What's new

Krunchbubble Plays With LED's...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
The addition of the forth light raised the temp 5 degrees, damnit!

66F after 11 hours...

Damnit! Double the light of a DE system, 1280 watts and im battling these horrid high temps, what to do?

:laughing:

These plants are growing so good. If they continue like this, im fairly positive 1 gram a watt can be achieved. But the limiting factor will now be the tent size I think, hard to shove 3 lbs of buds in that size tent...

Imagine 3 lbs from an LED tent grow!

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Krunch, Do you think the guys at Starlite would havve any intrest in offering a discount if we did an ICMAG group buy of a decent amount of units?

This thread is really opening some eyes. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

Sure wish they has a smaller unit! I'm pretty sure their smallest unit (100 watts) would fry my plants in my tight quarters.....loving the results I'm seeing so far krunch....keep it growing!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks good KB. How about no tent. A 10 x 10 room is the next step ;)

You must have an awfully small box.

krunchbubble

Veteran
looks good KB. How about no tent. A 10 x 10 room is the next step ;)

You must have an awfully small box.

I cant put any holes in this house, so limited to tents...

I have a 10X10, and 2 5X5 tents and just added a 2X4 to test a new light from Starlite...

The 5X5's are for experimenting and if the results are good, it goes to the 10X10 tent....

The 10X10 will eventually be outfitted with LED's if they perform at yield level...

Hitting 1 GPW, not counting larf with my DE's in these tents...

This is all in an upstairs master bedroom....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have 10 100w 6k cobs waiting to be assembled for a few months. Heat is a big thing for my veg room. Its exposed to outside temps. Cooling it would be a waste of power and $$. All the cold will be vented out and have very little effect on the room.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Damn I take a month off the internet and I miss everything.
What's up my brotha everything looks great.
That growth is very robust and healthy
I ditched my white because it kept getting camouflage leaves here n there so I figured I'd hunt out a healthy source. dHN aye nice
This is shaping up to be a great show already. Tagged in man

Hope everything else is just as good for you and tell the wife I said hello. Missed you guys this year.

krunchbubble

Veteran
Damn I take a month off the internet and I miss everything.
What's up my brotha everything looks great.
That growth is very robust and healthy
I ditched my white because it kept getting camouflage leaves here n there so I figured I'd hunt out a healthy source. dHN aye nice
This is shaping up to be a great show already. Tagged in man

Hope everything else is just as good for you and tell the wife I said hello. Missed you guys this year.

Brother! How are things! Ya, was looking forward to chilling with everyone....

krunchbubble

Veteran
The LED light penetrates all the way to the tray. So I stuck my hand under the canopy and took a shot to show zero yellow leaves from less then favorable light conditions. I haven't pulled any leaves from any plants, they are all so healthy...

krunchbubble

Veteran
Perfection! This LED grow has me realizing the potential of this type of lighting, I am ecstatic with the growth and the way the plants look. These Plants look better then all my other plants under DE's and thats a fact, Jack...

Look at the stacking under these LED's!

These plants drink a nitrogen heavy nutrient, so im about to start adding Pure Flowers to the mix to add some PK and phosphites....

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Still bangin healthy especially for the finicky white. Yeah the stacking is impressive

I might have to save up for led for my veg tent during summer time. I'll know more by August lol

growmau5

This is a well documented and compelling thread. I will be following in anticipation!
-I am surprised to see what I would consider minimal stretch at the 2wk point.
Its a fantastic looking garden that should give us an accurate account of what these lights are capable of.

cheers to ya KB.

..very curious to see the SPD of this new UV product.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
KB you know anything about Spectrum King. I noticed they have pure white light LED arrays. PAR meter results look good. I dont have much info on LED lights. My plan is a mix of CDM/LED.

growmau5

KB you know anything about Spectrum King. I noticed they have pure white light LED arrays. PAR meter results look good. I dont have much info on LED lights. My plan is a mix of CDM/LED.
I hope you don't mind me chiming in on this one, because there is a lot of misinformation going around about the SK 400+.
-its a 441.6 watt (@steady state) fixture comprised of
40 x Cree MK-R 4000K
14 x Cree XP-E2 (mix of red, amber & photo red) @839ma
(in-house custom MCPCB)
CCT: 3643K
CRI: 87
total luminous flux 38,799
Drivers: (2) meanwell HLG-240h-36A (91.3% eff in this applic)

Reflector's optical efficiency 94.2%

Attachments

• Spectrum King sk400+ spectrum.jpg
    Spectrum King sk400+ spectrum.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 22

krunchbubble

Veteran

Alex already played with that light...

All Chinese parts, assembled here and stamped made in America...

ALL Chinese LED's will be limited on their wattage due to the heat generated(thermal decay), period...

And ALL Chinese LED's start dying the day you plug em in...

Starlight's patented LED's are unlike any other companies LED's on the market, your not going to find anything comparable....

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey Krunch,
Ladies look great!

I have a question though, there is a guy on here claiming he got 3+#'s off 4 plants under those strip LED's-do you actually think that is possible? How many plants do you have going in this tent? I love LED's and all, but that does seem kind of far fetched.

Latest posts

Latest posts