What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krunchbubble Plays With LED's...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya, these are pretty much priced at cost....

Supposed to go to Hempcon this weekend and go to their booth, Ill see what can be done with you guys...

Thanks man :tiphat: hope there is some good news by tomorrow from Alex, but my guess is he is gonna be swamped at hempcon and not checkin here. Have fun at the convention this is definitely one I am gonna do next year as well as 4/20 in CO.

rykus

I'm interested to see these finish!

always scary investing time and money in new tech....

but I can also see led's hitting that point recently...

thanks again for the documentation!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
The growth is explosive, im pretty impressed....

Each plant is drinking about 900ml of nutrient a day

Having problems covering the corners of the tray, but that would be an obvious problem with three lights...

Starlite said they will replace my lenses for a wider disbursement of light...

In case anyone has not caught on, I hold up the same plant in my pics to show the growth of a single plant....

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ouch so 4 320's to cover one 4x4? $3200 a 4x4. Means 2 600's for a 1k $3000.

Plants looking really good.

Acotaco

we too are experimenting with leds. although we are using white light versions and making our own cobb cree ones . these are interesting

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Hey Krunch, are you testing these out with the intention of scaling up if they perform well for you? I'm interested in justifying LEDs on a commercial scale and having case studies to fall back on.

St. Phatty

I've been playing with LED's.

First one was COB LED type, in a stainless reflector.

Second one is the kind that screw into an old light reflector, $2 for a 10 watt LED bulb with a color temp around 3K.

Bolted 3 old fashioned light bulb receptacles to a sheet of steel, wired them up, stuck them in the veg room so I could turn off the 250 watt MH ... partially cause I was getting tired of the electric bills.

and then there's the big LED in the sky :woohoo:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Ouch so 4 320's to cover one 4x4? $3200 a 4x4. Means 2 600's for a 1k $3000.

Plants looking really good.

I agree, they are an expensive investment. But not as expensive as they were a year ago, and a year before that and so on...

The savings is going to be in HVAC and replacement bulbs. After a year or two, it would equally out...

That one youtube video the ran the LED's commercially, got there initial LED investment back in the first crop they said...

we too are experimenting with leds. although we are using white light versions and making our own cobb cree ones . these are interesting

I was told that Starlites' lights are customizable to whatever spectrum you want. My next LED's will be of a more white color for sure...
I was going to try the whole cobb cree way as well, still might...

Hey Krunch, are you testing these out with the intention of scaling up if they perform well for you? I'm interested in justifying LEDs on a commercial scale and having case studies to fall back on.

Thats my intention! At least for the hotter months of the year...

My big tent is only a 10X10 and has 4 DE's in there now. They NEED to get replaced soon, its getting hot!

The problem is, are these lights the shizznit and Do I want to replace everything before my test is done? Or try to replace everything before I see the results?

I've been playing with LED's.

First one was COB LED type, in a stainless reflector.

Second one is the kind that screw into an old light reflector, $2 for a 10 watt LED bulb with a color temp around 3K.

Bolted 3 old fashioned light bulb receptacles to a sheet of steel, wired them up, stuck them in the veg room so I could turn off the 250 watt MH ... partially cause I was getting tired of the electric bills.

and then there's the big LED in the sky :woohoo:

:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
KB, You have Par data for your foot print.. I like to see 450+ Umol m2 min veg/Flower..You need a lot of light coverage to get those #'s.

You should wait until you have that grow done before you invest anymore IMO.. They should understand we don't buy things because someone says there products are good. We have to have data to back up any claim. Its just to early for me to jump in without it. They should stay with those prices until they have data to show there tech meets or exceeds HID..

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
KB, You have Par data for your foot print.. I like to see 450+ Umol m2 min veg/Flower..You need a lot of light coverage to get those #'s.

You should wait until you have that grow done before you invest anymore IMO.. They should understand we don't buy things because someone says there products are good. We have to have data to back up any claim. Its just to early for me to jump in without it. They should stay with those prices until they have data to show there tech meets or exceeds HID..

If I test the 600's out I will have a par meter for it. Right now we can make the presumption I already have in this thread as far foot print and wattage of lights need for 4x4. 600+ and over gonna be the best investment.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read that.. I would like to see that data from someone other then the vendor. I have a PAR meter. I don't buy 1st data later. Is anyone else testing these? My memory is not what it once was. I thought we had upstart LED vendors here before. If I remember right they picked 3-5 people with good growing skills different environments to test there wares.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read that.. I would like to see that data from someone other then the vendor. I have a PAR meter. I don't buy 1st data later. Is anyone else testing these? My memory is not what it once was. I thought we had upstart LED vendors here before. If I remember right they picked 3-5 people with good growing skills different environments to test there wares.

I am hopin for a chance to test the 600's. I got a very fair track record here and tons of test threads I did for other vendors over the years so hopefully I will luck out and be able to buy 4 of the 600's to see what's up. I don't want to go deeper than that until we see perfect and competent grow with them though. Krunch currently is the only tester of their gear I know of. I am very skeptical like we all are that have been around long enough but confident enough that I would buy 4 ofem blindly and give them a shot. 4 would easily cover enough space to allow me to do several different sets of genes I know very well and give us a good idea of yield per watt.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am hopin for a chance to test the 600's. I got a very fair track record here and tons of test threads I did for other vendors over the years so hopefully I will luck out and be able to buy 4 of the 600's to see what's up. I don't want to go deeper than that until we see perfect and competent grow with them though. Krunch currently is the only tester of their gear I know of. I am very skeptical like we all are that have been around long enough but confident enough that I would buy 4 ofem blindly and give them a shot. 4 would easily cover enough space to allow me to do several different sets of genes I know very well and give us a good idea of yield per watt.

I have received my share of 'skeptical' arrows over the years, mostly because I am fortunate enough to be loaned LIGHTS IN EXCHANGE for HONEST reporting. Jealous?

The problem is a few will always be either jealous, or stupid.

Why would I use the word stupid? Look up the definition of ignorant and stupid. Hint: you can't fix stupid

Each week I post pictures meaning it is easy to compare week to week. And while a picture/s is said to be worth 1000 words some bash me anyway= stupid
So, F them. Just be honest.

Frankly, I can't imagine them being anything but excellent

Good Luck

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I have received my share of 'skeptical' arrows over the years, mostly because I am fortunate enough to be loaned LIGHTS IN EXCHANGE for HONEST reporting. The problem is a few will always be either jealous, or stupid.

The reason I take the time is to help fellow growers. PERIOD!

Why would I use the word stupid? Look up the definition of ignorant and stupid. Hint: you can't fix stupid

Each week I post pictures meaning it is easy to compare week to week. And while a picture/s is worth 1000 words some bash me anyway.

So, F them

If they don't hook you up, I would be honored

Latest posts

Latest posts