What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seandawg

Reserve a seat for me. These old bones need some sun. If I could be there in a flash without the effort of selling my place, worrying about medical and all that, I'd be on it.

What are the cannabis laws there?

MM

Btw weren't you planning on moving to a more tropical climate?

Whats the progress on that? I hope things are going well for you.

SD

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
I could see myself doing the Hawaiian lifestyle - sitting on the veranda sipping Kona coffee and laying waste to a plate of fresh Beignets. Keep those cabana boys busy running back and forth from the kitchen.

Panini Pua Kea (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole) in the background......

Seandawg

I could see myself doing the Hawaiian lifestyle - sitting on the veranda sipping Kona coffee and laying waste to a plate of fresh Beignets. Keep those cabana boys busy running back and forth from the kitchen.

Panini Pua Kea (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole) in the background......

I had no idea you were a coffee drinker. What kind do you drink?

Try listening to "White sandy beach" or "Opae E" from his Live album. Opae E is based off an old hawaiian myth that he explains before he actually sings the song. Easily two of my favorite songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoRpWEE-E0Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Try listening to "White sandy beach" or "Opae E" from his Live album. Opae E is based off an old hawaiian myth that he explains before he actually sings the song. Easily two of my favorite songs
Sean

Since you recommended this CD (Facing Future) I've listened to it several times straight-thru. I like all of this collection and I was thinking of getting another CD - any recommendations?

I enjoy his "Take Me Home Country Roads" on this set in particular and of course Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful - classic for we mainlanders! LOL

CC

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
shmalphy

I soak for 4 days, or just puree, strain and use immediately

I've been mulling this over in my mind over the past few weeks taking into consideration how the sprouted seeds are processed for barley malt (for brewing) and in particular the diastatic malt (bread bakers) - I think you have the right idea.

CC

Seandawg

Sean

Since you recommended this CD (Facing Future) I've listened to it several times straight-thru. I like all of this collection and I was thinking of getting another CD - any recommendations?

I enjoy his "Take Me Home Country Roads" on this set in particular and of course Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful - classic for we mainlanders! LOL

CC

Look for his live album! That is easily one of my favorites from him. Also "Alone in IZ world" was another really good album. Any of his late albums weren't actually his. They were remade songs by the producers and such to milk out more cash from his name, you know like the 10 million bob marley remakes.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
In my foggy memory I remember watching a story about that - something like 60 Minutes or whatever.

That was really fascinating - interesting art form

CC

gregor_mendel

I had never heard of IZ 'til reading the exchanges between Seandawg and ClackmasCootz this morning, though I now realize I have heard his rendition of "Over the Rainbow". Beautiful person, beautiful musician.

One of the videos of "Over the Rainbow" shows his funeral, also beautiful, and happy. I wish the funerals I went to were like that.

shmalphy

Veteran
My friend plays the yuke, he just had somewhere over the rainbow playing at his wedding, it is one of his favorites. He does a decent rendition himself.

Something I found strange regarding Evernote, which is a great tool BTW, life changing really (thanks CC)... if it can identify characters on an image and convert them to text, how does a captcha still work? Or does it?

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
shmalphy

Evernote at its core is an amazing technology but what really makes it something special are the number of developers and their contributions.

For example there is an app called Journal for Evernote. This app runs on your phone or tablet and when you make a note in this app it compiles it with the others that you make in that day. So let's say that you had a job that took you on the road you could make notes about the sales calls for that day. IOW, you're not just adding more to the original note - they all are 'stand alone' but in a master document that has that day's entries. I made this sound far more complicated than it is.

Open Evernote on your desktop or laptop, sign-in and there will be a link to something called 'Trunk' and then you can see for yourself what's available.

There are apps that allow you to use a stylus if your mobile device supports this. Taking handwritten notes and converting that to text is included in 4 or 5 apps. There are also a large number of 'drawing apps' which using a stylus or even fingers you can create sketches, etc. You're only limited by your own artistic capabilities.

With a very few exceptions all of the apps are free. An article at NYT last week mentioned that the developers had received their 2nd round of funding - $110 million. It looks like this could go public in the next few months.

You can also set-up a 'blog' in Evernote and it can be open to anyone or you can set it up requiring passwords. This is a good feature for companies with a large sales force to be able to communicate regularly between the home office and the worker bees.

There are also 4 or 5 books available through Kindle and they're definitely worth looking at to learn the advanced features. A good workflow for saving online documents is saving the article in Pocket (formerly Read Me Later) then exporting that into Facebook. This will give you the content of a web page(s) without the extraneous stuff like ads, unrelated links, etc. Just a plain document formatted correctly.

HTH

CC

Ouzo180

Ouzo

Ask for their powdered diastatic malt - barley malt which did not involve roasting, i.e. the highest levels of enzymes at brew stores (according to 'the beer dude' at a local home brew store)

Speaking of Ouzo, in my drinking days a favorite was downing a few of the TKO mix - equal parts of Tequila, Kahlua and Ouzo over crushed ice.

"It worked"

LOL

CC

Thanks CC! Great information as always. I'll have to try that TKO whenever I drink again...coffee, anise, and agave mixed sounds great. I do love a good tequila!

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Can someone tell me what kind of flavor, smell and high comes off of The One?

Like the breath of Shiva...

I find it unusual..Sweet old Thai Stick w/out the 'import' cure...and that old leathery musky dank kind of like in the OG lines except pure 1971 Afghani.

The smell matches the flavor mostly....and the high...like hanging out in Vaikuntha.

There is no ceiling for The One....except unconsciousness.

Seandawg

Like the breath of Shiva...

I find it unusual..Sweet old Thai Stick w/out the 'import' cure...and that old leathery musky dank kind of like in the OG lines except pure 1971 Afghani.

The smell matches the flavor mostly....and the high...like hanging out in Vaikuntha.

There is no ceiling for The One....except unconsciousness.

Its like you're telling a bed time story.

"Daddy, can you tell it again? It's my favorite" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts