What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krunchbubble's Doubleds MPB buckets....

C

Cheeb

wanna-be rubbermaids? lol

Hardly - strong boxes are awesome and shit all over any rubbermaid I've came across.

Home Depots around here let em go for only $12/each.

Makes me wanna go stock up on them before the word gets out and HD raises their prices on them.

Testing these monster making machines under a smaller scale horizontal light wouldnt be much of a test at all. Its not even in the same book.

Keep them loaded with oxygen and fast moving water at no higher then 68F and you should be in good shape. I've ran Dutch Master ZONE in highly aerated reservoirs that were CLEAR and had zero problems with nasties and root rot. I dont think nasties can grow below 68F with the addition of a sterilizing product like Zone or Physan 20.

Keep up the awesome work Krunch. Best of luck with your legal bullshit.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Dear krunchbubble,

It is hard for me to believe that you spent $2,000 on a few wannabe-black rubbermaids, fittings, pumps and crap... You say a fitting cost you $250...??? Is the guy who sold you that fitting, the same guy who sold the Eskimo an icicle??? (jk) It is no mystery to me why you got root rot, your lids were white.. For a myriad of reasons that is a really bad idea... Your persistence will pay off though. In the end you will come out an expert, and that could be worth the $10,000-$100,000 it took to become an expert...

Dealing with a ton of water can be a bitch, very tiring, and I know that 1x 1000w can make a plant suck up a good 50 gallons a week in DWC if done right.. All I can say is, you could have made things easier if you tried out this system on a miniature scale first... Like a 4x4 tent w/ a 600w horizontal and a 4x black bucket recirculating bubbler system... Get all the kinks run out on the smaller scale, then bring it to the big time.. too late now though... you learned the expensive way big timer

damn dude, you haven't a clue what your talking about. here, let me educate you a little, boy......

spent more then $2000 , you should read the whole thread. the pumps and air stones alone were close to $700, add a tri meter and chiller, close to $2000....

i said i didn't get the $250 fittings, i used cheap ppi fittings, you should read the thread.....

the lids are yellow dude, i got rot from using the same mixing pump in the mpb res and my coco room, benny's from the coco did it.....

i don't do things on a small scale, i go all out. if your going to do it, do it right.....

and it didn't take $10-$100k for me to become an expert........not that i am an expert, but im close.....

next time you try to talk out of your ass, at least clean it a little so we don't smell it..........

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
can't wait to see you do a proper run now that you know what you're doing with these. you're gonna kill it. you'll dig out of your legal hole in no time with these MPBs

mrdizzle

I always wonder what drives a person to chime in with some bullshit all-mighty comments pulled directly out of their ass?

new run looks great krunch, are you planning on some cages, it really helps support the weight of the plants, otherwise the stem is stressed and the plant will start to lean and could rip some of the roots in the top bucket, the cages also are great for training your plant and are easy to tie things too

I wanted to suggest hydrofungicide also, I started using it about 14days ago in my room that had a brown algae problem since week two. the roots hitting the water are completely white and healthy looking again, its blowing my mind. Even physan20 didnt clean the roots off like this shit does. I was using bleach too, but still got the brown algae. This hydro fungicide is really something special, I cant say enough about it

krunchbubble

Veteran
I always wonder what drives a person to chime in with some bullshit all-mighty comments pulled directly out of their ass?

new run looks great krunch, are you planning on some cages, it really helps support the weight of the plants, otherwise the stem is stressed and the plant will start to lean and could rip some of the roots in the top bucket, the cages also are great for training your plant and are easy to tie things too

I wanted to suggest hydrofungicide also, I started using it about 14days ago in my room that had a brown algae problem since week two. the roots hitting the water are completely white and healthy looking again, its blowing my mind. Even physan20 didnt clean the roots off like this shit does. I was using bleach too, but still got the brown algae. This hydro fungicide is really something special, I cant say enough about it

today i am going to cage them and panda the buckets.

the chemkush i had, the stem literally split in half at the bucket! it was like 2 having two plants. both stems were as big as my wrist. it needed the support of the cage for sure....

where do you get the hydro fungicide? i remember looking for it, but couldn't find it.....

krunchbubble

Veteran
i decided to kill the lavenders, they just weren't taking off like i wanted. so i replaced it with a bubbajack or bubblejack, dont remember.....smoked some yesterday, liked it and it is supposed to be a real big producer.

the C99's in this grow are from mosca btw.....

215forLife

KB btw I think what strangled your plants the first time around was fusarium. It seems a few people around are getting "sudden plant death syndrome". It's a fungi that attacks a plant systemically.

Anyways good to see you are keeping em rolling. Nice to see a good dog stay in the fight!

Live Long and Smoke Proper!

krunchbubble

Veteran
had to do a system water change today....

had to use three different nutrient companies to mix my res. only had a little bit of h@g left, had to use dynagrow grow, ran out and had to add some gh, lets see how this goes......

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Just read this whole thread and I do believe Ive found the method Im going to try (or similar) for my new grow spot. Thanks to KB for the thread.

There's a lot of posts on this thread about "root rot/brown slime". I can say for sure that pythium and slime algae are completely different issues and are not treated the same at all. Brown slime algae is IN YOUR TAP WATER. RO filtering does not remove these spores completely. Pythium, however, is in the air and is activated by low DO and high water temps. Brown slime doesn't care about either of those issues. High DO and perfect water temps will still allow brown slime to thrive. It is activated by organic matter (food) in the water and is sent into overdrive by enzymes and carbs. These two nasties should not be confused. Bleach and H202 are ineffective against brown slime. I think brown slime was KB's issue in this particular grow.

Run a very small maintenance dose of Physan20 if you want to run completely sterile. Only a few ml per hundred gallons will do the trick. Nothing escapes the Physan.

Last edited:
S

snoopytime

Just read this whole thread and I do believe Ive found the method Im going to try (or similar) for my new grow spot. Thanks to KB for the thread.

There's a lot of posts on this thread about "root rot/brown slime". I can say for sure that pythium and slime algae are completely different issues and are not treated the same at all. Brown slime algae is IN YOUR TAP WATER. RO filtering does not remove these spores completely. Pythium, however, is in the air and is activated by low DO and high water temps. Brown slime doesn't care about either of those issues. High DO and perfect water temps will still allow brown slime to thrive. It is activated by organic matter (food) in the water and is sent into overdrive by enzymes and carbs. These two nasties should not be confused. Bleach and H202 are ineffective against brown slime. I think brown slime was KB's issue in this particular grow.

Run a very small maintenance dose of Physan20 if you want to run completely sterile. Only a few ml per hundred gallons will do the trick. Nothing escapes the Physan.

Hmm interesting, I see you experimented & took the plunge with running Physan and letting the plants stay in it lol. Up until several months ago, nobody had (written about) trying this yet, it was always 'douche them out, then drain & refill'. So 'a few ml' for a 100 gallons is how many? like 2? 3? Why I am asking is so I can figure out how many for 20 gallons lol. At the moment I switched back to Hydro-Fungicide, I will see how it does. It seemed to get rid of my nasty mess, I used it for 6 days at full blast stregnth then got paranoid & threw in 5ml bleach & went to 2ml bleach a day. Now that new stuff is growing I'm gonna give Hydro-Fungicide a fair shake in its 'maintenance' amount.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Hmm interesting, I see you experimented & took the plunge with running Physan and letting the plants stay in it lol. Up until several months ago, nobody had (written about) trying this yet, it was always 'douche them out, then drain & refill'. So 'a few ml' for a 100 gallons is how many? like 2? 3? Why I am asking is so I can figure out how many for 20 gallons lol. At the moment I switched back to Hydro-Fungicide, I will see how it does. It seemed to get rid of my nasty mess, I used it for 6 days at full blast stregnth then got paranoid & threw in 5ml bleach & went to 2ml bleach a day. Now that new stuff is growing I'm gonna give Hydro-Fungicide a fair shake in its 'maintenance' amount.

For 20gal, use 2 or 3 drops. It is extremely potent product! The foam will come quickly and show you its working. The Strange Slime thread linked to throughout this thread was spearheaded by richyrich and myself over the last couple years trying to figure out exactly how to get rid of this brown slime stuff. I now RO and UV all of my plant water and it's working well. Running Physan as a preventative will absolutely keep your system sterile. Whether you get any byproducts into your plants I don't know and stuff like that is a personal choice for a grower to consider.

Ive never used HydroFungicide so I can't comment on it.

Brown slime algae doesn't care about light leaks either since it is not an actual algae. Itll grow in the dark.

S

snoopytime

Hey thanks ItsGrowTime! Yeah I am familiar with that thread, I read it many times earlier in the year and followed the progression. I will remember 2-3 drops for a sterile number if I need to try it in the future.

Latest posts

Latest posts