What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab

RipVanWeed

Hey Labtec,

I'm right behind you, about 3 weeks. Girls are looking good. I did notice that in the last pic, near the main top, there is some "rams horn" going on. The White Russian that I grow has done that both times I've flowered it.

Before the buds swell it seemed more alarming than it did later. I do admit to a certain degree of fretting.

So I turned to IC Mag and searched, investigated, and read ALOT.

What I came up with was, possible overnute with N (they did seem incredibly dark green), possible overwater (doubtful in my case).

My thoughts went to slightly too warm temps, Rh fluctuations, ventilation fan blowing right at the worst area.

2nd run I slacked the N earlier....no difference. My yield was much better 2nd time, but playing with the N didn't help.

Long run I'd say it's a strain dependent trait. I'm over thinking it here, I just finished trimming my last outdoor Jack Herer...Scissor Hash blows my mind! I smoked all S/Hash as I scraped it off! Racy heart, racy thoughts, good tunes, and a patient hand.

Peace Out,

:-(

Hey labtec,
Your vertical grow is excellent, you really maximised your 150 watt grow, I cannot wait to see what you do with this setup.

Subscribed,
SadSmiley

choch

Great setup you've got! :)

Are you still running all 3 lights at the same time? I'd run the two boxes at opposite times to keep the night temps a little higher and cool the daytime temps back where they were before you added the extra chamber. You may have done that already and I missed it, sorry if that's the case.

Another thing I'd consider regards the dual chamber. I'd change my thinking to consider it a single chamber and design some shelves that do not block any light. If the plants were angled in and grew up in front of the bucket of the plant above it, then the shelve would not be far enough out to block any light at all. You'd also gain enough vertical space to add another shelf of plants.

Just a few thoughts that might give you new options to consider. :)

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Stellar pix my friend. A truly inspirational Vert grow :rasta:
Stay safe n high :joint:

labtec

Harvest thanks for coming by.

RipVanWeed thank you for the info. Yeah I don't know exactly why they do it, I suspect to little light.

:-( , I do miss the old 150 watt days, but this is tons of fun. Dank You.

NEARTHEBEACHBOY I appreciate you coming by boy, thanks.

Black Ra1n I love your setup. Wow your plants look amazing.

DiscoBiscuit I love what you're doing over at your box. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have next for us.

choch thanks for the advice. I do run all of the chambers at the same time. from 9pm to 9am. My next setup is not going to use the shelves. I'm going to run a similar setup as ripvanweed, a modular scrog that I can attach to the pots.

vintner always a treat to see you come by.

bigcat39 thanks for the kind words.

I've got a few shots of my girls on day 29 into flowering. I have noticed a few deficiencies on my lower leaves that I'm trying to remedy. I have fed the last two waterings, and I'm going to feed this next watering also. I use Roots organic buddha bloom at about 10-15 ml a gallon, roots hpk at about 8-10 ml per gallon and liquid karma at about 5-10 ml per gallon.

Here's a shot of the girls in the single 600 watt chamber:

Here's is a shot of the double chamber from the outside:

And here are a couple random shots of the double chamber girls:

Hi Labtec,
If it's possible, could you show a sharp image of one of those cable clamps you're using? I want to use cable instead of jack chain like you have. Really beautiful DIY.
Regards,
Spanishwilly

labtec

DiscoBiscuit thanks for the compliment.

Spanishwilly thanks for coming by. Sorry it took awhile to get these shots up, but here are a few shots of how I attached the sockets to the cable, and how I attached the cable to the floor and ceiling.

And here are a few random bud shots of my Pure Kush girls on day 33 into flower.

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Yeah, those are lookin great labtec :rasta: I love it when they start to pack in the poundage LOL :joint: Stay safe n high :pimp3:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hey labtec,

i like your grow man, very nice. I was wondering why you had not put white reflective plastic around the lower level of the twin chamber. though? Also what do you plan to change around for the next run.

Plants are looking very nice man, not to long to go either.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Hey Labtec :wave: I used to lurk you're thread over in the Micro section and was amazed what you achieved there, now you are here cranking out 1800watts in a vertical setup, broski you don't muck around at all, inspiring stuff. Everything is looking healthy and frosty goodness happening, yeehah :xmasnut:.
Hanging around for the rest of this show, wow from micro to mega :respect:.
Happy Gardening Bro.
Peace.
:eggnog:

labtec

Black Ra1n thanks for the kind words.

Spanishwilly your welcome. anytime.. ive got a few shots tonight, and ill put a few more up within the next few days.

fully baked yeah they are starting to bulk up. From what I hear this strain doesn't produce to much. It will be dank weed, so it doesn't bother me.

vintner yeah hopefully I got some poundage. Thanks for stopping.

~Shhh~ thanks. I overlapped the panda film on the bottom, so it looked like I put black plastic up. I did cut out a portion of the black to get to the white side behind it. My next round I'm going to use bigger plants and use a modular vertical scrog attached to the pots. I am also going to get rid of the shelf system. I will also be trying out dry organic amendments that I'll be adding to the soil, and I'll be watering the girls with blumat's.http://www.thesustainablevillage.com/servlet/display/product/detail/37060

b00m thanks for the kind words. The micro days were very very fun. You should definitely hang around, I'll be posting more pics soon.

Alright here is a shot of an OG Kush on day 39 into flower:

Here is a shot of the bottom of my double chamber. The small girls are Pure Kush plants that I only vegged for 2 weeks. As you can see they don't stretch that much after you flip them. They are also at 39 days here:

Latest posts

Latest posts