What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kratom

militia420

Does chewing the Kratom leaves produce a pleasant effect ?

I wouldn't mind getting some seeds. I got a coffee tree. The Kratom could live next to her maybe.

Fresh is ALWAYS best. :biggrin: But for the sake of consistent dosing I dry it, grind it, and put it in gel caps. It is faster if you chew them and cheek it like tobacco for a while, then chew it some more later. You'll taste the juice right away. It's not delicious but it's not disgusting (I've had some foul tasting herbs like cissus).

Leaflet

I wouldn't mind getting some seeds. I got a coffee tree. The Kratom could live next to her maybe.

From the reading I did, it sounds like (1) it needs a bright, warm (tropical-like) environment and (2) it gets pretty big.
I'd really like to grow some, but in my climate I guess I won't be able to until I can make a mini greenhouse or something.

St. Phatty

2 tablespoons is my dose

2 tablespoons of the same powder that comes in the Maeng Da Kratom capsules ?

So far I've only taken one capsule.

But if 2 tablespoons is a normal dose, that would be about 10 capsules. Maybe more.

I don't have a huge amount of confidence in product labelling, especially from overseas.

Especially with Fentanyl around.

Earlmarne

2 tablespoons of the same powder that comes in the Maeng Da Kratom capsules ?

So far I've only taken one capsule.

But if 2 tablespoons is a normal dose, that would be about 10 capsules. Maybe more.

I don't have a huge amount of confidence in product labelling, especially from overseas.

Especially with Fentanyl around.

Yes, I buy the powder. I change it up from whit vein to green vein weekly.
2 tablespoons in some grapefruit juice in the morning. Then sometimes 1 or 2 at night depending on pain levels

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I bought a bottle of capsules the first time. One worked OK, two got me revved up.
I then bought a one pound bag. A quarter teaspoon equaled one capsule.
I tried a heaped tablespoon and took a nap. I am sensitive to opiates and assume Kratom's ability to hook up with opiate receptors caused this.
When I keep the doses at 1/2 teaspoon or less it is like a weak combo of coffee and amphetamine that wears off in under four hours. Just right for folks with a heart condition.

Tablespoon size doses are like poppy seed tea, more sedative than invigorating.
I use both pretty much daily.

Green Squall

I bought a bottle of capsules the first time. One worked OK, two got me revved up.
I then bought a one pound bag. A quarter teaspoon equaled one capsule.
I tried a heaped tablespoon and took a nap. I am sensitive to opiates and assume Kratom's ability to hook up with opiate receptors caused this.
When I keep the doses at 1/2 teaspoon or less it is like a weak combo of coffee and amphetamine that wears off in under four hours. Just right for folks with a heart condition.

Tablespoon size doses are like poppy seed tea, more sedative than invigorating.
I use both pretty much daily.

Do you drink it? I absolutely loathe the taste, so I bought a capsule making machine.
https://www.amazon.com/TUATUA-Second-Generation-Spreader-Vitamins/dp/B076CFSZ5P/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=tuatua+capsule&qid=1565486767&s=home-garden&sr=1-1-catcorr
Grab a bag of 1000 "0" Capsules, and the machine can make 100 at a time.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Do you drink it? I absolutely loathe the taste, so I bought a capsule making machine.
https://www.amazon.com/TUATUA-Second-Generation-Spreader-Vitamins/dp/B076CFSZ5P/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=tuatua+capsule&qid=1565486767&s=home-garden&sr=1-1-catcorr
Grab a bag of 1000 "0" Capsules, and the machine can make 100 at a time.

Drink it? Hah.
I mix a dose in a tablespoon of hot water and take it down it three separate swallows. Lightly biting each swallow.
It is the consistency that gags me, if I do not turn it into thin mud it just won't go down.

And the active ingredients are not very water soluble so the grit has to go down to be effective. I tried using three ounces water and letting it settle before skimming off the clear solution.
That only gave a third of the dose. More than expected. But even tripling the dose did not give quite the same effect and it still tasted bad, but no grit was a plus.

Capsules actually do sound like the best way. If the capsules can be swallowed.
My last capsules of antibiotics had to be split 1:3 before I could get them down. And they started small.

Folks using Kratom for pain control need two tablespoons or more per dose, that would be an ungainly number of capsules.

But for me a single capsule is the perfect dose, I would take it apart into that tablespoon of water, but one was all I needed for what I was after.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I bought some awhile back. First dose did nothing. Second dose was 3 times as much, did nothing except for about a minute when I was brushing my teeth before bed, I felt sick and unsteady, like I was about to puke. Did not think it was very enjoyable.

I am on anti depressants (prozac) and I know that can interfere with certain drugs.

Anyone have experience with ayahuasca? I am going to try and dump the prozac, then try that to try to break my long term depression.

MedFaced

Tablespoons would make me crash hard. I’m very new to this though. I have found that 3-3.5 grams of powder with a cup of coffee and some thc infused honey puts me a good place. Lasts about 4-5 hours.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I am an opioid dependent pain patient and have tried Kratom on two different occasions. The withdrawals from the opioids were limited to some loose stools and slight chills until I found my sweet spot. The problem was my pain was not well managed. It worked great for managing the withdrawal symptoms, but not so great for the pain. More info

Have you tried CBD or mix of CBD and THC? What type of pain, joint, back, muscle?

militia420

I am an opioid dependent pain patient and have tried Kratom on two different occasions. The withdrawals from the opioids were limited to some loose stools and slight chills until I found my sweet spot. The problem was my pain was not well managed. It worked great for managing the withdrawal symptoms, but not so great for the pain. More info

I agree. I think it depends on the type of situation causing the pain. I have soft tissue damage in my tendons and muscles and fascia, and quite probably some nerve irritation but not damage. Some people have a higher tolerance for pain too. I'd prefer to have a range of painkillers available though. For the good and best of days I can try to stick with things like Kratom. The pills are shit and no good for our bodies. They could make them safer but by fucking our livers up and causing other problems big pharma creates life time clients unless we change it up ourselves.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

my hands are being crippled with arthritis, which brand/type Kratom for that kind of pain???

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Kratom advertising and hype is similar to cannabis.

I find that some strains work great at first, but then I get used to the strain.

I get a bunch of different kinds, and switch up when needed.

Not exactly sure if this is totally true, butI heard from my kratom supplier that it is the ratio of mit to 7 hydroxymit that decides if it's more of an energy feeling or a restful feeling.

MedFaced

CannaRed has it right. Colors and regional branding is all just that. I’ve been looking at mitragynine content. The stuff I see tests between 1.4-1.8%. I have little to no idea what I’m doing really, but I use that as a gage.

I also ordered some clones off the vendor mentioned in this thread. Going see how that goes.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I walk around my back yard chewing a leaf off my plant. I get real high off that. Fresh is best. grow your own

Green Squall

I walk around my back yard chewing a leaf off my plant. I get real high off that. Fresh is best. grow your own

I just rewatched that Kratom documentary I posted a few pages back and that seems to be how they do it over in Thailand. How does dosage work though? Roughly, do you have any idea how much powder one leaf would be equivalent too?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
CannaRed has it right. Colors and regional branding is all just that. I’ve been looking at mitragynine content. The stuff I see tests between 1.4-1.8%. I have little to no idea what I’m doing really, but I use that as a gage.

I also ordered some clones off the vendor mentioned in this thread. Going see how that goes.

I thought about like that too, but I don't think it really matters.

It's like I can get sometimes get higher off a 14% THC strain than a 21% THC strain.

I'm sure there are other factors involved in kratom. Other than just the percentage of the two alkaloids.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd

That's really what I want to do.
I notice old kratom is weaker than fresh bag. I think heat destroys the alkaloids.

I bet a fresh leaf would be excellent!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I chew one leaf, and give it about 10 minutes to hit. I find the fresh to be far more euphoric. I think my plant is red vein. The clone came from a proven strong mother. I hate eating powder slurry from dry. The leaves are slightly bitter, but not so bad. I went out and picked a couple leaves before sunrise to put into my work lunch pail. Yep they are good! The dose depends on the leaf size too. Some are fairly big leaves

Latest posts

Latest posts