What's new

Krunchbubble's Doubleds MPB buckets....

toastfighter2

At this point you could duct tape bamboo poles to the outside of the buckets, and tie the branches up. It would be a pita to do for each one, but standing plants back up after they topple over isn't easy either. I am sure it would make you a lot less tempted to go in there with a hedge trimmer.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Krunch...

Could you see using the bloombastic in the mpb's.

mc

me and my boy, who owns a hydro store, were tying to find a product that could be used as an smell or flavor enhancer for the mpb system. we could not find one! they are all organic based. , running a dead rez, i cant use anything organic, im just wasting my money....

we were thinking bloombastic, but the dead res will kill most of whats in there, pretty much only the aminos and pk booster would be left....

if your not running a dead rez, the bloombastic would be the shit.......

mcattak

me and my boy, who owns a hydro store, were tying to find a product that could be used as an smell or flavor enhancer for the mpb system. we could not find one! they are all organic based. , running a dead rez, i cant use anything organic, im just wasting my money....

we were thinking bloombastic, but the dead res will kill most of whats in there, pretty much only the aminos and pk booster would be left....

if your not running a dead rez, the bloombastic would be the shit.......

Thanks...

E

el Dream Reader

fox farms cha ching is a good bloom enhancer, It gives the plants a very nice smell. It will extend the ripening phase by a week and it has to be flushed for a good amount of time to prevent chem taste, but it works.

onegreenday

Veteran
you can order hydro-fungicide online from homegrown hydroponics in canada this is where dd gets his. also he uses stim root 5000 liquid now instead of roots excelerator he thinks it does a better job at 1/5 the price. hydro-fungicide use 1/2 ml per litre once a week.

DNF HYDRO SPARKLE 1L

FORMERLY HYDROFUNGICIDE, SAME GREAT PRODUCT, NEW NAME The product of the 21st Century Water Based Biological Root Zone Therapy Use weekly to keep reservoir sparkling and promote a healthy root zone and daily to clean up a problem reservoir. Ensure DNF Hydro Sparkle is in contact with the whole root zone. Do not use in conjunction with other root zone treatments, stimulants or preventatives.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Krunch, I've seen a few of your grows, and I must say, I'm always impressed! Looks like you had quite an experience with those MPB's! I've ran Bio-Buckets before, in a basement, no chiller, just a waterfall and a fan, with the res in an adjoining room. I've had successful runs and I've had an utter failure, at least you'll be harvesting the ChemKush and have a lot of experience in what works for you in this type of system. The next run will be immaculate I'm sure.

I've lots of experience with bennies in hydro, the Bio-Buckets gave me a lot of that. I'm able to run temps between 65-75 F, depending on what the ambient temp in the basement is. I use lava rock for my medium, allows for alot of area for the bennies to grow/live. I have a 12" waterfall with a small Blizzard fan blowing directly on the area where the waterfall breaks the water, it oxygenates and cools the water, as well as introducing the beneficial bacteria from the air into the water. As it stands right now, I'm kinda interested in building a smaller Bio-MPB setup, to see how that would work (or not). I think if I could get the beneficials right, and the temps in check, that I could do it. Tinkering and refining stuff is always interesting to me. ;)

Oh yeah, I meant to add, I've done many different things to prevent light from getting into the buckets, including silver duct tape, reflectix and panda. Most recently, I painted black buckets and the 6" black lid/netpot combo with Krylon Fusion white paint, after properly preparing the plastic (wiping down with either strong alcohol or acetone) and masking the inside of the bucket, the underside and inside of the lid/netpot. The Fusion paint chemically bonds with the plastic, I've yet to see any chips in the paint I put on over a year ago. I call them "Panda Buckets". :tiphat:

For the yellow lid, I'd probably paint it black first, to totally lightproof it, then white for reflection of light/heat away. It might not be feasible on the system you have built now, but might be an option for the expansion if you decide to build it. A combo of reflectix and silver duct tape might be the best thing for the current system, to lightproof and insulate it from ambient room temps. It'll also help your chiller to run a little less. Every little bit helps. :ying:

Either way, good luck on the next grow man. I'm sure with your experiences from this time that you'll knock the next one outta the park! :wave:

Peace...

BudGood

ResinGoat

as you already know, i too have found out the Home Depot Strong/Tough Box's are NOT lightproof. I even sprayed mine with the fusion spray paint, it definitely needs a 2nd and 3rd coat. Heads up to all my brothers.

D

DHF

Moment of silence for Krunch.........Nobody that`s legal in a med state needs popped for doin their job.........Respect Bro....

Sorry bout all the bullshit and havin ta listen to folks tellin yas bout burned out brake lights with a defective wiring harness.......

Had the same shit happen ta my jeep couple yrs back....

Stay strong........all things come to pass......

Peace...DHF.........:ying:......

Neo 420

Veteran

I noticed when I put in my clones the tuff box was transparent. Mylar like bubble wrap did the trick!!!

BudGood

Veteran
as you already know, i too have found out the Home Depot Strong/Tough Box's are NOT lightproof. I even sprayed mine with the fusion spray paint, it definitely needs a 2nd and 3rd coat. Heads up to all my brothers.

Thats why I paint buckets black if they aren't already, then white. Black stops the light from coming in, but absorbs heat, so I paint it white on top of the black so it reflects heat/light away. I call em "Panda Buckets". :D

Sorry bout all the bullshit and havin ta listen to folks tellin yas bout burned out brake lights with a defective wiring harness.......

What is that supposed to mean? We're offering ADVICE to anyone reading about krunch getting busted, not saying "Gee, you should've done this or that". Nobody, except for you, has taken it the wrong way. Seriously, get a grip... :wallbash: :snap out of it:

D

DHF

Never said anything to you.........but if I had it`d be somethin to the effect of who the fuck are you to interpret what I mean in my posts other than what I type........

Not in the habit of backin down from kids and their stoner opinions........

KB......Hope all works out.......DHF......

BudGood

Veteran
Never said anything to you.........but if I had it`d be somethin to the effect of who the fuck are you to interpret what I mean in my posts other than what I type........

Not in the habit of backin down from kids and their stoner opinions........

Thus why I asked "What does that mean?", but it was pretty damn obvious what you meant. Forget it... :moon:

Far from a kid, assumptions are the mother of all fuckups. Have a nice day. :tiphat:

onegreenday

Veteran

I noticed when I put in my clones the tuff box was transparent. Mylar like bubble wrap did the trick!!!

I just discovered the HD tough box (holds 750 lbs) and it beats other big box boxes; real tough.

I been runnin with the light penetrating through the yellow lid (kind of diffuse light)
and the roots look fine & growth has been good but I may cover
it up to get it nice & dark in the rezervoir.

I read light can mess with the micronutrients at the Flairform hydro paper.

The foil looks good and black & white poly film would work.

The black & white paint job's ok too but may be less 'green' environmental with all the spraying.

I'm using the tough box for:
1: 15 site spray clone chamber with 15 sites and a clear dome if (got 95% humidity overnight with the dome) running 5 sprayers (from Lowe's irrigation dept. aqua color spinners) and they cover the 15 sites with fine spray from 400 gph active aqua pump

2. building a recirculating aero/spray boxes with 4 plants in each
tough box

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
those MPB buckets look awesome...cant wait to see how that chemkush turns out

It came out
awesome! Super crystaled out and really kushy. Harvested close to 1 3/4 lb's, not bad for a low yielding strain. Will be doing mpb buckets for now on......