What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krunchbubble Plays With LED's...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Plants are off to the races! Raised the lights a few days ago, will have to raise them again here soon...

Added an active intake to the tent and will be setting up a watering system here soon using octobubblers, I cant see the pots anymore to water them...

The MUCH NEEDED lenses that will spread the light out more wont be here till next week. Right now im constantly rotating plants on the edges and I cant get to one in the far back right corner, so one side of the plant is suffering....

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Looks great!

I have the same tent in a 4 x 4. I hate the way only one side opens on it, I catch my foot and almost trip a lot-that little bit of circle at the bottom right.

I'm interested in the Octobubblers.

eyes

Veteran
led look nice and the heat factor is attractive but the cost totally negates any investment. Costs far too much to get started with these lights. When the price comes down, then I would possibly look into trying one out.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks fuckin perfect as usual man. You can really see that back right one is short this is great info for us. I hope the lens fixes this issue and I think it is really cool that the company has lens options. If you can get us any info on how the two lenses differ in spreading the light that would really cool for our LED nerds to split apart for us to understand.

DunHav`nFun

Well Krunch.....I`ve been lurking and wondering why there weren't 4 lights in a square tent , but all these umols and par ratings are above my old ass pay grade......I know this....

320 x 4 is 1280 actual watts produced and above the 1250 needed @ 50 per for 5 x 5 that I`ve always worked off of with bare bulbs , but your lights have no reflection issues like horizontal HID fixtures that are used to 62.5 watts per sq ft using conventional 1K`s over 4 x 4 tables/areas ....that said....

The times they are a changing , and at some point in the game SOMEBODY will come up with cost effective across the board equipment that even Joe Q Stoner can afford , it`s just not now ...

Thanks for the show Krunch , and hope you get things dialed in and producing accordingly....You da man....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

Last edited:

krunchbubble

Veteran
Well Krunch.....I`ve been lurking and wondering why there weren't 4 lights in a square tent , but all these umols and par ratings are above my old ass pay grade......I know this....

320 x 4 is 1280 actual watts produced and above the 1250 needed for 5 x 5 I`ve always worked off of with bare bulbs , but your lights have no reflection issues like horizontal HID fixtures that are used to 62.5 watts per sq ft using conventional 1K`s over 4 x 4 tables/areas ....that said....

The times they are a changing , and at some point in the game SOMEBODY will come up with cost effective across the board equipment that even Joe Q Stoner can afford , it`s just not now ...

Thanks for the show Krunch , and hope you get things dialed in and producing accordingly....You da man....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

Thank you very much sir!

Have been contemplating buying another LED to have 4, but then its getting really expensive retail wise...

Plus im aiming for 1 gram a watt, and yielding 1280 grams out of a 5X5 tent would be record breaking and unheard of, even the 900 something watts im working with will be VERY difficult to hit that 1 gram a watt threshold....

krunchbubble

Veteran
Did I mention how STRONG the stems of the leafs and the actual leaves are?

I cant just rip off a fan leaf like everyone is used to, the leaf is like fused with the stem and it wont rip off with any kind of pulling, leafs HAVE to be cut off....

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I cant just rip off a fan leaf like everyone is used to, the leaf is like fused with the stem and it wont rip off with any kind of pulling, leafs HAVE to be cut off....

Heh, yeah one of the reason I was willing to take the dive and buy some to test if they fail to meet the market they would at minimum be awesome veg lights.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran

i have noticed that too
though i am not growing under the industrial grade lamps like you are... i am just vegging under x3 Amare SS150ES

I think they (the plants) like the strong beams

aloha

krunchbubble

Veteran
i have noticed that too
though i am not growing under the industrial grade lamps like you are... i am just vegging under x3 Amare SS150ES

I think they (the plants) like the strong beams

aloha

I was looking at Amare's and would of went with them if I didnt find Starlite...

krunchbubble

Veteran
Earlier this week, I installed an active intake. Bringing the temps down in the tent, to whatever it is outside, the LED's have ZERO EFFECT in the way of heat now!

Yesterday I installed the water system and trellis....

Very simple system using Octobubblers. One of the octobubblers has most of the drippers tied off because I dont have enough plants..

krunchbubble

Veteran
Plants are supper healthy, I mean REALLY, REALLY healthy, they like this light they are getting....

rykus

Looks super nice and full,Always a good sign IMO!

Thanks again krunchbubble for taking one for the team, looks like it might be a winner!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Those plants do look super awesome!! I use LED's myself, and have also noticed the super strong petiolies , shit even the main stem and branches are a lot more rigid.

I can't wait to see the buds these things make. If your buds turn out the way I think they are . I will have to link a member here up to this thread.

EDIT: the member I'm talking about is already here, but not talking mad shit about "burple" lights as per usual.

URSA LED

Vendor
RED LEDS are wirebond LEDS... If you try and compare our RED LEDS to other RED LEDS out there, well... you really can't. We don't use RED LEDS. RED LEDS have a spectrum peaking at around 650nm but their bandwidth is only about 10-20nm from the peak and the intensity (efficacy) of the RED LEDS drop immediately albeit slowly once you turn it on . We use BLUE LEDS and convert it with phosphor, allowing a customizable peak and 80nm bandwidth.

We are 2 steps ahead of the wire bond technology... --> 2-PAD ---> 3-PAD.. our LED COBs show an INCREASE of efficacy after 10000 hours.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really diggin the drip system man would love if you did little write up on it somewhere. Your plants look robust and full! :peacock:

RED LEDS are wirebond LEDS... If you try and compare our RED LEDS to other RED LEDS out there, well... you really can't. We don't use RED LEDS. RED LEDS have a spectrum peaking at around 650nm but their bandwidth is only about 10-20nm from the peak and the intensity (efficacy) of the RED LEDS drop immediately albeit slowly once you turn it on . We use BLUE LEDS and convert it with phosphor, allowing a customizable peak and 80nm bandwidth.

We are 2 steps ahead of the wire bond technology... --> 2-PAD ---> 3-PAD.. our LED COBs show an INCREASE of efficacy after 10000 hours.

That is the type of info I really like to hear as a consumer. Easily digestible, short, and to the point thanks a lot.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
cant wait to see what comes of this..

how much does it cost to cover a 4x4 area with these things.

Check a few pages back we did a little math and they left the msrp prices. It's extremely expensive, but very cost effective after a few years. The LEC's that everyone is upgrading to now will cost more in the long run and not have the lifespan these do. When you factor in reflector replacement, bulbs, and overall unit replacement this LED makes sense. The major thing that will hold them back is start up costs though. Even with people who are not just starting out and have had businesses for awhile it's still very hard hit to upgrade. The flexibility these things provide though as far as places and environments you can grow by the elimination of heat...huge bonus.

krunchbubble

Veteran

:biggrin: That's why I really like these guys...

by the elimination of heat...huge bonus.

Yes right now, I have 100% complete elimination of any heat generating sources in this grow...

Only bound by intake temp at night which max at 72-74 during the summer heat...