What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yeah, my first ever, not just KA5Hz, but also my first feminized seeds. Well, the second, as I grew the cuttings. I'm starting the third now, I've got a couple seeds going. I've got them for xmas22 pressie. Other old farts get boring socks and tacky ties and stinky colognes, but I always get seeds! Beat that, old farts. Anyway, I always keep trying to improve my skills, but I am a brute, can't help it. That said, there's no better teacher than failure. Here, this KA5hz cut outdoors, she grew in appalling conditions in an unsuitable clima, was chopped before I wanted and still after a good curing the taste is lipsmacking and the high makes your eyes independent.
Hi @kaochiu like the way you write ehhehehe :) she finished quite well despite perhaps she was not in an adequate climate, the bud looks ripe and very resinous. What's the latitude ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So she has gained a lot of weight although she was not treated so well I will get enough now only the high has to be good and I am very satisfied
I will stay with ACE Seeds and grow Panama a5 Haze under 12/12 cyclus next I am looking forward to it 🤗🤗🤗

Wow! Impressive development since your last update, @Cheech87 :D Colas got way fatter, especially the main one, and flowers are even starting to ripen. She is expressing and producing a lot under your good care. If you like the finished product of KA5H, you are going to love Panama A5 Haze.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bless bro,
I smoke ganja everyday and been growing siince 1997 indoor and outdoor. I've been lucky enough to start growin with some very hi quality seeds since the beginning as some elders friends brang us some seeds directly from the seedbank Amsterdam. My firsts plants was some haze x nl5 x skunk. Then i ve grown dozens of strains for all these years mainly from dutch passion, MNS, sensi, barneys, philo seeds and more recently ACE. Do i Have to say Ace Seeds did really impress me?? Yess for real!!
Ive grown dozens of OG/Kush/cookie/dosi/strawnana... cali american strains and LOTS of sativa hybrid oldskool haze/SSH/MH/NEVILLES HAZE/JACK/KALIMIST/HEMPSTARR/SENSISTAR/Pineapple haze etc..
And this Malawi killer A5 Haze is by far superior in quality and more interesting to grow.
Ive grown 4 differents KHA5 in total, and the last 2 from the previous run was the strongest af all of them. The kind of smoke that is so strong that you only smoke it at the end of the day when you have NOTHIN important to do next.
The Kick is so quick, strong and intense and put an instant soaring hi smile on your face, like a good rush of full THCV blood in the brain!
The fx are hi and very psychedelic and trippy for the first part becomming very surrounding cloudy and cotony for the last longstating parts with long long meditatve after fxs...
Its very good to make artistic work for the firsts 2/3 hours of hi then its becomming to much narcotic and body hi to be able to do something with full accuracy. I DONT RECOMMEND IT FOR STUDIO RECORDING SESSIONS AND TIMING/MELODY ACCURACY IT'S WAY TOO MUCH STRONG. High strengh and power is comparable to OG Banana Kush at more than 30% THC (CHIQUITA BANANA PHILO SEEDS)
With curing and time the taste is greatly improving and fully giving its full complexity.
A pure bonheur for the connaisseur's!
Manners mi bredrins
JAHNO

Thanks a lot for the smoke report, @JAHNODUB 🥰 It means a lot coming from a connoisseur smoker and experienced grower who has grown the most potent American genetics and older Dutch Haze hybrids.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My two cents as an outdoor guy. Three fem seeds produced almost same pheno. I dont think I lucked out the most desired pheno of the four. But still very good stuff. Like almost all the sativa's I've dealt with, it benefits from a nice long slow cure. (Vacuum cure for moi). The potency just gets better. As does the smoothness and flavour. (I vape these days). Describe as herby, woody, leathery. Agreeable, smooth and satisfying. Very euphoric and pretty damn potent. But patience rewards with this aspect. (Goes mid-late May here). Long... but worth the effort. Not the prettiest plant... but the proof is in the product for this fussy old OG. Am currently into the last of my (now) year old cured bud. It just got better every time I got back to it. I like a large selection (sat and sat leaning) which gets round the old tolerance issue.

Thanks for your honest feedback on your outdoor KA5H in the southern hemisphere @Mimpi Manis glad the harvest did improve greatly with the long curing and that its of your taste, and damn potent :biggrin:

Nannymouse

Yeah, I would expect you to say that. 😉

I recognize you from the cob thread. I liked what you had to say. I'm still working on that thread. It's a monster. I'm just trying to figure a way to do it without buying the vacuum sealer. I want to try one before I commit.
I'm not sure that a regular freezer zipper bag would work with the heat of the sous vide, but you can put your food into a zipper bag, dip the bag in a bucket of water, right up to the depth that the water ALMOST goes into the bag, and zip. The water pushes the air out, pretty well. Like i say, i don't know if you can find a suitable sous vide bag for doing that.

Nextgeneration73

Thanks for all the updates, @Nextgeneration73. Are you under 12/12 from seed, right? Is the light good, potent enough? She may indeed look paler due to the light. Anyway, check pH and EC often in waterings and feedings. You may want to prune the lower 2 branches and add mulch with more worm casting and a bit of guano.
Actually she started at 24/0 from popping out, and then went down to 22/2, after which I went down to 12/12, then 11.5/12.5 by accident and finally one night after heavily drinking I woke up too late one morning still overly drunk and turned on the LED like hours later and got it down to 9/15 😀, and so then everyone in my thread got really upset, but out of fear that I won't be able to harvest early enough I kept it that way, went down 15 minutes from 9/15 but then brought it back up 😀😁 long story short most people left my thread due to the inconveniences 😁 Just kidding about the inconveniences part but everything else I said is true.... Right now it's been in bloom or therefore flowering for what seems to be anywhere from 2 to 3.5 weeks maybe even 4 now.... As I had issues calculating it 😁 But as you can see I'm able to calculate the days since it popped out of the soil 😁 Good to have you back Dubi
But no it's actually on 9/15
Ozz bro what week does this look like to you? Imma take another picture later on this early even before lights out.... Most people say week 4 by now...
Oh right Dubi sorry I forgot your other questions, well as for the light yes it's pretty intense and it nearly started showing signs of light burn before I brought the light higher up with the boxes that I used.... Somehow I'm gonna have to find a way to get it up even higher without f***ing up the bucket or pulling it up as well since it's sticking to the boxes but still remains lower 😕 🤔 I'll be alright I guess

Last edited:

Cheech87

Wow! Impressive development since your last update, @Cheech87 :D Colas got way fatter, especially the main one, and flowers are even starting to ripen. She is expressing and producing a lot under your good care. If you like the finished product of KA5H, you are going to love Panama A5 Haze.

Thank you for your kind words I am very satisfied also the service on your site is top had a few questions at the beginning and were answered very quickly can only recommend it to others.
Will grow more but after the panama a5 haze.
Still have super panama haze, super malawi haze and panama x malawi will grow everything bit by bit.
I must say I am thrilled with this plant.
How fast it develops at the beginning of flowering, the stretch is phenomenal, i had to experience it myself, just like the flower production.
I have made big mistakes that are rewarded with monster colas.
Under optimal conditions certainly a monster yield and better buds.

It's something completely different if you only grow indica and hybrids I've always held back from growing such strains because of the long flowering but I'm now addicted

Don't see any disadvantages except that you learn something new and experience something new
And now, unfortunately, I still have to wait 🤗🤗 but it will be a celebration when I harvest them

Nextgeneration73

Killer a5 Haze Day 52 since popping out of the soil
IMG_20240327_191547_1.jpg
IMG_20240327_191539.jpg

IMG_20240327_192633.jpg

What week of flowering does this look like to you Dubi? And also what pheno? The preflowering pistals the first ones that ever came out are all Amber... Is this an early sign of the rest following after?

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Hi @kaochiu like the way you write ehhehehe :) she finished quite well despite perhaps she was not in an adequate climate, the bud looks ripe and very resinous. What's the latitude ?
Thanks Dubi. L'atitude in Asturias is hardworking honest beligerant folk singing like angry bulls in the chigres. Not the best clima for long sativas, so now I'll add the GHz19xA5 to suffer with the KA5. I hate marihuana, but she is so insistent…

oldworld

Welcome to ICMag, and thanks for joining the conversation with your KA5H, @oldworld :)
You've got a Haze A dominant expression there, yet it looks almost done after 10 weeks of flowering or so. Unless she undergoes another reflowering, she is about to finish her last reflowering. How does she smell?

Sweet! Haze. But that's the slowest one. Thanks for the ID. Kinda information helps make the next selection. Which as of now I'm thinking will be your golden tiger
It is not loud at all. Opening the tent or sticking my face to the buds it smells very earthy, maybe the decaying flower petals you talked about? I'm not sure. It's not a smell I've smelled before. Stem rub leaves a very minty impression, with an oily background to it. Doesn't smell like weed at all. The ones in veg smell stronger...

I think she actually did have another reflowering. It doesn't seem to have been very substantial. There were more white pistils when I watered earlier, it seemed that way, I wasnt really certain. Except it produced a couple buds with very interesting shape, so that's definitely new growth to be seen. Hopefully the smell will develop later. Could still be a few weeks apparently 😅

I'll update here for sure, as well as the others.

Nextgeneration73

Killer a5 Haze Day 53
IMG_20240328_190357_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240328_190406.jpg
IMG_20240328_190419.jpg
IMG_20240328_190433.jpg

This one has two Amber pistals starting but the rest are white....
IMG_20240328_190443.jpg

Week 2-4 somewhere of flowering I still don't know exactly where the count started but it's Day 53 since coming out of the soil.... I remember that day, I almost remember how shocked and thrilled as hell I was that I actually made it past germination 😲 That was on February the 6th, I was beyond relieved then... Dubi I don't mean to annoy you but what week of flowering would you give this Killer Hybrid of mine? People say week four, but the reason I'm asking everyone constantly is because of my tempting desire to be calculated about everything 😀😁 I never properly starting counting it's bloom due to the fact that it seemed like it was under early signs of bloom for a long while before it actually became evident....

Last edited:

BurntBacon

Killer a5 Haze Day 53 View attachment 18980007 View attachment 18980008 View attachment 18980009 View attachment 18980010
This one has two Amber pistals starting but the rest are white.... View attachment 18980011
Week 2-4 somewhere of flowering I still don't know exactly where the count started but it's Day 53 since coming out of the soil.... I remember that day, I almost remember how shocked and thrilled as hell I was that I actually made it past germination 😲 That was on February the 6th, I was beyond relieved then... Dubi I don't mean to annoy you but what week of flowering would you give this Killer Hybrid of mine? People say week four, but the reason I'm asking everyone constantly is because of my tempting desire to be calculated about everything I normally do 😀😁 I never properly starting counting it's bloom due to the fact that it seemed like it was under early signs of bloom for a long while before it actually became evident....
8-9 weeks to go to fruition, imho

Cheech87

Far from a perfect grow, she is now getting beautiful buds anyway the smell has now become very sweet after decaying flowers can't wait to test them 😍😍
Love this plant
I have also started my Panama a5 Haze it will grow up under 12/12🤗
2024-03-28-063731345.jpg

Attachments

• 20240330_080610.jpg
    20240330_080610.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 20240329_063500.jpg
    20240329_063500.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52

Nextgeneration73

Far from a perfect grow, she is now getting beautiful buds anyway the smell has now become very sweet after decaying flowers can't wait to test them 😍😍
Love this plant
I have also started my Panama a5 Haze it will grow up under 12/12🤗 View attachment 18980699
So I have a question, according to this photo the trichomes look something in between clear and milky, so does that mean that's it's far from ready? Meaning if anyone could answer this, at what stage of "too early" would this be? I already have trichomes by the way and will take a photo soon....