What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kratom

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm thinking of getting a small tent just for kratom plants.
Everything I hear, tells the fresh leaf has the effects I'm after.

I hate toss and wash.

It won't be long before they ban it. Add another "illegal" plant to my stable.

Green Squall

I hate toss and wash.

I'm proud of Ohio. They listened to the people and decided against a ban.
Michigan on the other hand just proposed a bill that would require a prescription.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Michigan on the other hand just proposed a bill that would require a prescription.

Me too! But I'm talking bout the feds. Big pharma will lobby to ban it. They are losing to much money to kratom now. Wait till the word gets out.
I have a feeling that the states won't go against the feds like they did with cannabis. Most people have never heard about it, those that have in the gov think it's the beginning of the next epidemic. :jerkit:
Overgrow the world! (With more than just cannabis)

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Me too! But I'm talking bout the feds. Big pharma will lobby to ban it. They are losing to much money to kratom now. Wait till the word gets out.
I have a feeling that the states won't go against the feds like they did with cannabis. Most people have never heard about it, those that have in the gov think it's the beginning of the next epidemic. :jerkit:
Overgrow the world! (With more than just cannabis)

In Thailand, where it grows wild, they have made it schedule 1. Someone said it was cutting into opium business.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Thailand did the MMJ and kratom thing this year. But the industry is state-controlled all the way for pot and I haven't heard anything about kratom because maybe the law isn't strongly enforced. They just started distributing the first concentrate.

Someone might be able to grow the trees in Miami without any thieves knowing what they were, and sell the leaf as Thai?

The dea already tried to ban it a few years ago. There's a good documentary about it on Netflix called 'A Leaf of Faith'. Not religious at all.

militia420

Its amazing how different strain/colors can have such different effects. Green Maeng Da felt like being jacked up on caffeine, yet Green Malay just brought me peace, calm, focus and well being. Definitely one of my favorites so far.

*I understand strain names can be marketing ploys, but I guess its a good way to keep track of different batches. I have 5 kinds and keep them labeled in my fridge.

Do you think the Green Maeng Da was cut with caffeine or was it 100% natural? What region does it hail from because the only greens I've seen sold as plants are the Green Malaysian, and Vietnamese Green bumblebee. I've heard of the Maeng Da on another forum but never ever seen it, among several other varieties, being sold as plants any where. If it's its own true variety I'd like to get a plant and know where it hails from.

There's definite marketing ploys with all the varieties. The one thing I would contemplate is this though, if you can get plants that are legitimately sourced from different regions of the tropics, the genetics, even if they look similar, may dictate that the alkaloids are different enough that if you rotate using one versus another, it will allow you to avoid tolerance build up, or even have different effects, like how one may be more energizing versus sedating.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the 4 main varieties I've seen listed on sites are genetically different enough to have their own profile like any weed plants. I also believe that there's such a lack of handling on the testing, and profiling of alkaloids from the different regions, that there could be a wider range of "varieties" than we think there are, they just look similar physically.

I have university contacts but trying to get a run down of alkaloid profiles might cost $$ even if it was to be done privately and not for a "study". I personally would love to see the 4 main varieties get some profiles listed so the rest of us would at least know what we're looking at like with weed and THC vs. CBD, etc.

BTW, does any one on here know where to score the solid red thai AOE plants? There was a guy selling them at ethnobotanicals but that site hasn't sold anything since like 2014 and it's still maintained (think someone else bought the site and keeps renewing it) http://ethnodirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=16 He had better images at one point of this reddish purple plant.

militia420

I hate toss and wash.

The live plants are definitely stronger and faster acting than the powders, but then again I chaw it like chewing tobacco and only swallow a leaf after it's been an hour or so. There's something about fresh and higher alkaloid content with pretty much every thing.

The fact that you have counties and cities banning it where states haven't just shows big pharma reach in my opinion. They don't have the authority to enact penal law, only the state does, but it isn't stopping them from passing unlawful bans any ways. I'm pretty sure if you were to ask cops about how "bad" circumstances have been when they've encountered kratom users they would report it as being like weed, not like heroin, crack, etc. I think the strategy big pharma lobbyists are using is to "quietly" recruit county or city commissioners piecemeal in States so they can get the foot in the door and work towards overwhelming numbers so they can eventually go to the State level and force a ban through.

It's still so brazen seeing how the FDA has tried to influence Indonesian governments into banning the farming of the plant. The politicians in these offices are assholes who don't serve the people period.

militia420

Another state trying to regulate "herbal / home remedies". These people can fuck off. Ohio still moved towards "legalizing" though through regulation. The lawyers and judges want to stick their hands in the pockets of the people and will tax it at some point. A ban is the worst, but legalizing rather than keeping any laws off the books about the plant is still less than ideal. Some of us don't have much $ at all and taxes on this stuff cuts into what little we have.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The fresh leaves are defiantly fast acting and way stronger. Im thinking about going out to pick a leaf in a few minutes. I think mine is a red vein Thai, but the leaves are not all purple the one that was picture in that ad. The plants grow very fast. Bugs do like to attack them. My plant was a clone taken from a tried and true mother plant. Its strong

Green Squall

Militia420.

No, definitely not cut with caffeine. I got it from a reputable company and think it was just a fast strain. I also only experienced it when I first started taking Kratom, so perhaps my tolerance also had something to do with the effects. I believe Maeng Da strains come from Thailand, as it translates to "Pimp Grade." Ya, I know...Kind of a lame name, but its supposed to be a strong variety. I plan on taking it tomorrow, so I will report back on effects since my body is now more used to the substance. Here's a link to where I bought it.
https://purkratom.com/shop/kratom-extract/green-maeng-da-kratom/green-maeng-da-kratom-powder.html

Other companies I've tried are Kratora and Coastline Kratom. All are roughly similar in price with good reputations. Not sure I would feel comfortable buying this stuff from a headshop.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Think I took about 6 grams, and was looking for noticeable high, and did not get. Maybe I am too burnt. I was really hoping for help with depression. I started weening off prozac last week.

Long term drug use will screw up the liver and gallbladder. The good news is they can both be cleaned (search Dr Hulda Clark Liver Cleanse). I have done at least 15 over the years, although the following might sound gross, but desperate times... am I right? but this may be easier,

check into coffee enemas. I told my holistic Dr that I developed a very tender hemmoroid. He recommended coffee enemas. I gave myself one a day for 2 weeks straight, but damn it's gone

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was feeling tired from gardening. I had a couple tomato beers and was about ready for a nap. I just went and grabbed a leaf to chew 5 minutes ago, and Im already feeling it. I hate that dried stuff. Makes me want to puke

I tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago, and still can't forget the bitter taste

Making a tea now whci can be sweetened with maple syrup or Monkey Fruit, which looks like sugar but supposedly not harmful

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just rewatched that Kratom documentary I posted a few pages back and that seems to be how they do it over in Thailand. How does dosage work though? Roughly, do you have any idea how much powder one leaf would be equivalent too?

can you update this to provide which post number the link is at?

I just viewed all your posts, but I could not find the one with the documentary link. Please link again

TY

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

my hands are being crippled with arthritis, which brand/type Kratom for that kind of pain???

Oh man. My holistic doctors hand are a mess, his fingers were locked into curled into his palms

I told him about Kratom

He called one evening about 2 months ago very excited! He says the pain reduction in 24 hours and then again in 48 hours was incredible. He's kind of hard to get a hold of, but will ask whatelse he's doing

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I made a tea this morning (~ 2 TBS/12 ozs) let it steep a few minutes, then strained it through a paper coffee filter and sweetened with maple syrup.

Seems to have kicked on within minutes

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran