What's new

Lion Lured Out Of Park, Killed.

waveguide

Veteran
careful no one thinks of you the same way...

you see, that's what it comes down to for some of us. if life is maya, live, die, it's all the same. the only thing that matters is if you do ****ly things while on the planet.

the idea of encouraging others to see actions as tolerated if "the species can maintain its numbers" is very application-centric...... i anticipate the actual individual lions, just like individual people, would prefer policies that remember that all experiences in this life are the property of individuals, not population vectors.

with this in mind, it's difficult to justify any behaviour over another, however i find it prudent to avoid instituting any "morality" that mechanises and institutionalises procedu oh fuck it like anyhting i say is going to mean shit to people who think with their dicks

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
I highly doubt all those "eco tourists" planned their vacation around a specific lion. Feel free to cite your sources when making specific claims about animal populations. Can they breed? Can they reproduce? They are renewable.

Really? You want me to give you sources so you can sit in your easy chair and have someone else do your research and critical thinking for you? Fine, here are just the top finds when searching:

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/big-cats-initiative/lion-decline-map/

http://worldlionday.com/african-lion/

http://lionalert.org/page/Lion_Population_2012

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...ts-by-two-thirds-in-50-years-study-finds?lite

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...0d2360-3e43-11e2-ae43-cf491b837f7b_story.html

As to the worth of Cecil alive, there are many articles about people who have been flocking to see him, from:
http://africageographic.com/blog/more-info-about-the-hunt-of-cecil-the-lion/

"Bryan Orford a regular visitor to Hwange and who has filmed Cecil on numerous occasions, says "Cecil was Hwange's biggest tourist attraction, not only a natural loss but a financial loss." Orford reckons that with tourists from just one lodge collectively paying US $9800 a day, Zimbabwe would have earned more in just five days by having Cecil's photograph taken rather than being shot by someone paying a single off fee of $45,000 with no hope of future revenue."

Here's another on their worth, alive!
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...e-worth-more-alive-than-dead/article25806890/

The info is out there, but you have to be willing to accept that it isn't the info you want to hear.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
theres another guy that illegally got a lion too...rather sad I think.... no one should be hunting lions...end of story....yeehaw..if you wanna be a badass n hunt a lion .. they should hand you a spear and set you loose...not many takers then I bet..rich white people breaking the rules as usuall..some things never change

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
elephants have been killed with a bow; you just gotta put a heavy arrow in the right place. apparently, he is a better dentist than archer.
according to the MSNBC tonight, the researcher that was tracking Cecil and Jericho says that Jericho is alive and well, and his tracking collar is giving his normal movement signals. but hey! I just heard that Bigfoot and Elvis were seen in Central Park in NYC! incredible...:laughing:

I think something got confused in the rush to get the story out. What's being reported now is another lion (not Jericho) was killed by a guy from Pennsylvania but it actually happened back in April but it was only recently determined to be illegal.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
after seeing pics of the lion-killing dentist,,,
bare chested and holding a recently killed cheetah!,,
i just wish he would accept his homo-sexuality,,,,
be a leather clone and please leave the animals alone,,,s2:tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
after seeing pics of the lion-killing dentist,,,
bare chested and holding a recently killed cheetah!,,
i just wish he would accept his homo-sexuality,,,,
be a leather clone and please leave the animals alone,,,s2:tiphat:

is it having money that makes him gay? "bare-chested"? a hunter? a dentist? (oral fixation, you know, LOL!) or is it from being from the "colonies" while you are from "back home" ? anyone that starts talking shit like this normally has quite a leather get-up in their "closet"...:laughing:

waveguide

Veteran
jCfIqyqLacQfDkC-800x450-noPad.jpg

while we're enjoying all the named animal jokes,

dunno if the change.org link is a good thingy, various orgs are scrambling atm to arrange awareness and action to respond to some bullshit here

if you're not local AZ, this is an old herd, and basically they're going to get used as campaign benes because it's that time of year!

freezer full of horsemeat and some handsome new studs, arpaio's already got a few SRC horses in his stable...

money money money!

https://www.change.org/p/thomas-tid...utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
is it having money that makes him gay? "bare-chested"? a hunter? a dentist? (oral fixation, you know, LOL!) or is it from being from the "colonies" while you are from "back home" ? anyone that starts talking shit like this normally has quite a leather get-up in their "closet"...:laughing:
lol "colonies"???,,
I based my assessment on the pic with the cheetah,,,
he looked "camper then a row of tents":biggrin:,,,,
end of the day,,a sad little man with conan the barbarian fantasys
and a bow and arrow to match lol,
I had to give you good rep for your last post armedoldhippy:biggrin:,
made my wife and I piss ourselves laughing,,s2:tiphat:

Last edited:

merc500

you hit it head on 944s2. you would have to be a little queer to shoot a god dammed lion for a thrill with a fricking crossbow no less. he's on his way back to africa soon except it won't be to kill something for fun

G

ganjygav

Lions are renewable. He payed a huge ammount of of money to one of the poorest regions of the world in order to shoot it.

Did he pay one of the poorest region's in the world huge amount of money? .... Orrr did he pay a huge amount of money to some white blokes who happen to inhabit one of the world's poorest nations? Only a 0.29% contribution from hunting to Zimbabwes economy.

angelgoob

Yea but what if that lion killed the zebra we liked so much.

You know. Zettia the Zebra. The famous zebra?

There's no getting through to you guys.

If it was a 4 year old with a knife that hunted and killed it for FOOD in my book that would be honorable.

But a bow THEN a gun? That's like pressing a button and what not, hiding behind the barrel of a gun...

My honest opinion paying 50k for lion hunting is stupid.

It was basically trapped around the area.

The only honorable thing he could do now is free dentistry work for lions.

Plus he better have a sack of fully healthy owls to feed them.

Wendull C.

Veteran
lol "colonies"???,,
I based my assessment on the pic with the cheetah,,,
he looked "camper then a row of tents":biggrin:,,,,
end of the day,,a sad little man with conan the barbarian fantasys
and a bow and arrow to match lol,
I had to give you good rep for your last post armedoldhippy:biggrin:,
made my wife and I piss ourselves laughing,,s2:tiphat:

It is funny you criticizing hunting but can't tell the difference between a cheetah and a leopard. That was a huge trophy leopard, not a cheetah.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Personally I finding it hard to call what this Dentist did "hunting". To me hunting was what you did when you were gathering food. That is you ate what you killed. The only other thing I would call hunting is what is describe in the link a couple of posts up where a group hunted and killed a lion that was terrorizing their village.

To hunt the way this Dentist did seems dishonorable. Kind of like using a fish finder when fishing from a boat. It feels like it takes the sport and to some extent the skill out of it. What really gets me about this case, even more then luring an old lion out of a protected area is that he only wounded it at first with the arrow and then took 40 hours to catch up with the animal to put it out of it's misery. This speaks of a lack of skill to me. All just to be able to experience "big game hunting" and be able to brag about it later since it is something few people would ever actually be able to brag about. But is it really something worth bragging about when you typically do it from a fairly safe distance and for no other reason then to brag about it?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
following up wounded big game in Africa remains the job of the professional hunter, for insurance purposes. the "sport" is not responsible for this. if time travel was possible, hunting lion and/or elephant the old-fashioned way would be exciting/dangerous as hell. you spot a big old male, and track him until he gets pissed and comes down his backtrack to sort shit out between the two of you. LOTS of hunters died in this excitement...:biggrin:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is funny you criticizing hunting but can't tell the difference between a cheetah and a leopard. That was a huge trophy leopard, not a cheetah.
hey wendall,,,
criticizing hunting???,,I don't think so, but that wasn't hunting!
,, it was torture followed by murder,,,,huntings fine with me as long as you eat what you hunt out of nessecity
leopard or cheetah I think you get my point,,,,,
huge trophy leopard?,,,,to me..it was just a beautiful animal killed by a man with a tiny dick for no good reason! dang!!!,,,,s2

shithawk420

Veteran
Based on the facts that we do know,im surprised anyone here is defending the guy.FACT:He knowingly broke the law.FACT:He tortured the animal until it died.FACT:This is not the first time he has been in trouble for the same offense.FACT:He knew he would get in trouble if he got caught with this lion but didnt care.(that is a huge indicator of being a psycopath.)FACT:No one knows were he is and is running from the law cause he knew he fucked up and does not care.so to anyone defending this prick,well your logic is flawed.thats the facts jack

armedoldhippy

Veteran
and most of you are still laboring under the delusion that he is guilty AND has a small penis with no proof whatsoever. (unless you have given him a blowjob) very good, folks! keep up the good work and open minds that cannabis users supposedly possess as a result of their decades of repression...:laughing:

St. Phatty

hey wendall,,,
criticizing hunting???,,I don't think so, but that wasn't hunting!
,, it was torture followed by murder,,,,huntings fine with me as long as you eat what you hunt out of nessecity

huge trophy leopard?,,,,to me..it was just a beautiful animal killed by a man with a tiny dick for no good reason! dang!!!,,,,s2

Thanks !

You said it so I don't have to.

BUT - what about women trophy hunters ?

What would they be compensating for ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts