What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

" Land Of A Thousand Colas !!! Multi room PPK 26K "

Mr Blah

I too have had thrips and it is a little hard to verify it but it looks like you have them. That cluster on the tip of the leaf looks like it. Under a microscope you can see them good. It resembles a sliver of rice but a lot smaller.

Whatever you do..Like Gman said, rotate your choice of products because some of these things can build up a resistant if you use the same thing.
I used a bomb with spinosad I think, can't remember been a while.
Also used an organic method of garlic cloves that was soaking in water for 24hrs.
Again Gman is right, whatever bug you have that sucks the juice out of a plant, your going to want to treat the plant with some fighting drink that it can up take and present to the leaches.

Good luck and can you get a closer pic?

Sorry G for hijacking. :tiphat:

Miraculous Meds

Ive found nothing that works as good and consistent as spinosad for thrip eradication. Also its pretty safe to use and spray. Its good to rotate stuff, but I don't think that's the case with spinosad. Just wipe them out completely, keep clean, and quarantine new stuff.

Mr Blah

we talking veg or flower? I would rotate every 3 days with spinosad then 3 days later Doktor doom Pyrethrin..the spray can 1.
I've always had issues with the spray can and don't use it now. It would dry the hell out of section of plant I sprayed. I used a broad stroke when spraying also.
Which ever method do a good job and take preventive measures after you eradicate.

gmanwho

Veteran
PPK Drain to waste.

PPK Drain to waste.

So if youve been following for awhile by now u probably have noticed i cant stay to long on one thing. unless its really really really solid an bulletproof.

so been messing with teas an trying a slightly different approach to the ppk. a drain to waste soil based ppk.

since i dont have a nutrient analyzer on hand, yet. i figured why not try this approach. a drain to waste ppk. as every time a nutrient flushes thru the medium something is absorbed, an whats not absorbed is left behind. instead of having whats left behind constantly build & circulate, then cause issues/antagonisms , remove it after some use. Now every feed is fresh an " Full ", not striped, and or not in excess of any certain nutrient or nutrients.

still keeping the tailpiece in the lower bucket but with only like 5 inches of water till the float avtivates an drops the water level a little.

the topoff container is full strength.
autotop off still into the working rez.
tea brewer hi air environment, feed from there to the plants.
drips down an back to the yellow bucket which is independently sealed from the main rez.
in the yellow bucket a float valve is set to drain about inch or 2 of the returned nute. always leaving 5-6 inches in the system for the tailpiece to use.

same amount of input. except removing it after one use. if it doesnt work. it will take a few minutes to set back to " normal PPK"

picture.php

picture.php

next step i will be taking the drain an holding it so it can be used in the veg rooms. again, it only has one run thru. there is plenty of nutrient to feed the less demanding vegging plants.

gmanwho

Veteran
Few different radicalegenetics out of michigan im digging. From seed. Found 7 females 5 of them are real solid plants. Ran testers in 2gal promix and half growstone handwatered.

Happy with the way they came out
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Gr33nSanta

I have had thrips for years, I keep them from taking over with weekly application of cucumeris. Cucumeris never win the battle entirely so it's a never ending battle. Thrips do not seem to be as big a problem in the flower room. I never spray anything, I just put up with them, it works for me, sort of.

gmanwho

Veteran
Quite the program man, congrats!

hey hey.. it is always a show. i think the only time it wont be a show is when im 6ft under or a pile of dust. people who visit call me the wonka factory. :) things most likely will have to be cut back as they are possibly changing the laws again. sadly, im still welcoming it... tired lately.

how are things with you?? what you running lately? things are changing so quick.

b well man...

slipdefeu

Nice job :)

Last pics reminds me a lot the mandarina spanish clone of nycd, so close :peacock:
how is the smell of this girl?
vibes

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
hey hey.. it is always a show. i think the only time it wont be a show is when im 6ft under or a pile of dust. people who visit call me the wonka factory. :) things most likely will have to be cut back as they are possibly changing the laws again. sadly, im still welcoming it... tired lately.

how are things with you?? what you running lately? things are changing so quick.

b well man...

Real good buddy, moved out a few miles west to the mountains & played around in some greenhouses for a couple summers. Recently set back up inside, currently 10k but will be making it a 10k flip soon. Pop over to my thread for full gear list, but a lot of the old goodies & running thru a bunch of packs of new goodies.

I’m watching & drooling, Be good man!

Miraculous Meds

Residuals last a quite a while with spinosad.
Shows up in pesticide testing.
Not for smoking.

Doh! Another one bites the dust that I thought was safe to use. Do you know if its safe to use in veg? Ie: how long does it stay in the plant thru testing? got any links? Ill dig and see what I can find.