What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lion Lured Out Of Park, Killed.

blastfrompast

Veteran
stoned-trout:

If you can't get within 30-40yrds then U DON'T take the shot on my property.

The one thing I do shot is skunks, etc. when they were attacking my fowl...got rid of my chickens, so they get a free ride now too..lol

Wendull C.

Veteran
I trophy hunt for mule deer and elk. Not in the way this pos does but I will only take a mature old buck and pass on all the little ones. Let them go and grow. I have had the chance to fill two to three tags a year for the past decade in two different states but I let them walk if they aren't what I'm looking for.
The last trophy buck I got was in 2010.

I would take a lot more game without that philosophy, so to you guys saying you despise me, what is better? Hammering the deer herd for meat year in and out or a hunter who selectively takes game and doesn't mind going home empty handed because the kill isn't what I am out there for?

waveguide

Veteran
the kill isn't what I am out there for?
well we're all just glad that occasionally you find ones that meet your impeckerble standards. "ain't what i'm there for, but heck it could happen if i like what i'm looking at"

amitabha matey mate

Wendull C.

Veteran
well we're all just glad that occasionally you find ones that meet your impeckerble standards. "ain't what i'm there for, but heck it could happen if i like what i'm looking at"

I knew I would catch some shit but I had to put that out there. I'm not looking to argue one way or the other. If you don't mind what does does that ami.. matey mate mean.?

amanda88

Times up for many animals of the world ...these days,....but great to see humanity get together on one theme, the 'scream' from the web was UNREAL ....excellent!

Green Squall

I trophy hunt for mule deer and elk. Not in the way this pos does but I will only take a mature old buck and pass on all the little ones. Let them go and grow. I have had the chance to fill two to three tags a year for the past decade in two different states but I let them walk if they aren't what I'm looking for.
The last trophy buck I got was in 2010.

I would take a lot more game without that philosophy, so to you guys saying you despise me, what is better? Hammering the deer herd for meat year in and out or a hunter who selectively takes game and doesn't mind going home empty handed because the kill isn't what I am out there for?

BOOOOOOO :no:

Find a new hobby.

Trophy hunting and killing an animal for food are two totally different things. And I would hardly say people are hammering the deer population. More like keeping it in check.

Some people don't want to eat factory farmed animals, so they hunt. Can you blame them?

And I'm not trying too attack you, but what do you do with your "trophies?" Hang them on the wall or something to admire?

Wendull C.

Veteran
No. I have two sets on furniture. I don't taxidermy heads. I have eaten every animal or fish I have ever killed.

redlaser

Veteran
A brother of a friend of mine is a major douche bag/ dumb ass, and the following is an example:
Every year, sometimes twice a year he and his dad go trophy hunting for something to hang on there walls or whatever.
About six years ago they go after black bears, not sure which state, seemed like Utah or Oregon. "Hunting" on private property where they set out baits for what they want to kill.
With a scoped rifle he shoots a 200-250lb bear that is missing a foot as well as several inches of its leg.

But that wasn't enough to prove how big of an ass that he is. He had the entire thing stuffed for display on a slope to try and hide the fact that it was missing its foot and part of its leg.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This dentist will lose half his patients. I am sure he will be in deep trouble with lost revenue, not to mention legal challenges.

Green Squall

No. I have two sets on furniture. I don't taxidermy heads. I have eaten every animal or fish I have ever killed.

I apologize. I didn't realize you used the buck for food as well. When I hear the term "trophy hunt", I've always associated that with just keeping the head, antlers, etc and leaving the rest. If your using the whole animal I can totally respect that.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
lots of folks jumping the gun here. he was using a compound bow, not a crossbow. media idiots do not know the difference, just as they can not tell the difference between a semi-auto sporting rifle and a fully-auto "assault rifle". the safari company employees are the ones that are alleged (not proven) to have lured the lion out of the preserve. the tracking collars are not visible to a hunter, as a mature male lions mane covers it up. the owner of the land where the hunt took place supposedly did not have a permit issued by the game commission for a lion hunt. that is not the hunters responsibility. this man paid $50,000 dollars at an auction (which went to conservation efforts in that country to protect & preserve habitat for wildlife ) to hunt, not a guaranteed kill behind a fence. if you want to pile on someone before trial, i suggest going after the supposed "professional hunter" that was in charge of the safari.

shithawk420

Veteran
Well the guy is still an asshole.I've seen his pictures of his other "trophies"which included a cheetah or leopard,a rhino,and a bunch of other great animals.you can't tell me he was totally oblivious to all the illegal activity going on. No way is he that dumb. This ain't his first rodeo.I'll bet he used a bow and arrow instead of a gun so nobody would hear it.i don't agree with the death threats and ridicule the rest of his family is going through.besides the lion they are innocent and shouldn't have to pay for his selfishness

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aaff7148_zpswvxyvext.jpg

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
the guy is a repeat offender ..black bear before.. most times repeat offenses and you loose your right to hunt.. I have known a few scumbag poachers that did over the years..he shouldn't be allowed to hunt anymore.. in the end your responsible if you kill it..end of story..and taking 40 hours sad...yeehaw

waveguide

Veteran
post ####### wherein waveguide fixes everythnig wrong with the world.

1) lots of stuffed animals outside the man's dentistry office. how sweet.

WHY THE FUCK COULDN'T THAT HAPPEN 200,000 LIONS AGO?

this man paid $50,000 dollars at an auction (which went to conservation efforts in that country to protect & preserve habitat for wildlife )

and why the fuck couldn't dude pay $50k to make something good happen? who the fuck are we, evil fairies?

"i'll take you to the ball on time cinderella, but i get to track and gut your firstborn!"

like.. "yo.. i paid my money.. when do i get to kill something..." i'm sure cecil would be all lean back like "you go ahead man, i'll draw an X on my gizzard, it's for the children".

what the fuck does a dentist in minnesota know about life hunting lions? or whatever the fuck else he killed? was his mind inextricably linked with the cycle of life on the savannah, or was it linked to a bunch of mahogany plaques so he can jack off in his den? you fucking know. all that was gonig on in that cockhole's mind was hollywood pictures of Big Men.

i'll tell you something armed.. this is the world, amitabha, it's full of suffering. if you feel you want to kill something and eat it, you got company. but some of us never speak to justify The Shit. i'm not trying to make the world of The Shit any realer, or any more right. that's beelzebub right there, lord of the flies, a giant turd. no one ever said life wasn't sickness. i'd sound like a prick if i said i'm nicer than you because i only eat stationary life forms. (the jain sutras do a fair exposition on karma of various foodstuffs).

I knew I would catch some shit but I had to put that out there. I'm not looking to argue one way or the other. If you don't mind what does does that ami.. matey mate mean.?
it means a good time for you: watch chinese movies with subtitles instead of dubbed. hth.

He had the entire thing stuffed for display on a slope to try and hide the fact that it was missing its foot and part of its leg.
always amazing how transparent the egoic are. that's gotta make him feel like a cur every time he sees it.. he probably gets all inwardly conflicted in that room..

blastfrompast

Veteran
nothing worse than a bear hunter...

I have yet to meet one who actually used the meat....

and talk about lack of skill..

Shoot a bear munching on a bait barrel........that takes zero skill.... why not just tag them at the garbage dump or zoo.

Get with 30-40yrds of harvestable deer and if you have ur tag and it isn't my 5x5 buck and you can take the shot on my property(i allow 1-2 harvested a year)....but YOU BETTER eat the whole thing..

Nothing worse than a hunter who wastes the meat...ie empties out yr old deer from his freezer when he shoots the new one....even though it won't get eaten either... (I know one of these guys...)

Latest posts

Latest posts