What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolkush

Veteran
Like the breath of Shiva...

I find it unusual..Sweet old Thai Stick w/out the 'import' cure...and that old leathery musky dank kind of like in the OG lines except pure 1971 Afghani.

The smell matches the flavor mostly....and the high...like hanging out in Vaikuntha.

There is no ceiling for The One....except unconsciousness.

Hey thanks. Very nice description sounds like sum top shelf smoke to me. How's the yield?

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Hey thanks. Very nice description sounds like sum top shelf smoke to me. How's the yield?

This is a landrace cross...yield is above average for such a thing. These can get big and yield well. Not like modern types,but not bad for a landrace cross.

Seandawg

This is a landrace cross...yield is above average for such a thing. These can get big and yield well. Not like modern types,but not bad for a landrace cross.

You are very adept at portraying accurate descriptions by means of simple text. That's a feat not easily achieved by many. Great job at sharing descriptions properly. Thanks due!

D

Durdy

Durdy

Since you're an artisan baker this formula might be of interest to you. It was developed by Raymond Clavel and other French bakers during the 1960's - pain à l'ancienne

Just run a straight baguette dough (66% hydration) and you might want to use IDY vs ADY

The big difference is to use ice cold water when mixing the dough. Just do a few stretch & folds and put it in a Cambro container in the coldest part of your refrigerator.

When you're ready to bake, remove the dough let it ferment to double as usual and follow your regular method.

The enzymes created by the cold will give you a strong Asiago cheese smell and aroma. The crust will take on a mahogany color. It's really a beautiful bread.

That's how 'Asiago Cheese Bread' is made at the artisan bakeries in Portland - a tiny, tiny amount of actual cheese is sprinkled on the top of the loaves during the final 15 minutes of baking but the actual flavor is coming from the manipulation of the yeast & flour.

CC

I've made that one before! Its quite good. I did know that about the Asiago Cheese bread, very interesting!

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
n order to prepare the multi-functional biofertilizer, thermo-tolerant phosphate-solubilizing microbes including bacteria, actinomycetes, and fungi were isolated from different compost plants and biofertilizers. Except Streptomycesthermophilus J57 which lacked pectinase, all isolates possessed amylase, CMCase, chitinase, pectinase, protease, lipase, and nitrogenase activities. All isolates could solubilize calcium phosphate and Israel rock phosphate; various isolates could solubilize aluminum phosphate, iron phosphate, and hydroxyapatite. During composting, biofertilizers inoculated with the tested microbes had a significantly higher temperature, ash content, pH, total nitrogen, soluble phosphorus content, and germination rate than non-inoculated biofertilizer; total organic carbon and carbon-to-nitrogen ratio showed the opposite pattern. Adding these microbes can shorten the period of maturity, improve the quality, increase the soluble phosphorus content, and enhance the populations of phosphate-solubilizing and proteolytic microbes in biofertilizers. Therefore, inoculating thermo-tolerant phosphate-solubilizing microbes into agricultural and animal wastes represents a practical strategy for preparing multi-functional biofertilizer.p

Something like this Cootz? Sounds very interesting... now where does one find thermo-tolerant phosphate-solubilizing microbes... do you think if i pay the $42 they might tell? Hey i can rent it for $0.99 a day read only! :smoke:

O yeah and thanks Scrappy for the leaf mould idea. I have made some before and it was great stuff. Only issue there is the vast majority of our native tree's are evergreen and also gum (eucalypt) leaves are very tough and actually contain water repelling qualities!

I was collecting maple leaves from an old blokes garden and will do again. Have to find some nice stands of deciduous trees i can raid in autumn.

I do have access to lots of nice trees and vegetation that will make great hugelkultures. Loving Sep Holzer's approach and will work on this when i have time and its not too hot! Lots of tree's really need chopped to make this place bit more bush fire resistant and many are acacia's which are leguminous and rot down fast... natures answer to the mighty tough and dominant gun tree whose timbers are generally very tough and rot resistant.

Looking forward to giving my garden some sprouted barley tea!

:smoweed:

koolkush

Veteran
Has anyone used Malibu compost Bu's blend biodynamic compost on there indoor soil mix.I notice there was cow manure in it.Will this make the flavor harsh?

Neo 420

Veteran
Has anyone used Malibu compost Bu's blend biodynamic compost on there indoor soil mix.I notice there was cow manure in it.Will this make the flavor harsh?

I am currently using Bu's Blend in my recycle mix. I also use in tea's. Been great so far. Will not have a smoke report till 2 months....

I have a question for all the living soil growers that grow indica's and sativa's. Do you tweak any of the soil mixes for the general type's? I notice the sativa's are handling my mixes differently than the indica's. Or it could be I am finding shitty ladies??

koolkush

Veteran
I am currently using Bu's Blend in my recycle mix. I also use in tea's. Been great so far. Will not have a smoke report till 2 months....

I have a question for all the living soil growers that grow indica's and sativa's. Do you tweak any of the soil mixes for the general type's? I notice the sativa's are handling my mixes differently than the indica's. Or it could be I am finding shitty ladies??

Hey thanks Neo. What kind of tea act or nutrient tea?

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Sean

Some seeds from any breeding process don't make the cut - even in dogs there is the 'pick of the litter' and the 'runt of the litter'

Sucks when you're paying $15.00 a seed I would think - LOL

Or whatever they cost......

CC

Neo 420

Veteran
Hey thanks Neo. What kind of tea act or nutrient tea?

5 gallons water
1/2 compost
1/2 ewc
.3 cup molasses
sometimes 1/4 alfalfa (for vegging)

Thats my main but I have varying ones depending on what I am trying to achieve..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts