What's new

Living organic soil from start through recycling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
If you live near or travel to Portland, the Southeast Asian market, Fubonn Market, carries rice from Thailand, Vietnam, India, Bhutan (Red Bhutanese - pretty close to heirloom), etc.

The Red Bhutanese catches my eye when I walk past the huge display at the front of the store - pallets and pallets of different rice varieties.

"Bragging rights" if nothing else! LOL

CC

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you live near or travel to Portland, the Southeast Asian market, Fubonn Market, carries rice from Thailand, Vietnam, India, Bhutan (Red Bhutanese - pretty close to heirloom), etc.

The Red Bhutanese catches my eye when I walk past the huge display at the front of the store - pallets and pallets of different rice varieties.

"Bragging rights" if nothing else! LOL

CC

For those in Vancouver BC, check out Famous Foods. Large selection of rice, flax seeds and meal, herbs A-Z.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Microbeman

When I worked in the produce industry Vancouver B.C. was a very hot market for us because we had a sub-corporation that was set-up just to handle mangoes out of Central and South America. The Chinese demographic insured that we could move all the mangoes we could get our hands on. At one point we were delivering 10 truck loads per week to 3 wholesale distributors. Total 10 - not 10 each

What a great city and Amtrak's schedule can get you there from Oregon & Washington for cheap money and the trains are hi-speed. Nothing like Japan's hi-speed trains of course. I like it better than flying so I can enjoy the beautiful views along the route.

CC

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran

These look awesome man....outdoor freeking sativa's finishing under Cali sun...just wow ya know.

That Kali Mist x Burmese/Cherry Bomb (Vandana Shiva) looks magical,nice color and frosty satty flowers.

Having smoked it before...I'm freeking droooling.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
I have checked my local brew store recently but I was unsure about their malts as I thought some or all were roasted/toasted to some degree or another.
Ouzo

Ask for their powdered diastatic malt - barley malt which did not involve roasting, i.e. the highest levels of enzymes at brew stores (according to 'the beer dude' at a local home brew store)

Speaking of Ouzo, in my drinking days a favorite was downing a few of the TKO mix - equal parts of Tequila, Kahlua and Ouzo over crushed ice.

"It worked"

LOL

CC

Seandawg

I wouldn't mind seeing that big orb in the sky - I've got the grey cloud thing down pretty well

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354670406.368065.jpg
Fail lol

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't mind seeing that big orb in the sky - I've got the grey cloud thing down pretty well

Reserve a seat for me. These old bones need some sun. If I could be there in a flash without the effort of selling my place, worrying about medical and all that, I'd be on it.

What are the cannabis laws there?

JDG

Can you get Wild Rice easily?

CC

LOL - I was already wondering about that very thing after Sean's suggestion of "brown rice".

We have about 5 pounds of hand-collected wild rice in the cupboard from a very very close person, not to mention it grows wild in many of the lakes we camp around ~ We "park" the canoe in it to stay put when we want to enjoy life's good times in the summer !

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Joe

That's what I would use......go local

I use barley because it's local (Eastern Oregon) and cheap. Really, really cheap even for the organic seeds.

CC

shmalphy

Veteran
I typically use a pint wide mouth mason jar with window screen for the lid. I put the barley seeds inside and put the screen on, so I can fill it with water and strain in one easy step.

I usually soak them for 4 hours, then drain, then fill and drain twice daily, without soaking. Once they have all sprouted, I soak for 4 days, or just puree, strain and use immediately.

I usually add the water from the initial soak and each rinse to my reservoir figuring there must be something good in there, but seems like I shouldn't... I would have never thought about that CC, good info.

DARC MIND

Veteran
black haze
attachment.php

DSC00133.JPG DSC00132.JPG
you know what im saying

& colombian gold x cheeze
attachment.php

DSC00158.JPG DSC00155.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00136.JPG
    DSC00136.JPG