What's new

" Land Of A Thousand Colas !!! Multi room PPK 26K "

gmanwho

Veteran
hey Gman Good Morning:) ... i need your eyes for a second , what do read here? do you read the middle, or the edge ??? >>> thanksView Image

id go with 4 or 3 on that... to low.

if you want to spend the money, just a suggestion, ive had real good luck with the hanna grow line HI9814 or HI9813. i can score the HI9814 for about $170 locally. one of my buddies has the other HI9813 an loves it....

gmanwho

Veteran
just think that was cleaned multiple times. crazy thing is the cleaner i used is hardcore, then theres a spray on that u leave thats supposed to prevent stuff from reforming. then theres another super concentrated cleaner that will etch metal if not diluted. then a neutralizer. then i tried leaving concentrated physan on it. I even have this fancy collapsible skirt that turns into a funnel. u hang it bellow the ac unit an it collects rinse water an well u see how that worked out....

maxresdefault.jpg

So this was the bacteria or fungi growing on the blower wheel of the 30kbtu i just replaced.

got it used. an ive cleaned the wheel multiple times. cleaned even with the the heavy duty cleaners from my hvac buddy. after a cleaning one of the last time it was sprayed with physan. some nasty shit... sure it isnt good.

View Image

View Image

Get a UV light for it. They keep it sterilized. You’ll still get some dust/particle build up but not mildew, mold etc etc

Raho

Veteran
+1 on the UV light in the air handler. you can put it on a timer so it only runs during lights on.

Thirdtime

I think uv needs extended exposure, fast moving air probably doesn't have enough exposure time. Ozone would be a better option IMHO.

Raho

Veteran
I think uv needs extended exposure, fast moving air probably doesn't have enough exposure time. Ozone would be a better option IMHO.
It is growing on the surfaces of the fan/enclosure.
Bathe those surfaces in spore killing light and you will have nothing in the fast moving air to kill.

Americangrower

Veteran
Speaking of UV light.. Has anyone used it in their growroom to eliminate or prevent PM. Can it be used without hurting plants. Just something that popped into my head after reading these post.

Americangrower

Veteran
did a little searching and it seems you can. I can't find a answer to how many watts or which UV is the best A,B or C. I may try vertically hanging 2 100w UV in veg room and have them only run for like 1 hour right in the middle of light scheduled. To kind of mimic natural daytime sun

Stardog

I tried that one with a 19 watt UVC bulb and it did not go well. Maybe I had the wrong bulb but I swear I was exposed to the light indirectly for less than 20 min and it blinded me for a weekend and killed 2 sour d's and one of my Lucy's looked like it had been in an oven @ 150F for an hour.
My friend bought the bulbs and fixtures and they were from a garden shop advertised to kill PM etc. So I hung it up for 4 hours about 2' away from my small area of plants. It's 19 watts so I figured, how bad could this possibly be for 4 hours while I work in another room?That night my left eye started hurting really badly then a few hours later my right eye went down. Obviously I either did something very wrong or I have the wrong light but I will say there's no PM anywhere but there wasn't any to start with, I was just fucking off to maybe kill any spores that might be around.
My Lucy cut is the most prone to picking up any PM so I initially placed it above that, the sour d's were 3' away from the damned light and they were straight up dead. Thirty plus years of growing and I've yet to do something this stupid however if used correctly the lights may be effective, I don't know. I still ended up with a great harvest, some of my Lucy and Kosher Kush came out as well as one could hope for and no PM anywhere...but I really fucked up my eyes for 3 days. You can't fix stupid, right??:)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I tried that one with a 19 watt UVC bulb and it did not go well. Maybe I had the wrong bulb but I swear I was exposed to the light indirectly for less than 20 min and it blinded me for a weekend and killed 2 sour d's and one of my Lucy's looked like it had been in an oven @ 150F for an hour.
My friend bought the bulbs and fixtures and they were from a garden shop advertised to kill PM etc. So I hung it up for 4 hours about 2' away from my small area of plants. It's 19 watts so I figured, how bad could this possibly be for 4 hours while I work in another room?That night my left eye started hurting really badly then a few hours later my right eye went down. Obviously I either did something very wrong or I have the wrong light but I will say there's no PM anywhere but there wasn't any to start with, I was just fucking off to maybe kill any spores that might be around.
My Lucy cut is the most prone to picking up any PM so I initially placed it above that, the sour d's were 3' away from the damned light and they were straight up dead. Thirty plus years of growing and I've yet to do something this stupid however if used correctly the lights may be effective, I don't know. I still ended up with a great harvest, some of my Lucy and Kosher Kush came out as well as one could hope for and no PM anywhere...but I really fucked up my eyes for 3 days. You can't fix stupid, right??:)

That's like the worst kind of light you can expose your naked eye to, lol. Those fuckers will actually make you blind with enough exposure. Glad you learned your lesson. I think sunglasses are the bare minimum when working with those type lights.

~star~crash~

I've hung & run 1000K HPS vertical bare bulbs ... i know about eye damage ...now i need regular glass's just to see clearly.. i have polarized sun-glass’s for working in the room

Americangrower

Veteran

That's like the worst kind of light you can expose your naked eye to, lol. Those fuckers will actually make you blind with enough exposure. Glad you learned your lesson. I think sunglasses are the bare minimum when working with those type lights.

I read to only run them for 20mins to 1 hr a day. So my theory is run them for like 45 mins mid light cycle and don't go it there during that time.

Raho

Veteran

I would do something exactly like that. That's why I would only use them in an enclosure that is moving air.
The wall unit for a split like what Gman ran into is a perfect place to use that kind of tool.
Of course, those wall units are extremely tight with no space for a UV tube to even fit.
I think the front access panel would have to be modified to make room for it. Maybe cut a long 3.25" wide rectangle in it then get some 4" PVC pipe cut in half and glue it over the hole (white silicone maybe, some kind of flexible, UV resistant light blocking adhesive.)
Mount your light(s) in that recess you have created.

That's what I envision anyway.
Ugly as homemade sin but should be effective.

gmanwho

Veteran
PM is a bitch. the bigger the garden the bigger the problem. i dont wish that shit on anyone. i'll take any bug compared to pm... but if you havent experienced it your not growing. It can come in from anywhere an not just from your buddies clones!!!

like to think i got a handle on it. thou i probably shouldnt talk to loud, they are listening.... been months since i seen it.

gmanwho

Veteran
thanks bilko

I use this as a preventive now but when I got it a lot before massive air flow in my rooms I would spray down the plants at week 3 after I did my thining/defoliating and again at week 5-6. Never seen it come back..Worth a shot.
https://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/e...ategory=50365&pm=1&ds=0&t=1505308142000&ver=0

mr blah...that seems like a good product. chokes out the fungi. omri.

would love to learn more about new products that are much safer then the 90+% of things out there. As long as they work, lotta snake oil stuff to. like to hear why it works..

been using m-pede every 3 or so weeks on anything not into flower. or right at transplant time i found is a good time too. Dip the whole plant, no screwing around trying to spray shit down. sprayin i feel like u can miss so much of the plant. then the waste of the spray that misses the plant an ends up hitting the walls an floors. M-Pede is omri as well. chokes out the fungi an spores. changes leaf ph. super toxic to leaf sucking insects. then as it breaks down an provides potassium to the plant.

atleast thats my take on it at this point. would love to hear some input on it if anyone else has experience with either. i feel like the m-pede working well with the rotation... cause we def need keep on the pest an disease preventive.

Mr Blah

First off I am small time compared to you by far. Having 6 flower rooms about 40sqft/ea with 4 flowering in at a time and two vegging rooms with 12 at all times different satges.

For a while I was fighting PM big time. So I upped my air flow which pretty much took care of it. I still see some on the outskirts of some on outer leaves of the rooms, where the evacuating exhaust doesn't have enough pull and my fans aren't directed correctly.
I starting using this oil more aggressively, but like you mentioned it feels like unless you are spraying directly and not broadcasting all over the place its effectiveness is less.
I like my rooms with 4 plants because I can thoroughly take care of 4 before I get lazy, and start making excuses for not doing a good job. Each day a room.....one day off..snip, spray, observer and grow..repeat.
Hope that helps. :tiphat:

You could probably use this as a full plant dunk as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts