What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Dime

Look what someone just sent me from the Philippines - my most favourite coffee in the whole wide world - and that's great 👍 - but also difficult - since I was supposed to be quitting coffee due to being diagnosed with atrial fibrillation - and having to have a pacemaker fitted - then a good buddy in SEAsia sends me 1 whole kilo of Dark Roasted Batangas Robusta (medium ground) Coffee -

Should I throw it away? - Should I give it away? -
- or should I just make 🤔 some coffee - and savour this wonderful dark elixir - while I drink it ?

*Here is a pic of half of what was sent -
View attachment 19003359
I quit coffee years ago,I got up one morning and didn't have a cup ,then the next and so on and in a short time I found it was easy to give up and the tiredness and edginess went away as a bonus ..now as far as giving up weed,well I'm not going to get too carried away..

Littleleaf

Veteran
I'm a victim of my own success. Got work stacked 3 high and 7 across. It wouldn't be so bad if the shippers would get the parts to me on schedule. They say the 1/8 of a mile dirt road is impassable. B/S the mail lady does it every day, down 10s of miles of the shitty roads out here....

If I had the cartoon of the grim reaper cutting down a man hanging his self and saying "get to work you lazy Fker" Would be appropriate for this day...

exoticrobotic

If you can dig down yourself to the drain maybe you can fix it yourself if it is a crack or a little hole.

sika waterproof 1 mixed with concrete and sharp sand apparently will fix it cheap as the waterproofer has silicate in it which expands to form a tight molecular lattice inpenetrable to water.

It fixed a fist sized hole in the neck of a clay kitchen U bend drain here.

imiubu

If it gets real bad it will go all the way down your leg to your foot, from your waist to your toes will spasm. That's reason I take a drug called Gabapentin.
Hopefully the treatment your getting keeps thing steady without further complications.
Best of luck "Older Man"

And ladies too perhaps ;)

This post reminded me that for years I suffered this on my right side.
I would get this incredible pain in the center of my butt cheek that
would then extend down the center of my thigh to the back of my
knee. It then twisted around to the outside of my calf and shot down
to my ankle.
It was excruciating and nearly incapacitated me until
miraculously... it would subside. This went on often enough for a
few years that I finally complained to my doc.

I went though a battery of xrays. I was told that my L4- L5 was
very slightly compromised (? don't recall the term) but I had
no damage etc. I do not recall now but I think it was PT
and some exercises to relieve the pain. Laying flat and
pulling my knee to my chest perhaps. Dunno... since there
was no damage to my back, I just dealt with it.

I have not suffered this now for a couple of years.
The only thing I've done differently is to change my diet.
The most obvious result is the loss of body fat of course.
The non scale results are... well... among many is that
I just realized that I no longer suffer that abominable
pain in me arse :D Gonna call that a victory :)

exoticrobotic

And ladies too perhaps ;)

This post reminded me that for years I suffered this on my right side.
I would get this incredible pain in the center of my butt cheek that
would then extend down the center of my thigh to the back of my
knee. It then twisted around to the outside of my calf and shot down
to my ankle.
It was excruciating and nearly incapacitated me until
miraculously... it would subside. This went on often enough for a
few years that I finally complained to my doc.

I went though a battery of xrays. I was told that my L4- L5 was
very slightly compromised (? don't recall the term) but I had
no damage etc. I do not recall now but I think it was PT
and some exercises to relieve the pain. Laying flat and
pulling my knee to my chest perhaps. Dunno... since there
was no damage to my back, I just dealt with it.

I have not suffered this now for a couple of years.
The only thing I've done differently is to change my diet.
The most obvious result is the loss of body fat of course.
The non scale results are... well... among many is that
I just realized that I no longer suffer that abominable
pain in me arse :D Gonna call that a victory :)

I always want to read your posts like a poem @imiubu

L4/L5 issues suck, i'm glad it is ok now.

Does everyone crouch and lean to tend their plants?

I am trying to squat and shuffle.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
has anyone ever heard of this guy?…

not me shaggy

IMG_8923.jpeg

Magu🌈

Look what someone just sent me from the Philippines - my most favourite coffee in the whole wide world - and that's great 👍 - but also difficult - since I was supposed to be quitting coffee due to being diagnosed with atrial fibrillation - and having to have a pacemaker fitted - then a good buddy in SEAsia sends me 1 whole kilo of Dark Roasted Batangas Robusta (medium ground) Coffee -

Should I throw it away? - Should I give it away? -
- or should I just make 🤔 some coffee - and savour this wonderful dark elixir - while I drink it ?

*Here is a pic of half of what was sent -
View attachment 19003359
What if ….. you divided the coffee eaqualy between your best friends and yourself. That way you get the enjoyment of giving them a nice gift and the experience of something that you love so much. But keep a small portion for yourself. Even if you never drink it, you always have it. Just in case. 😇

imiubu

Sorry, I love my daily buzz.

I realized last night that I've not smoked my herb for an entire week.
No real 'reason' other than I don't smoke during the day anymore and
I've been so busy/ physically active that by the end of the day when I
slow down to relax, I'm so pooped out... I'm gonna pass out so... why waste it... maybe?

I do however still consume cannabis daily, I ingest it these days.

Not the same buzz at all... it's rather an over all 'sense of well being
feeling' rather than a head high.
Maybe I'm simply feeding my endocannabinoid system
enough that I do not 'need' the smoking as much. I've been
feeding my head yet not in the same way as smoking?

Dunno, just kinda guessing here based on what little info I've
gathered though the years.
Bonus perhaps (?)... I do use a lot less of my flowers these days :)

imiubu

Don't know if you folks have a need for stackable strainers, but here are several you can choose from to achieve your results.

One could also solder their own screens if industrious enough... 500 mesh is pretty fine.

2-500M Round 304 Stainless Steel Lab Sieve Aperture Standard Sifters Shakers Kitchen Flour Powder Filter Screen Soil Strainer

View attachment 19003273

The rims and the mention of soldering your own screens on got me to wondering
if those quick release cake baking pans would work? Just pop off the bottom
of the pan and solder the screen on. :unsure:

I've been a 'thrifter' now for 50 years and am always looking for items to 'upcycle'
for different purposes than the original :)

imiubu

The key to Firefox is going in and personalizing the settings. Do not let them suggest anything. Kill all browsing history (there are Firefox add ons). And don't send them any information, anonymized or not. A much better experience that way. And I use duck duck go for searches. Similar results as google, without the tracking. Get rid of everything else other than allowing suggesting Bookmarks. And be aware that nearly every time there is an update, however, they will try to "revert" you back the way "they" want it. So you have to remember to go in and put them back your way. I tried Brave for a few days and discarded it pronto. It was way too clunky, and caveman for me.
I use and do the same.
Nice clean experience imho.

SubGirl

420club
I always want to read your posts like a poem @imiubu

L4/L5 issues suck, i'm glad it is ok now.

Does everyone crouch and lean to tend their plants?

I am trying to squat and shuffle.
I sit in the tiny space between my tent door and the hot water heater in my utility room. I try to have everything down there before I get started so I don’t have to get up for anything. Now getting up is a whole nuther thing. 🤪

SubGirl

420club
The rims and the mention of soldering your own screens on got me to wondering
if those quick release cake baking pans would work? Just pop off the bottom
of the pan and solder the screen on. :unsure:

I've been a 'thrifter' now for 50 years and am always looking for items to 'upcycle'
for different purposes than the original :)
I was searching in my kitchen and thought of that too. I don’t even use that pan but have one for some reason. It’s a good size too.

exoticrobotic

I sit in the tiny space between my tent door and the hot water heater in my utility room. I try to have everything down there before I get started so I don’t have to get up for anything. Now getting up is a whole nuther thing. 🤪

All this bending and up n down, i'd love it all at table top height.

You are lucky to be able to sit. I dont have the room for chairs and such things, I can't even access the side panels of the tent without some minor abseiling off the eaves and simultaneous leg box tetris.

I have to be on all 4s and stretch to water the back plants which is awful on the lower back.

So I have since gotten a 1 litre glass jar that means i can decant the 5 litres into 5 seperate 1litre goes which is a lot easier on the back combined with the squat n shuffle :D

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you can dig down yourself to the drain maybe you can fix it yourself if it is a crack or a little hole.

sika waterproof 1 mixed with concrete and sharp sand apparently will fix it cheap as the waterproofer has silicate in it which expands to form a tight molecular lattice inpenetrable to water.

It fixed a fist sized hole in the neck of a clay kitchen U bend drain here.
I have dug down to the drain and can see the break, which I'm more than capable of fixing it myself, but I choose not to do so because of my lower back and how bad it smells. That may change when I see the bid.

It appears to have been leaking for a while and the soil around it reeks from all the kitchen nutrients in the soil in concert with the aroma of attendant bacteria harvesting them. The street end of the broken sink lateral is also venting gas from the city sewer

I scrubbed my hands twice after digging and bailing with hot water and soap, using a brush and they still stank so bad that I bathed them in apple cider vinegar, before scrubbing them again.

It's cast iron and I suspect it got broken when our 120-year-old Douglas Fir blew over about four years ago.