What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hopefully I will have buds coming out of my ass.

Must be nice. All I have are dingleberries.:abduct:

Seriously, the infirmary notes that too wet and too dry conditions may appear similar. As opposed to small waterings, I get better results saturating the entire root zone. Unless the plant is too small for the pot (which I try to avoid.) If it takes longer to dry out, such is life.

labtec

Discobiscuit you are the man. I'm pretty sure it was the heat. I've watered once since then and they were all perky, so it looks like they'll be rocking the rest of the cycle.

I moved the single chamber over and installed some zippers on both chambers. I also put a fan down the middle of both chamber so the intakes get fresh cool air.

Here is a shot from the top looking down.

labtec

bostrom155 thanks, you should try vert, its already badass. I don't really have to worry about height to much, especially since im running mostly pure kush which doesn't stretch to much after you flip them.

DiscoBiscuit it does seem very efficient already, although I can foresee watering being a pain in the ass when the buds start to build up. Right now I take every pot out and bring it to the next room where the drain is so the runoff drains easily.

Over the last few days I've used floromite on all my girls. I did have a decent borg problem, especially in the single chamber, but since I sprayed, all I can see is dead carcasses all over the place. It's awesome.

On the first I'm going to flip them. I have to build a little mom room for the mothers so I can keep some genetics for the next time. I don't even know what design I'm going to use. I do know that when the lights are off, the basement gets pretty cold. I'll have to incorporate some way to maybe use the exhaust as an intake because of the heat. I don't know yet. Any Ideas.

Man,just roll you up a fatty and sit there.it will come to you on what you need to do.it always works for me.:2cents:

By the way,your ladies are looking nice.:joint:

100$ at canadian tire and you got yourself a stand up heater with a thermostat incorparted. but if your temps arent lower than 50 at night dont worry. my room in the winter gets to about 8c at night.

labtec

Thanks for the advice canadiancracker, I was worried about the temp, but the temps never get below 60, so I don't really have to worry.Thanks

NEARTHEBEACHBOY thanks bro. After taking your advice, I decided to build a small 48" x 18" x 32" chamber and use the leftover panda film that I have to make the walls. You're right, smoking herb always jumpstarts the creativity.:respect:

Here's a shot of the new mom room with the plants, light and basic frame, and then a shot when it was completed. I will make a door that flaps over the front.

DAY 1 in flower.

Here's a shot of my single chamber with 5 pure kush's, 3 og kush's, and 1 headband. I'll probably end up putting the tallest pure kush's from the other double chamber into this chamber, then put the second tallest ones on the top of the double chamber, then put these girls on the bottom of the dual chamber.

Then here's a random shot of the big pure kush's.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Looking great, labtec. I'm interested in your exhaust/heater idea. If you're basement temps don't get very low, all the heat from a 600 might make mother cab temps too hot. You could easily rig a manifold and 4" duct off the exhaust. A duct flue can divert just enough heat to make things right.

Another simply way to get a little heat from the flower cab is to locate the mother cab's passive intake close enough to the flower exhaust so it can breath in heated air. Proximity of the mother intake would determine how much heat gets delivered.

If you're basement temps fluctuate considerably, these manual methods might be a pain in the ass. :biglaugh: If that's the case, a thermostat controlled space heater mentioned earlier would do the trick.

Great idea with flower headroom variation. This should really increase your overall efficiency. I'm lucky if I get two plants the same height, lol.

labtec

Thanks canadiancracker.

DiscoBiscuit I vent the exhaust of both my chambers into a closet that is connected with another room. There is already a hole in the sheetrock down by the floor where I think I'm going to rig up an intake into my mom chamber.

aligee thanks for coming by.

It's now the 7th day into flowering for both chambers. I made it easy and started on the first of the month. Here's some shots of the chambers.

And here's a shot of the single 600 watt chamber with 3 Og Kush's, 1 Headband and 5 pure kush's.

This is a shot of one of the girls from my double chamber. Looking good.

labtec

Pic update on day 10 in flowering.I was cleaning off my shelf system and thought I'd take a pic. I brought the girls from the single chamber over and put them on the bottom of this chamber.

Here's a shot of the girls from the top of the double chamber.

And here are two shots of some random girl.

This is great labtec! I cant miss a vert grow.. How much Veg u gonna put on these girls before flowering? More pics, theyre great man10TT

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Looking good man.

I've seen people say that when growing vertical it works out best when the plants are in a fixed location. What could can do is just mark a spot on your pots and make sure it points towards the light so that the positioning is consistent. I'm not sure if rotating really harms the plants, but I buy into the theory. You could always test it both ways.

RipVanWeed

Labtech,

Your plants are looking stellar!

I have a comment, tho you may have a plan in place.

Fabricate some kinda cage around that light

By allowing the foliage so close your shrinking the potential canopy. Kush strains with their stout stems and branching may hold the weight of ripening buds, but with the plants reaching towards the light, some of the heavier branches will fall into the light. Burned bud/fire hazard.

Maybe put wedges under the edge of the pots nearest the light and lean those bitches back.

I'm about to flip my box to flower, I'll share some pics soon.

Respect,

:joint: different strains and all that scissor hash = fubar. lol. looking sweet still bro, watch you plants closly, defiencies start to show around the second week into flowering, fine tune any feeding at first sight and youll have a :woohoo: harvest. keep on keeping on...
take care bro.
CC

labtec

DiscoBiscuit, youre right, the room is a rocking, but you can come knocking if you want.

TenToesTall youre right, vert grows rock. I vegged the big pure kush's pretty much exactly a month. I vegged the other layer of og kush,headband and 6 more pure kush about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm now on day 19 into flower.

catman thanks for coming by, always nice to see you stop by. When I transplanted the clones into the pots I did put a piece of tape so I knew which way to face them. After a few weeks I didnt even need to look for the tape anymore because one side grew more then the other. Yeah I didnt want to rotate them all the time.

RipVanWeed awesome ideas. My original plan was to make a fixed vertical scrog, but decided to just put them in there this time. My next grow is going to be alot like your's. I'm going to only use 6 og kush's in 10 gallon pots in the double light chamber, and do modular vertical screens just like you have.THANKS. I used your idea also of putting wedges under the pots and it worked awesome.thanks again. I'm looking forward to more pics of your setup.

canadiancracker yeah youre right there, multiple strains rocks. I am seeing a little bit of a few deficiencies now. I am using organic nutes at about 1/3 to 1/2 strength. This coming feeding I'm going to jack it up closer to full strength.thanks man, keep on rocking your grow, and ill see you over at your place soon.

labtec

Alright here's some pictures of my girls on day 19 into flowering.
Here's a shot looking down my double bulb chamber.

Then here's some random shots of the girls looking pretty. Some of the leaves at the top of main colas are a little shriveled, but thats just cause they aren't getting tons of light.