KINGDOM: platae

DIVISION: magnoliophyta

CLASS : magnoliopsida

ORDER : rosales

FAMILY : cannabaceae

GENUS : cannabis

SPECIES : cannabis INDICA

oh and the bubba kush is a hybrid of bubble gum x kush

the bubble gum is a sat/indi hybrid so this makes the bubba kush NOT a pure kush, pre- 98 or after. its also one of simon's of serious seeds 5 master strains and i know her well; the bubble gum that is.

look it up for yourselves, and you DARE call me out? puppies!

vandelay

CHIMERA I am honoured to have you drop in on my thread nice field of dreams you have their.

bocil fucking nice looking plants you got their thanks for shairing.

prob23 socal master kush that sounds like a clone. I can only get seeds on clones

whadeezlrg this og your talking about would the og#18 be the same thing?

Adrift coffee that sounds real nice thanks for the pic

forty cant say i like the look of that mate

A

astra007

forty

forty

that looks like "pressed weed" is it? if it is, do you shread it after processing or just cut and grind?

alberta, canada was famous for seeded bud that was crushed into thin sheets and then layered akin to a "brick". sask. also with the mighty mite strains. i got my seeds from all over the world and by travelling. a lot of great stuff from the west coast of america. did you know that many of the dutch strains originated in canada and the u.s.a.

for example the Northern Lights

Last edited:
A

astra007

red rep from "self" - check what facts? i hate members who do not explain themselves and too lazy to check my information. the bubba kush has sativa in it; just look at the leaf structure. its still my favorite kush other then my own blue kush.

as for the BC bud; its amazing that over 500 lbs a month was shipped to the usa from my group from the southern interior. your right in its crap weed but the americans love that pure green stuff. we keep the good stuff for ourselves. and you are still buying it, maybe its the no seed thing.

Last edited:

self

okay, this doesn't really need to be done, because just the slightest bit of searching should tell you basically the same thing, but some of this info is scattered, so Ill try to break it down as I know it.
"Kush" basically means two different things right now in the cannabis world.
The true, or traditional use of "Kush" is a broad term to describe any strains originating in the hindu kush region. Generally, these are heavy indicas with broad leaves and low growth, as has already been said in this thread. They tend to smell like coffee, or skunk, or tire, although some phenos will put out more fruity or berry like smells.
These are all landraces or local cultivars in their place of orgin, but many seeds arrived during the 70's with imported hash or brick in europe, canada, and america (concentrated in california).
These seeds, from true kush parents, went on to form the basis of many of the dutch and californian strains of the 70's, 80's and 90's on to today.
The "true" hindu kushs available today are either hybrids of some of these hierloom indicas, or seed collected more recently in the region (someone else can perhaps explain the soviet invasion and occupation of afghanistan and its significance for hindu kush cultivars? ;) ) maple leaf indica would be a good example I think, as well as PCK, among others.

now, on to the OG mess...
Of the many strains selected and created by farmers during this period in california, one was a mix of an old world pakistani kush and a lemon thai. I'm not going to track down all the dates and names and places, because its out there, but basically this paki kush/lemon thai was crossed to the infamous chemdog, making the legendary OG kush (yes, it means ocean grown). OG kush became insanely popular, especially in the socal area where OG was commonly misconstrued as "original gangster", during the gangster rap days of 90's (rip pac&big). Someone should probably say something about the power of branding here, but i'm not going to go into it. OG kush is clone only, so hybrids, fakes, and bad s1s abound. Eventually "kush" which represents 1/4 of the OG parentage, comes to stand for great weed, and now its slapped onto all kinds of strains even if they only have a shred of kush, or even a shred of OG kush in them (a shred of a 1/4)...
bubba kush is a similar story, but at least its OG kush crossed with west coast dog, which has some more probably-hindu kush-sourced indica crossed with chemdog and then worked down the line for chemdawg & indica traits. So bubba probably has one hindu kush grandparent on each side, bred with chemdog.
making it pretty much what you're looking for.
hope that clarifies a little,
self

BadRabbit

got the O.G. kush from humbolt county and thats what they told me so i guess this mental midgit from canada grew false genetics from one of the most respected sites in north america. im not going to agrue; from such superior intellects and know it alls.

get a dictionary, look up the word "sarcasm" and let it soak in nice and long.

A

astra007

self

self

thank you for your information and there are conflicting remarks here. i was formally a biker and rode the BC - CALI trail. when i was in humbolt county in the 70's, i was given seeds and told they were OG kush with abit of infomation = hence the ocean grown.

as for the bubba kush i have bred my own using a pre 90 kush and serious seeds bubblegum direct from simon himself and its identicle to the bubba kush of today. you had to pick the right pheno of course. i believe the bubble gum of indiana was used to make the bubba kush of yesteryear. chemdawg was not even around at that time or if he was; he was unknown to me in the west.

so maybe we can agree on: who the fuck REALLY knows? you may be totally correct and im wrong. but the bubba = bubblegum. as for the true kush = it was a mountain hashplant and my cousin brought seeds back from there.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
vandelay- I run a pheno of og 18 that a buddy of mine found, it is a very good representation of the real deal og, also dont get too focused on the "lemon" smell of the lemon pinesol og is soo often described as...the real deal is heavy on the pinesol side with an underlying bitter lemon peel smell/ aftertaste...it's some great stuff although i believe the original clones to be a notch above. fire, sfv, tahoe, larry, are all good legit og's to keep an eye out for.

...trust man og is truly great, if not i would have givin up my 3+ year search for a legit cut a long time ago...california is the home of the hyped up kush...the only reason the hype hasn't died in the last 10+ years is that the shit is just that good.

R

Raw_Dog

There's no looking it up astra... Have you smoked the bubblegum? No reflection of bubba to me, stop breaking down names and putting it back together again. Bubba must be bubblegum right? It's kush right? So it's bubblegum x kush right? WRONG.

Blaze215

True Kush

True Kush

Here's a shot of Pakistani Chitral Kush from seed ordered direct from Cannabiogen via SB:

picture.php

Will be looking for a keeper mom and a dad for some breeding projects. Am looking for a true SFV OG Kush mom to hit with some pollen. That should result in an interesting mix.

A

astra007

bubblegum

bubblegum

have i smoked it? yes, both the indiana original strain and simon's of serious seeds bubble gum. i have also used it to bred with. i crossed the bubble gum with inca spirit to create what i call breeze and have it stable as a F5. the inca spirit is a near pure sativa that fully flowers in 7 weeks; from peru. putting names together; you really are a putz are you not? this was common practice for years to show the common heritage of the strain like blue widow or white rhino. i also know the genetics of the bubba kush; keep posting as it only shows your arrogence and your ignorance. do you know what rhino is? how about durban or double dutch chocolate chunk?

try LEAFLY or the URBAN DICTIONARY; i just googled bubba kush, go back to school raw dog and leave the pro's alone.

Blaze; the strain CHITRAL was out long before the kush tag. nice but bland

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
red rep from "self" - check what facts? i hate members who do not explain themselves and too lazy to check my information. the bubba kush has sativa in it; just look at the leaf structure. its still my favorite kush other then my own blue kush.

as for the BC bud; its amazing that over 500 lbs a month was shipped to the usa from my group from the southern interior. your right in its crap weed but the americans love that pure green stuff. we keep the good stuff for ourselves. and you are still buying it, maybe its the no seed thing.

its for the pocket book, buy cheap. sell to people that cant afford top notch , millions of them in this economy, $$$$$. same with the mex imports, theres always a market for cheap. in my area i couldent give either of them away.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
this is my og, @ around 45 days of flower
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

and some las vegas purple kush
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

my only point is this: above are examples of what the majority of people consider to be "kush" although it's obvious they're hybrids. Is it because of a lack of research on the behalf of potheads that have more to do with their time than be weed nerds like all of us? lets face it even the news has scare tactics involving "the ultra high potent KUSH variety of marijuana" and "Kush" no longer represents it's true definition of a variety of cannabis grown in the hindu kush region...it represents the OG, the bubbas, master's...hell, even the rare occurrence of a good hindu kush which tends to be flavorless like a hashplant

some folks like smoking shwag...josey got it dead on....just cuz people buy it dont make it good

Last edited:

self

thank you for your information and there are conflicting remarks here. i was formally a biker and rode the BC - CALI trail. when i was in humbolt county in the 70's, i was given seeds and told they were OG kush with abit of infomation = hence the ocean grown.

as for the bubba kush i have bred my own using a pre 90 kush and serious seeds bubblegum direct from simon himself and its identicle to the bubba kush of today. you had to pick the right pheno of course. i believe the bubble gum of indiana was used to make the bubba kush of yesteryear. chemdawg was not even around at that time or if he was; he was unknown to me in the west.

so maybe we can agree on: who the fuck REALLY knows? you may be totally correct and im wrong. but the bubba = bubblegum. as for the true kush = it was a mountain hashplant and my cousin brought seeds back from there.
I'll agree to disagree, :good:
but I don't think anyone on this site will agree with you that OG kush is circa 1970's, just as I don't think anyone will agree that it doesn't have chemdog in it. heck, some people say OG is just an s1 bagseed found in a bag of chemdog.
og does not taste or smell like a true kush, more like rotten lemon pinesol imho.
as for bubblegum...:blowbubbles:

Last edited:
S

stickey fingers

CALI KUSH

CALI KUSH

OLD GANGSTER !!! out of so CAL the stuff that will pell you're skin
right off you're face !!!
FUCK all the historical bullshit, i want TAHOE :D
lemon karosine funk that cauases fires in the head
the problem with this thred and kush in general is this,
the haves and have NOTs !!! most people dont know kush