What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouzo180

@Joedudeguy

Not sure how they get away with it for sure, but if you were to do a wet trim it might be easier to keep "fuzzies" away. I could see some issues coming from hanging a whole plant in an improperly/poorly ventilated drying room, so wet trimmed might be better if you have moist conditions. Either way I wouldn't jar before stem snap personally.

I usually run into the opposite issue of people rushing the dry/cure and turning their crop to sawdust flavored crap. What's the point of spending months preparing for something if your just going to rush and ruin it at the end? I guess some mostly care about quick turnover and little about quality or their reputation...

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
I usually run into the opposite issue of people rushing the dry/cure and turning their crop to sawdust flavored crap. What's the point of spending months preparing for something if your just going to rush and ruin it at the end? I guess some mostly care about quick turnover and little about quality or their reputation...
^^^word

Ouzo180

Sean

The 'game changer' for me has been the increased quality from simple sprouted teas. The increase in flavor, aroma and especially the effect is more than I expected to see.

I figured it out - at $.50 per lb. for organic barley seeds and using 2 oz. to make enough base for 8 gallons of tea, that works out to be less than 1 penny per gallon of applied mix.

CC

Can't beat that price! Can't wait to try this still, very interested to see what it will do to my GuavaChem girls! At what point in flower if any would you stop using sprouted teas? My girls are about 5 weeks in now, too late on this run or prime time?

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Ouzo

I quit attending the Church of Reduced Input several years ago. Plants 'call up' elements as needed in a living soil.

The majority of other growers feel that this is incorrect and it may be.

CC

H

Heliopolis

What's the thought process on deciding what kinds of seeds to use for sprouting teas? Is it purely about cost and availability, or are there particular biological aspects that are important to consider?

Y

YosemiteSam

Ouzo

I quit attending the Church of Reduced Input several years ago. Plants 'call up' elements as needed in a living soil.

CC

This is the eye opener for me. You have to have everything the plant needs or it cannot possibly reach its potential. What makes the difference is providing plenty of cec sites and living biology to sequester this stuff until the plant wants it vs trying to jam obviously unbalanced ratios down its throat with hydro.

I almost look at it like a hierarchy for plants...1) survive, 2) reproduce and only when those are taken care of fill itself with a vast array of wonderful terpines and shit that fucks with my head in a wonderful way. If you are starving the plant that just does not happen on the same level...it just doesn't

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
What's the thought process on deciding what kinds of seeds to use for sprouting teas? Is it purely about cost and availability, or are there particular biological aspects that are important to consider?
Heliopolis

Every seed in the world of plants produce massive levels of enzymes at the point of germination. These are in addition to the ones that developed when the seed was maturing in the flowers.

I have mainly used grass seeds - barley, wheat, rye, kamut, spelt, etc. and have had good results. However a good friend down south uses legumes from his garden - fava beans specifically. I consider him to be a master gardener and take his comments seriously.

Oh yeah - definitely use alfalfa for the first 3 weeks in the flower cycle. That would be the only seed that I use for a specific goal, i.e. reduced internode spacing.

HTH

CC

Ouzo180

Ouzo

CC

Point taken ;)... I'm kind of using that bottled nute mentallity still I guess, it takes a while to break oneself of such things...

Ouzo180

This is the eye opener for me. You have to have everything the plant needs or it cannot possibly reach its potential. What makes the difference is providing plenty of cec sites and living biology to sequester this stuff until the plant wants it vs trying to jam obviously unbalanced ratios down its throat with hydro.

I almost look at it like a hierarchy for plants...1) survive, 2) reproduce and only when those are taken care of fill itself with a vast array of wonderful terpines and shit that fucks with my head in a wonderful way. If you are starving the plant that just does not happen on the same level...it just doesn't

Very well said YS

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Currently my 5 gallon no-tills are fine without any additional inputs other than these barley sprout teas and a compost topdress. These plants are doing fine w/very little at all.

Coot,the observation you made a few weeks ago on TO concerning double leaf size or something to that nature. I suddenly have a BO doing the same thing.

I'm using what I feel is a small percentage of the sprout tea at every watering. Talking 5 gallons of juice to 55 gallons water every 3 to 4 days.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Ouzo

One important thing to consider about these seed teas - the numbers that I've looked at on barley in particular on the "NPK" deal would make 99% of cannabis growers laugh, i.e. it's pitiful.

It's all about enzymes, PGRs, amino acids, i.e. the development of a seedling for the first few weeks has absolutely nothing to do with elements - enzymes (catalysts) drive this engine.

Try explaining that to the Cal-Mag, Flushing and pH crowd - best wishes!!!

LOL

CC

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Currently my 5 gallon no-tills are fine without any additional inputs other than these barley sprout teas and a compost topdress. These plants are doing fine w/very little at all.

Coot,the observation you made a few weeks ago on TO concerning double leaf size or something to that nature. I suddenly have a BO doing the same thing.

I'm using what I feel is a small percentage of the sprout tea at every watering. Talking 5 gallons of juice to 55 gallons water every 3 to 4 days.
Interesting result isn't it? I'm still wondering where this is coming from.

CC

B

BlueJayWay

Oh yeah - definitely use alfalfa for the first 3 weeks in the flower cycle. That would be the only seed that I use for a specific goal, i.e. reduced internode spacing.

Now that explains this cluster of plants that are nice and tight - as far as internode spacing is concerned!

I was thinking along the same lines that was brought up - in regards to when and how long to apply, I have a group that will be finished in two to three weeks tops, the only growth left is basically swelling of the calyxes etc, tossing around in my head if it's worth it, or not, to apply one more sprouted tea to the soil....

Like this Gas? I have lots of huge fucking leaves now ----

H

Heliopolis

Heliopolis

Every seed in the world of plants produce massive levels of enzymes at the point of germination. These are in addition to the ones that developed when the seed was maturing in the flowers.

I have mainly used grass seeds - barley, wheat, rye, kamut, spelt, etc. and have had good results. However a good friend down south uses legumes from his garden - fava beans specifically. I consider him to be a master gardener and take his comments seriously.

HTH

CC

Very cool! Thanks for the information. I look forward to getting in on this action. I really wish I had found this thread before I started. I'm making my way through with what I have due to the investment I put into it, but I am eager to transition to the ideals sought in this thread. It's easy to get pulled into all these crazy "systems" people come up with, especially when you have little experience or knowledge (like myself), but when it comes down to it, the system is already there in the soil. You're just there to give it some encouragement.

Gascanastan

Veteran
Interesting result isn't it? I'm still wondering where this is coming from.

CC
Probably the most interesting and pleasing development in my garden since incorporating actual living soil.

Pretty cool stuff,it doesn't come to the rescue like EWC when you wreck something. You know how a EWC topdress will save a plant overnight if it's in a peat mix w/out enough humic material.

This is different,from what I'm seeing. It's like a faster metabolism,faster tissue growth and more of it.

Healthy plant material....producing stronger,thicker,tissue...not like magic,but a bit faster leaf,stem and apical meristem growth for sure eh...

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
BlueJayWay

I took another look at the photo you posted - you've got some major f*cking problems in that plant and probably others.

Purple stripes on the stalk! Immediate action is called for - probably a pH issue or something really terrible.

Let me know how things work out for you, mkay? I'm concerned or something close.

LOL

CC

Gascanastan

Veteran
Yeah bro....better pull it. I think yer fucked now...sorry man. Maybe you could load up some phos in a rig,you know some really plant soluble stuff like in flare guns,and just shoot it right in the leaf vien.....take that you son-of-a-*%$#.

Ouzo180

Another good point CC as usual.

After many years of arguing with people over things that I could never get them to change their minds about I realized the futility of it. Those who question "truth" will always do so...thats science. Those who only follow others/the majority will always do so, that is faith. I find that some of these people only have a certain level of thinking and platau somewhere near middleschool. Any word more than 3 syllables seems to bring the "deer in the headlights" look, and if they don't understand it they don't believe in it. Not enough people ask why anymore:

'Uncle Bill always flushed his weed with milk and horsepiss," so thats what they continue to do also just like Uncle Bill, and never stop to think "why would/should this work?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts