What's new

L.A D.A. says ALL Dispensaries Illegal & ALL Will be Prosecuted

S

Sir_Nugget

they had pretty competitve prices. They had a mid-high grade granddaddy purple for 220$ an oz. Pretty sure they had nearly a 50$ 1/8th cap, but real good og.

S

Sir_Nugget

Menu 8-25-2009 kush korner

Ounce Specials
White Widow $325
Dragon Kush $250
True Blueberry $345
Hogs Breath $345

FLOWERS
$20/$55/$110/$215/$405
Fire OG
OG Haze

$20/$50/$100/$190/$365
Purple Ecstasy
White Widow (Special)
Purple Wheelchair
Master Kush

$18/$45/$90/$175/$345
True Blueberry
Hogs Breath (Special)
Dragon Kush (Special)

$18/$40/$80/$155/$295
Orange Krush

Purple Kush Shake
$12/$30/$60/$105/$195
OG Trim
$12/$25/$50/$95/$170

Shake Salad Med Stix $7 each, 3 for $18

Purple Kush Shake Med Stix $8 each, 3 for $20

Blunts $12

CONCENTRATES
1/4g/1/2g /1 g
Afghan Hash $9/$16/$30
Black Gold Full Melt $10/$18/35
Ebony Full Melt $10/$18/$35
Jaras Full Melt $10/$18/$35
Blond Trainwreck $7/$12/$20
Urkle Half Melt $8/$15/$28
OG Half Melt $6/$11/$20

Edibles - $12 ea
Brownies
Cheesecake Brownies
Banana Bread
Captain Crunch and Fruity Pebble Bars
Caramel Corn
Chex Mix

Lolipops $6 ea

Hi Tea (assorted flavors, 2 bags to a box) $10

Dank Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows $8

Dank Crispy Treats $8

E.V.O.O Canna Capsules 3 for $10

Cannabis Rubs and Sprays $20 each $35 for the Pair

paulobaca

My guess (and it is a guess) is that Cooley is referring to People vs. Mentch.

That was not a decision which turned upon the meaning of collective or cooperative, but instead the meaning of who a "Primary Caregiver" is and, more to the point, who is not a "primary caregiver".

Never mind the collective or cooperative and non-profit debate under SB420 or otherwise. A non-patient, to take advantage of that, has to be a Primary Caregiver. If they are not, they cannot shelter under the CUA or SB420.

Mentch
was dealt with as if it interpeted the meaning of Primary Caregiver under both the CUA and SB420. To my eye, it appears that the Supreme Court went too far and essentially applied a definition created by SB420 retroactively to apply the same meaning to the term as it was used in the CUA. This would appear to be judicially dishonest, but...even so, even if the Supreme Court went too far in Mentch, the reality is that the State Supreme Court has the last say on the matter until the legislation (SB420) or the CUA itself is changed.

In other words: even if they are wrong, they are still right in law.

In particular, Mentch held that in order for a someone to be a "primary caregiver" who is able to shelter under the defenses provided by the CUA or SB420,:

"We conclude a defendant asserting primary caregiver status must prove at a minimum that he or she (1) consistently provided caregiving, (2) independent of any assistance in taking medical marijuana, (3) at or before the time he or she assumed responsibility for assisting with medical marijuana."

The relationship is one of close proximity. A spouse, nurse or close family member, generally.

What a Primary Caregiver isn't? It isn't a shopkeeper you walk into and apply to on the spot with a card. Never mind the discussion about collectives, cooperatives or profit not-for-profit. That's wholly secondary to the standpoint of dispensaries. Whether the patient can participate in such a dispensary or not, the owners and bud-tenders cannot claim to be primary caregivers under Mentch. If the defense is not available to them, it does not matter if the patients got together singing Cumbaya every night before having group meetings to discuss how more equitable their Maoist collective could be.

While that might protect the patients, either way, the shopkeeper has no defense under the law as a "primary caregiver".

In short, Mentch means the people running dispensaries who seek to rely upon being a "primary caregiver" as a defense, in the overwhelming majority of cases, are unable to do so.

Thank you for the break down.
This helps to clarify.

PharmaCan

Veteran
Sir Nugget - Thanks for that info.

Their prices were decent, but nothing to write home about.

If you run a few numbers and try to guesstimate what these guys were taking in, they were earning a mediocre to half-ass-decent salary for their efforts, not much more. If they were using co-op paperwork, it seems like they would fit the A.G.'s guidelines for not being a money machine. If that's the case, then Cooley is way out of line going after places like this. Someone needs to file a really big suit against both the City and County of Los Angeles on behalf of a conforming co-op that has been taken down by Cooley. Otherwise, it would appear that Cooley is going to run amok and just take down anyone and everyone.

There has to be some kind of legal remedy for this bullshit. Cooley can't just unilaterally decide that mmj is illegal.

PC

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I don't see Cooley being the DA for L.A. much longer. Only long enough for the first few of these cases to end badly and the lawsuits to begin.

L.A., everyone in politics and law enforcement, needs a serious education on what really 'IS' about cannabis. It's only a lack of education and understanding that makes stupid prick moves like this a reality.

PharmaCan

Veteran
The people who own the dispensaries and co-ops in Los Angeles have got to be really f'ing stupid, really f'ing greedy, or both.

Steve Cooley has publicly announced that all the mmj outlets in Los Angeles are illegal. There is absolutely no way, as a matter of law, that he could know this as a provable fact. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that he refuses to acknowledge that mmj is legal in California and that he is acting in contravention of state law. If this is true, a court order to stop him should be possible.

Which brings us back to the stupid part. If each of 800 D's and co-ops were to give only $200 to a legal defense fund, that would make $160,000 available to hire an attorney to put the brakes on Cooley. If each of the D's and co-ops were to donate only $1,000 to a political action fund, that would give them $800,000 to "influence" the decisions of the Board of Stupidvisors. There are only five Supervisors on the BOS. That's $160,000 to spend on each Supervisor. For that kind of money you can get the Supervisors to come to the ribbon cutting ceremonies for new co-ops for crying out loud.

The L.A. co-op and dispensary owners need to get their shit together and unite to influence the political climate in which they are operating. If they fail to do that, they are just being stupid and greedy in a manner that will ultimately lead to their downfall.

PC

A

Amstel Light

Spoken from the depths where sun never shines.

Thank you for that, really made the thread there.

Your welcome!

what do they already have an organization providing accreditation? Or is it just a free for all? I may the dumbass here that does not know the answer to these questions...But after all the trouble to get it legal then just let the greedy ruin it without self regulating it is.....ADD YOUR OWN WORD HERE

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
...and a buck a month per pothead would generate $180 million per year to finally reverse the idiotic war on some drugs. Money talks, bullshit walks.

A

Amstel Light

The L.A. co-op and dispensary owners need to get their shit together and unite to influence the political climate in which they are operating. If they fail to do that, they are just being stupid and greedy in a manner that will ultimately lead to their downfall.

PC
from statement above I guess they dont have any kind of self regulating organization that makes sure dispensaries are following the law to the letter. so where does the sun shine?

A

Amstel Light

...and a buck a month per pothead would generate $180 million per year to finally reverse the idiotic war on some drugs. Money talks, bullshit walks.
yea well we are talking about something already reversed right? the people that wrote that bill did not forsee this? the dispensaries from what i hear are making bookoo money, they cant spend it to create order and legitimacy ? they deserve to go down...

PharmaCan

Veteran
from statement above I guess they dont have any kind of self regulating organization that makes sure dispensaries are following the law to the letter. so where does the sun shine?

That's all fine and good, but how on earth is one supposed to follow the letter of the law when one doesn't know what the letter of the law is, and when those who make the laws fail to come up with laws that are binding on the drug warriors too?

yea well we are talking about something already reversed right? the people that wrote that bill did not forsee this? the dispensaries from what i hear are making bookoo money, they cant spend it to create order and legitimacy ? they deserve to go down...

No one deserves to go to prison for marijuana - NO ONE!!! That being said, the dispensary owners are idiots for not organizing and lobbying for a safer environment. And I'm not talking about a few old hippies and sick people marching in a demonstration. I'm talking about a savvy lobbyist greasing the wheels in their favor. That's how things are accomplished in our current political environment.

PC

A

Amstel Light

I never thought they would go to jail over it but as i re- read the title of thread....my bad.
well if there was a time to create such a body it is now. Just very hard to believe it was not created yet, and kind of pissed because it could all go to shit real quick if this dick really takes them all down.

pugnacious

I went to my friends dispensary again today. Ive been going there daily just to check up on them. I was vending to them since they opened 2 years ago. I practically fuking work there. He showed me some letters he received by MJ lawyers. I helped him send out some emails to other ones also. Man I pray they make it through this.

Im really worried about these guys. I dont want to see the owner in handcuffs and charged. I feel like there sitting ducks. And some of his staff I dont trust. I think he should start letting go some of them.

That kush korner article really freaked me out.

B

Blue Dot

No one deserves to go to prison for marijuana - NO ONE!!!

Maybe you need to qualify that statement.

NO ONE who grows for their own personal use should ever go to jail.

NO ONE who uses for their own personal use should ever go to jail.

NO ONE who provides others in need at no profit should ever go to jail.

ANYONE who grows in National Parks should go to jail.

ANYONE who sells for a greedy profit to the less fortunate should go to jail.

Just because it's marijuana doesn't mean all the normal rules of society don't apply.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
this guy, i swear,blue dot thinks he is the god of cannabis

who care if someone makes a profit, your crazy as fuck for thinking anyone is going to do anything without making a buck

i don't know what crazy world you live in but in this "normal society" every company that is in existence today makes a profit one way or another.... what normal rules of society are you talking about??? the rules of society in your imaginary la-la land????

I don't think you get it...oh by the way blue dot im out of weed where is your compassion? Im supposed to get some free weed from you since im out.... no charge? right?

zenoonez

Veteran
Maybe you need to qualify that statement.

NO ONE who grows for their own personal use should ever go to jail.

NO ONE who uses for their own personal use should ever go to jail.

NO ONE who provides others in need at no profit should ever go to jail.

ANYONE who grows in National Parks should go to jail.

ANYONE who sells for a greedy profit to the less fortunate should go to jail.

Just because it's marijuana doesn't mean all the normal rules of society don't apply.

How bout people should be able to grow for profit if they want to. MJ is a plant that we have been able to grow since the dawn of time! So it SHOULD BE illegal to grow it Blue Dot? Under what justification should it be illegal? If someone doesn't conform to your warped sense of right and wrong their actions should be illegal? Of course growing on other people's property and in national or state parks should be illegal just like growing anything on other people's property or in state or national parks IS illegal. It isn't your land, you don't own it so growing on it is a no no.

B

Blue Dot

How bout people should be able to grow for profit if they want to. MJ is a plant that we have been able to grow since the dawn of time! So it SHOULD BE illegal to grow it Blue Dot? Under what justification should it be illegal? If someone doesn't conform to your warped sense of right and wrong their actions should be illegal? Of course growing on other people's property and in national or state parks should be illegal just like growing anything on other people's property or in state or national parks IS illegal. It isn't your land, you don't own it so growing on it is a no no.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. You actually just proved my case for me though.

Just as it's illegal to grow in National Parks means people should go to jail if they choose to grow there because I respect our national parks so people who sell for profit under 215 should also.

Look, I think people should be able to grow pot for profit but that would only happen with full legalization AND THATS NOT WHERE WE ARE AT. 215 DID NOT fully legalize pot, like it or not.

When the law is changed I'll change my tune.

zenoonez

Veteran
Sorry I didn't make myself clear. You actually just proved my case for me though.

Just as it's illegal to grow in National Parks means people should go to jail if they choose to grow there because I respect our national parks so people who sell for profit under 215 should also.

Look, I think people should be able to grow pot for profit but that would only happen with full legalization AND THATS NOT WHERE WE ARE AT. 215 DID NOT fully legalize pot, like it or not.

When the law is changed I'll change my tune.

Then maybe you should have qualified your statements? Using prescriptive statements encourages how it SHOULD be not how it SHOULD BE GIVEN THE CURRENT LAWS. Growing in national parks is illegal regardless of what you are growing as far as I know. If it weren't for growing for profit prices in dispensaries would be astronomical. Think about supply and demand when people couldn't sell their excess for a good price. So the only people supplying dispensaries would be people who grow for themselves to treat their conditions and they only grow what they need. So where is the supply of weed to provide the dispensaries?

Latest posts

Latest posts