts too which is nice to see. Some variation in the initial leaf shapes as well. In the pic , the bottom row is Coastal Blueberry, next 2 rows are Freisland IBL(2017) and the rest of the rows are Coastal Blueberry. In that bottom row, 2nd from the left , it's hard to see but that one came up as a twin.
2024-05-05 CBB & Friesland - Copy.jpg