What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kratom

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Not exactly sure if this is totally true, butI heard from my kratom supplier that it is the ratio of mit to 7 hydroxymit that decides if it's more of an energy feeling or a restful feeling.

What I have read is that low doses are stimulating and high doses have the opioid effects. I only get sick, like I do from opiates. The resin extract is much stronger than most leaf we get.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I was feeling tired from gardening. I had a couple tomato beers and was about ready for a nap. I just went and grabbed a leaf to chew 5 minutes ago, and Im already feeling it. I hate that dried stuff. Makes me want to puke

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I thought about like that too, but I don't think it really matters.

It's like I can get sometimes get higher off a 14% THC strain than a 21% THC strain.

I'm sure there are other factors involved in kratom. Other than just the percentage of the two alkaloids.

CBD and CBN levels are needed in addition to THC. I smoked entirely THC strain for years, and tried some with CBD, and was in much better mood.

MedFaced

SOGOOD for 15% off until the 22nd. Theyre almost always running a 15% off code but the phrase changes. Just google krackenkratom coupon code before you shop and see what’s active.

Green Squall

Its amazing how different strain/colors can have such different effects. Green Maeng Da felt like being jacked up on caffeine, yet Green Malay just brought me peace, calm, focus and well being. Definitely one of my favorites so far.

*I understand strain names can be marketing ploys, but I guess its a good way to keep track of different batches. I have 5 kinds and keep them labeled in my fridge.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
The best ones, give you energy, but keep you relaxed at the same time, and give you an ultra positive outlook on life

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My red vein is growing like a weed now. I love nibbling on a fresh leaf while doing some cannabis gardening. Problems just seem to shrink. Problems are easier to tackle with a good frame of mind.

Ill have to post some pics of my plant sometime.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
How much, and how do you take it?? I have red and green, from Kraken.

two teaspoons of dry in the morning with my OJ, then a teaspoon in the afternoon, and maybe a fresh leaf after work. If you are new, try a half teaspoon. You should feel it within 10 minutes, then take more if you want

Green Squall

How much, and how do you take it?? I have red and green, from Kraken.

I've been using it for a few weeks now and am only taking 2 grams. I find switching batches helps with tolerance issues. And you can take it anyway you want. Drinks and capsules seem to be the most common (I like capsules) and usually take it with my lunch.

It varies, but 1 level teaspoon equals about 2 grams. Personally I weigh it out of my scale to get a more accurate measurement.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I switch up too. I have red, white and green on hand. The first few months were wild. I was powerful beyond description. People saw it too. They asked advice, and showed respect. They still do, but that was something else. Some people were scared, Not of violence. Just that I had so much knowledge and wisdom. I still do, but a slightly lesser extent. Maybe if I take a break for a month....

Nothing could scare me or bring me down. You have all the answers , and they are real to everyone. You get respect

Loc Dog

Veteran
Think I took about 6 grams, and was looking for noticeable high, and did not get. Maybe I am too burnt. I was really hoping for help with depression. I started weening off prozac last week.

MedFaced

Are you taking it on an empty stomach? My first experiences were like yours where I felt either nothing, or got nauseous and drowsy. I found that taking it right when I wake up or a few hours after any meal helped a lot.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Think I took about 6 grams, and was looking for noticeable high, and did not get. Maybe I am too burnt. I was really hoping for help with depression. I started weening off prozac last week.

Maybe you got some dud Kratom.

I started with 1 half teaspoon, then a teaspoon the next 2 days. It seemed to take 2-3 days to load up in my system. I felt it for sure on the third day. I was blasting off the next week, for at least 3 months. U still feel it, and its great, nut not like the first couple months or so.

Its more of an emotional high, and a light speed high. A comfortable speed though

Loc Dog

Veteran
Are you taking it on an empty stomach? My first experiences were like yours where I felt either nothing, or got nauseous and drowsy. I found that taking it right when I wake up or a few hours after any meal helped a lot.

Was it just a good mood, energy, with no intoxication? That would actually be best, but thought since compared to opiates there would be a buzz. Again maybe I am so used to functioning with a lot of beer and bud, my brain my compensate.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Was it just a good mood, energy, with no intoxication? That would actually be best, but thought since compared to opiates there would be a buzz. Again maybe I am so used to functioning with a lot of beer and bud, my brain my compensate.

You have to take a lot more to have a downer dopey high. I don't do that much. They say it will knock you out if you do. Especially the red Kratom

Earlmarne

I personally dont get any noticeable effects from the reds Ive tried.
White seems the most intense for sure, with green being a little less.
Im currently doing 2 spoons of green with one of white. Saturated with lime juice to make a paste. Let that sit for 24 hours then pour grapefruit juice in make it a drinkable texture and freeze. This process without a doubt intensifies the effects.
I believe the steeping in lime juice does the majority

Latest posts

Latest posts