What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kratom

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Militia, Ive never got past the germination stage, so I couldn't contribute, but I would definitely subscribe to your thread.

When I lived in VA I had Rifat clones.

Killed them one winter, Kratom really hates the cold.

They were like 3 foot tall bushes when they died.

Part of why I moved from VA, the climate sucks (amongst many other things)...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
When I lived in VA I had Rifat clones.

Killed them one winter, Kratom really hates the cold.

They were like 3 foot tall bushes when they died.

Part of why I moved from VA, the climate sucks (amongst many other things)...

Ahh. That's why you thought I was outting your location. I was just talking about my home state.
:tiphat:
Yes. I hate the grow weather here. Last couple seasons were rough. And no matter what I do, all my outdoor looks like shit after drying. It's just a fraction of the quality of my indoor grown.

Wifey thinking of getting a tent for a kratom bush. It would have to be bonsai style.
Anybody SCROG out a kratom tree? :biggrin:

MedFaced

I watched a video from a dude’s greenhouse on YouTube. He keeps em small. Says it’s easy. Just trims the roots periodically to prevent them from becoming root bound. Like literally pulls them from the planters, hacks the roots down to the healthy ball, and then repots them. His garden looked great.

Green Squall

I'm taking a tolerance break from kratom. Even on a small dose, its doing the opposite or what it should be and making me extremely tired. Someone said this can happen after long term use (6 months) when the alkaloids build up in your system. Has anyone else experienced this?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I'm taking a tolerance break from kratom. Even on a small dose, its doing the opposite or what it should be and making me extremely tired. Someone said this can happen after long term use (6 months) when the alkaloids build up in your system. Has anyone else experienced this?

It is about a year and a half. One thing I learned is everyone's idea of a 'small dose' matches no one else's idea of a small dose.

I take .7 grams at a time. The first few months varied, a couple times a whole tablespoon (10 grams) was used but that usually meant nap time. A quarter teaspoon is my normal dose, up to three times a day for a couple days at a time. I replaced a coffee habit with Kratom so my motivation may not be the norm. Reaching 7 cups of coffee per day was affecting my heart, Kratom causes less rapid heart rate increase and stresses it less.

I hear of doses in the tree and four tablespoon range and wonder if my reaction is outside of normal or is it these larger dosages that have more to the story?

Green Squall

It is about a year and a half. One thing I learned is everyone's idea of a 'small dose' matches no one else's idea of a small dose.

I take .7 grams at a time. The first few months varied, a couple times a whole tablespoon (10 grams) was used but that usually meant nap time. A quarter teaspoon is my normal dose, up to three times a day for a couple days at a time. I replaced a coffee habit with Kratom so my motivation may not be the norm. Reaching 7 cups of coffee per day was affecting my heart, Kratom causes less rapid heart rate increase and stresses it less.

I hear of doses in the tree and four tablespoon range and wonder if my reaction is outside of normal or is it these larger dosages that have more to the story?

Sounds like we were taking roughly the same dose, except differently. I was at about 2.3 grams daily, but all at once during lunch. I definitely think "less is more" with this substance and when I start again after a tolerance break, its not going to be everyday.

Larger dosage are more Opioid like (sedating, itchy).
This is because Mitragynine is a delta Opioid Agonist at first that eventually crosses over to Mu Agonism in larger doses.

Delta effects are more stimulating while Mu is the classic Opiate/Opioid feel.

Be careful with Kratom and large dosing all the time - withdrawals can get just as bad as other Opiates/Opioids if you let it.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I was taking 2-4 teaspoons per day for a year and a half, I built a tolerance, even though taking three different kinds. It was affecting me a little, so 8 days ago I stopped. I had some withdrawal symptoms, but drank some beer smoked alot of weed, and took nightol to sleep

I do miss how it made me feel for the first 6 months. I was very optomistic and happy Ill probably wait some months before trying some more. I think it is good to take a break

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool to see some IC Mag people chatting up kratom. It is truly an amazing plant. I have eaten pounds of it over the years and grown several outdoor trees of it here in Michigan. Bali is my favorite, or was my favorite. Personally, I choose not to use it any longer. Not trying to speak negatively of those that do, however, as a recovering alcoholic, I found my desire to take more and more of it very similar to the desires when I drank. I also suffer from pain, sometime severe, so I found myself using it "for just till the pain is gone", but it would always be a week or more of constant use, sometimes a month, after the pain was gone. It is very euphoric, I liken it to MDMA in some respects. I always found myself chatting it up with folks in a line, or in the market, etc. it made me just want to connect with another human, which is great! It has great attributes, unfortunately for me, its negatives slightly outweighed the beneficial qualities. I was getting up to over an ounce total a day in dosages (3x daily). Be careful out the folks. It can be very habit forming, but it is not addictive. Cold turkey quitting would have no negative side effects for me. Personally, I just didn't like to be under the spell of something so strongly.

PS Try taking it with a Magnesium supplement, such as CALM brand soluble Mag, you will be shocked at the potentiating quality of Mag on Kratom, I was.

Bless you all on your paths.

Thank you thank you [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]D3pthCharg3. reeeeeAs a friend of Bill W myself with 20 years within 2 months from now I had wanted to try kratom for the pain I live with and was afraid of that possible connection. Your post possibly saved me from that. Thank you !
readpaper.gif

[/FONT]

Green Squall

P.S. Hey, guys. I want to share you with my experience. Frankly speaking, I have tried many kratom products but the product of ********** surprised me. The kratom products from them are of high quality with great effects. I find this kratom far better than the other suppliers. I like the thing, that they give the best quality kratom from people who really care for your health and quality of life. I wouldn't order anywhere else !

No way in hell should anyone here click on your sketchy link.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I ordered 5 kratom plants and a betel plant.
Anyone else grow kratom?
Tips hints or advice for growing K in a 3x3 tent?

Green Squall

I quit my daily kratom use at the beginning of this year and now try to limit it to 2 days a week, or whenever I need pain relief. My tolerance was at the point where it wasn't affecting me anymore and I didn't want to raise the dose. I feel less is more with this plant, so I've never gone over 3 grams. Might sound like a small amount, but it works for me.