What's new

Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab

labtec

Thanks vintner for the kind words. That OG Kush only had about 2 weeks veg to.

Here are a few shots of my girls on day 42:

F

fully baked

Labtec, you have inspired me. I want to build a bigger room and get rid of my stealth dresser. Do you feel like the 4 x 4 is big enough, or would a 5 x 5 room fit you a little better?

I wanna do a 400w vertical cmh on top with a 250 w hps on the bottom. I planned on a 5 x 5 x 6 room with 8 ladies around the lights. Any tips or hints you could throw my way would be awesome.

Cheers,
FB

labtec

fully baked thanks. My chamber is actually 42"x42"x73ish". If I would do it again, I would make it atleast 4 ftx4ft if not a little bigger. Since I have the chambers in the basement, I'm able to control the temps pretty good. Although the temps at lights off get a little to cold.

If you're going to do a 400 cmh and a 250 hps, a 4x4x6 would be perfect. Pretty much any setup you make in that size room with those lights you'll have extra room to mess around with. Do you have to use a cooltube. You most likely will have to, and that requires another fan, then you have to design a passive intake for the girls. You should make a modular scrog for each pot just like rip van weed did. That is what I'm going to do on my next run. Any more questions, just feel free to ask anything.

stay baked bro

F

fully baked

Great info. I have some interesting ideas on the design to eliminate the need for a cooltube, but if worse comes to worse, I already have one, and can make another in a jiffy. I want to make the top slanted like a rooftop so the hot air will rise to the center of the cab and this will give a good place to stick my scrubber and fan combo.

The build probably won't start until the fall of 2010, so I'm just gonna sit back, soak up some knowledge from you, and hopefully rock the 250 one more time.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I want to make the top slanted like a rooftop so the hot air will rise to the center of the cab and this will give a good place to stick my scrubber and fan combo.

That's a great idea, like a ridge vent. I bet it won't be long before you see tent mfgs doing this.

labtec

Thanks fully baked. I do like that slanted roof design. That's good that you're starting to design your cab now, so when you get around to building it you'll have tons of ideas to incorporate.

Hey Discobiscuit lets get that band rocking and release an ICmag best hits album.

Picture update on day 45. I'm probably going to be chopping everything in 20 days.
Here's a shot of the 2 week vegged pure kush. These are turning out to be pretty fat nugs.

And here are two shot of the top of my double chamber. It's starting to fill up pretty good in there. As you can see I can get my bare bulb to within 6" of the buds.

FunkyFarmer

Great read labtec!

I wondered about your circulation fan set-up as I had thought of something very similar myself, and have a couple of questions about circfans:
1. Is the hole beneath the fan for air intake?
2. What diameter circulation fan do think is sufficient for a single 600W lamp in a vert like yours? (What sizes are yours, and what speeds do you run them at - any mold probs?)

Rgds, FunkyFarmer

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey Discobiscuit lets get that band rocking and release an ICmag best hits album.

You know, that's possible with a digital network. My stuffs all analog but could be converted.:chin: Do you have a drum machine? Wonder if Skip would object?

Your v grow project has turned into one of (if not) the best under-2000-watt systems out there. Keep on rockin' in the free world, bro.:deadxmas:

C

corkushy

wow havnt been around here latly things are looking awesome.
how are you keeping everything from touching the bulbs tie em back or what?

Kudos +++ for Labtec

labtec

Sorry about the late reply FunkyFarmer. Yes the hole that the fan is sitting into is the air intake. Here is a shot of my unfinished single chamber. As you can see the piece of plywood that is the base is 4" off of the ground. On the single chamber, i then covered the gap on three sides and left a open side on the back. On the double chamber i only covered up 2 sides.

It really depends on what your ambient temps are. In the basement mine are around 63ish, so I can get away with a 14" high speed fan set on low. I have noticed 2 tiny buds with a little rot, or mold, but they were in the middle of the plants where there are tons of spindly buds all over the place. I should have trimmed the back of the plants more because there is tons of those flimsy buds. Well next time.hehe

DiscoBiscuit I do have a set of electronic drums,hehe. What genre of music do you play. I personally play alot of funk, rock, jazz, electronica, and anything really in between. WOW thank for the very kind words. Much appreciated.

corkushy thanks, it is nice to see you around here again. Last night was day 48 so they are coming good. This was my first time using liquid organic fertilizers though, so I didn't feed at full strength for a while and my plants showed it. I've lost alot of my fan leaves as a result. The buds are looking very tasty though, and I've upped the amount of food I'm feeding them. Another lesson learned though, with liquid organics, its better to feed full strength. As for the buds, a few have become slightly bleached, but its mostly the leaves. I do tie them back, and even on a few I tied a string around a couple branches so they wouldn't fall into the bulb. I like to get them as close as possible to the light as i can see that the ones that are, are definitely huge.hehe

Well enough rambling. I hope everyone has a fun holiday season.
:deadxmas:

labtec

Pic update on day 52
I thought I'd post a few pics of my girls. These pics are of a Pure Kush girl. I have 16 more the same size.

Here is a shot of an OG Kush.

Heres a shot looking up at my top 600 shelf, and a shot of the top shelf.

And here is a picture of the bottom chamber. The big girls are OG Kush, and the girls you can't see in the back are small Pure Kush girls.

And finally a shot of the top and bottom levels.

Latest posts

Latest posts