What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlueJayWay

BlueJayWay

I took another look at the photo you posted - you've got some major f*cking problems in that plant and probably others.

Purple stripes on the stalk! Immediate action is called for - probably a pH issue or something really terrible.

Let me know how things work out for you, mkay? I'm concerned or something close.

LOL

CC

So the rest of these have the same problem? sheeeeit!

Commencing flush - 200 gallons PH'd RO water per 5gal container, that oughta turn the stems back green and get all the nasties out. :D

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Another good point CC as usual.

After many years of arguing with people over things that I could never get them to change their minds about I realized the futility of it. Those who question "truth" will always do so...thats science. Those who only follow others/the majority will always do so, that is faith. I find that some of these people only have a certain level of thinking and platau somewhere near middleschool. Any word more than 3 syllables seems to bring the "deer in the headlights" look, and if they don't understand it they don't believe in it. Not enough people ask why anymore:

'Uncle Bill always flushed his weed with milk and horsepiss," so thats what they continue to do also just like Uncle Bill, and never stop to think "why would/should this work?"
Ouzo

I broke my personal rules about discussing flushing in the past couple of days.....

A fool's errand.....

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Ouzo

Gascanastan can vouch for this change - the calyx sizes are HUGE.

Then there's the change in the trichomes - stalked ones saw a major increase in numbers and height. Not that this means anything - I know absolutely nothing about this area of cannabis.

CC

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am liking the idea of the sprouted teas. Sounds nice and simple like all the best things in life :smoke:

I am already making the em1 enzyme recipe you posted a while back Cootz and that great but must be stored in the fridge (ours isnt huge). Making it fresh like that means i can just keep it on my porch or shed over summer. :D

So the enzymes are making the roots more efficient at extracting the available nutrients? I mainly use the em1 ferment to break down old roots after i recycle my medium. But it is doing many things i guess...

I think what most people have a hard time getting their head around is that a soil maybe full of phosphorous for example (like most Australian soils) but virtually none of it is available and is locked away. Hence why all native plants are very sensitive to high P levels and it will probably kill them.

So for things like magnesium, calcium or whatever mineral is there (probably plenty) but the roots need help to break it down... the enzyme brew will make this process more efficient?

Anyway i have some barley seeds so will make a batch sometime soon. :D

So far as soil goes i reckon i will just keep amending topsoil with compost, mushroom compost (its sold here fresh off the farm, $4 a decent bag full of baby shrooms) and a dash of coco, perlite(!) and biochar...

Cant get pumice, spaghnum peat, napa and a whole host of other things... but still plenty of sunshine. :rasta:

ps. I think im gonna make a shit load of char next winter and eventully replace the perlite with biochar.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
I think what most people have a hard time getting their head around is that a soil maybe full of phosphorous for example (like most Australian soils) but virtually none of it is available and is locked away. Hence why all native plants are very sensitive to high P levels and it will probably kill them.
Silver

Phosphorus availability is an extremely complicated paradigm. It isn't about pH. It isn't about Calcium levels. Even if it were, there is so much more involved before you even get to that point of the discussion. You could literally spend 2 weeks doing nothing else than studying this.

My recommendation is that if you decide to do this then 'drink heavily'

CC

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
ps. I think im gonna make a shit load of char next winter and eventully replace the perlite with biochar.

I like this idea SS...I have more faith in Native peoples gardening skill when it comes applying that to cannabis than compared to something like the last 30 years of myth-based cannabis gardening BS and it's subsequent malarky.

For those of you who wonder....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_preta

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Dave Brubeck - 1920 - 2012

R.I.P.

Dave+Brubeck.jpg

H

Heliopolis

What a bummer. :( I would not be a fan of Jazz if not for him and the excellent musicians he surrounded himself with.

Ouzo180

What a bummer. :( I would not be a fan of Jazz if not for him and the excellent musicians he surrounded himself with.

Same here. I would have most likely never known about him if not for my Jazz History class in college. Cool jazz is my favorite type for sure...not too much of a Bebop fan or elevator music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts