What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lion Lured Out Of Park, Killed.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
shoot, Waveguide...all of the lifeforms i eat are stationary, too. well, after i gut & butcher them, they are pretty still... and i DO eat every deer, duck, goose, dove, etc that i bring home. wasting meat that God gave you is one of the worst sins, to me.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
and why the fuck couldn't dude pay $50k to make something good happen?

how do you know what he has done with his money and skills over the course of his life? for all we know, he might be one of those souls that go on the RAM (remote area medical) trips & donates his time and skills to the poor and needy. the $50Gs was for a HUNT; this was not a "canned hunt" where something is turned loose in a fenced enclosure & you walk up and shoot it. without his so-called "guide" pulling that bullshit, he could very easily have gone home with nothing but tsetse fly bites, photographs & memories. but his $50G would have still gone to a good cause over there...

Big-Narstie

I say stick him in a cage force feed him ketamine and lsd really fuck his head up for 6 months then every week after that shoot him then repair him rinse n repeat for another 15 yr then make him starve to death while forcing him to watch narnia

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I say stick him in a cage force feed him ketamine and lsd really fuck his head up for 6 months then every week after that shoot him then repair him rinse n repeat for another 15 yr then make him starve to death while forcing him to watch narnia

i'd let you feed me ketamine and LSD, but i'm sorry, that movie sucked...:biggrin:

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
I read earlier today where the guide had said Palmer also asked him about shooting a big bull elephant. Something like it had to have at least 46 lb tusks! Something really wrong with a person wanting to kill an elephant. I mean it's not like say, for the past few decades we haven't been hearing about how endangered they are and that there is a ban on elephant ivory sale or transportation.

It looks like he was also going to take on the role of smuggler to get those tusks home.

theJointedOne

Veteran

dam....cold blooded

i like it :tiphat:

if i could add one part, maybe they could feed audio of lion roars and growls into his cage, the entire time?

TeamSleep

Man, where were all you lion loving fools at before this happened? I really doubt its putting any damper on putting on your big boy pants in the morning and working the daily 9-5. Get over it.

Big-Narstie

It's costs half the price to kill an elephant than itis to kill a rhino sick fucked up world we live in. Anyway I'm off to work lol

solofoe

Lions are renewable. He payed a huge ammount of of money to one of the poorest regions of the world in order to shoot it.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I heard that this lion was at the upper end of his typical life expectancy. I also heard they lured him out of the protected park with fresh meat. Too bad lions don't understand that there is no such thing as a free lunch. :biggrin: Seriously though what a weak pussy move on the part of this Dentist. He lures out an old lion who has grown somewhat docile living in a protected park. As if that wasn't bad enough this prick thinks he's Tarzan or something and tries to kill the lion with a bow and arrow. After failing at that he lets this poor animal walk, no limp around for nearly 2 days before finally putting the lion out of it's misery. They ought to cut off the head of this prick and then skin him like he did to the lion.

Gry

Veteran
Bet he hates the words. Great white hunter.

Last edited:

Wendull C.

Veteran
Lion hunting legitimacy aside, such a large boned heavy creature evolved to hunt the most dangerous game on earth not to mention other pride male lions, should never have been shot by a bow.

It is disrespectful imo to the quarry and the result of trailing and having to shoot a wounded lion with a rifle anyway are all too common.

To top it off another poacher just killed cecil the lions brother and successor to dominance Jericho inside the park.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Lions are renewable. He payed a huge ammount of of money to one of the poorest regions of the world in order to shoot it.

Renewable? Really?
You must live in a void otherwise you would know that todays world lion population is only 10% of what it was in 1975. I don't think anyone would call that renewable!
As to the money he paid for the hunt going to support that country, maybe a few very wealthy people made money from it.

Apparently you didn't read where Cecil brought in $100,000 in Eco-tourism dollars every year........that was renewable, killing him was not!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Lion hunting legitimacy aside, such a large boned heavy creature evolved to hunt the most dangerous game on earth not to mention other pride male lions, should never have been shot by a bow.
To top it off another poacher just killed cecil the lions brother and successor to dominance Jericho inside the park.

elephants have been killed with a bow; you just gotta put a heavy arrow in the right place. apparently, he is a better dentist than archer.
according to the MSNBC tonight, the researcher that was tracking Cecil and Jericho says that Jericho is alive and well, and his tracking collar is giving his normal movement signals. but hey! I just heard that Bigfoot and Elvis were seen in Central Park in NYC! incredible...:laughing:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I read earlier today where the guide had said Palmer also asked him about shooting a big bull elephant. Something like it had to have at least 46 lb tusks! Something really wrong with a person wanting to kill an elephant. I mean it's not like say, for the past few decades we haven't been hearing about how endangered they are and that there is a ban on elephant ivory sale or transportation.

It looks like he was also going to take on the role of smuggler to get those tusks home.

in some areas of Africa, elephants have overpopulated their environment and are raiding native villagers crops. don't believe everything you hear, research it yourself and don't buy the first song and dance ...

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
in some areas of Africa, elephants have overpopulated their environment and are raiding native villagers crops. don't believe everything you hear, research it yourself and don't buy the first song and dance ...
I know all about the elephants raiding the villagers crops and sometimes killing them. That is a completely different scenario that just killing an elephant so you can brag to your douchebag friends.

And, they haven't really over-populated their environment. They've only over-populated the land that was allotted to them after setting aside what the people think they need, first.

solofoe

Renewable? Really?
You must live in a void otherwise you would know that todays world lion population is only 10% of what it was in 1975. I don't think anyone would call that renewable!
As to the money he paid for the hunt going to support that country, maybe a few very wealthy people made money from it.

Apparently you didn't read where Cecil brought in $100,000 in Eco-tourism dollars every year........that was renewable, killing him was not!

I highly doubt all those "eco tourists" planned their vacation around a specific lion. Feel free to cite your sources when making specific claims about animal populations. Can they breed? Can they reproduce? They are renewable.