What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

oldworld

My first grow, ka5h at 10 weeks flowering. I've not done the best job with her. She outgrew the pot and I've not been able to water multiple times daily. And my pruning job was a fail. Oh well... I learned a lot and I'll still get a few ounces. I think it's close. It just finished reflowering, so hopefully that's the end. Sure looks like it.

We won't talk about the second.

And my third grow, ka5h (a different one, both mothers are reserved until comparison) at idk 2 maybe 3 weeks from rooted clone. I just moved them into the 65 gallon pot of soil.

What do you think dubi? It looks to me like the default picture on your site... almost purple behind the leaves. The reflection is hiding that I think. It doesn't have much smell at all, it was much stronger in veg, but very nondescript weed smell. A bit hash I guess.

Oh and whats everyone's experience making hashish with this? The only direct reference in this thread is a picture a couple pages back of water hash. I want to make some but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the yield can be so low. Or else the bud must not be affected much...idk.

Attachments

• 20240322_205201.jpg
    20240322_205201.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 79
  • 20240322_203858.jpg
    20240322_203858.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 80
  • 20240322_203843.jpg
    20240322_203843.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 82
  • 20240322_203835.jpg
    20240322_203835.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Way to go, NG73, you'll get there in the end, I've no doubt. Work agendas, bah! By that time maybe you'll be friends with your upstairs neighbours and they will care for the plant if you got to go. Just offer yourself to look after their dogs and maybe proposing them a pillow fight one of these nights at 3am. Surely other neighbours will join too.
Seriously, don't waste time thinking on future compromises, things will just conspire somehow for it to complete its circle, and meantime, tic doc tic doc, day 48.
As for completion, from the day it showed the first bud making, add one week of counting to be safe. That one I'd say it's been in flowering stage for about four weeks. First quarter completed. It will stretch in the second quarter and maybe a bit of the third. It will fatten up until half of the fourth quarter and get compact the last half quarter, then time to pull out your katana and... shwisssshhh.
Now, I see some early signs of overfeeding, burn tips and pawing leaves. Next watering I'd just add abundant nuteless water, then carry on as usual.
Ps. Sorry for my approach, don't mean disrespect, just trying a bit of banter and English not being my first nor my usual language. And neither am an expert canna scientist, I'm a decent person!

Nextgeneration73

Way to go, NG73, you'll get there in the end, I've no doubt. Work agendas, bah! By that time maybe you'll be friends with your upstairs neighbours and they will care for the plant if you got to go. Just offer yourself to look after their dogs and maybe proposing them a pillow fight one of these nights at 3am. Surely other neighbours will join too.
Seriously, don't waste time thinking on future compromises, things will just conspire somehow for it to complete its circle, and meantime, tic doc tic doc, day 48.
As for completion, from the day it showed the first bud making, add one week of counting to be safe. That one I'd say it's been in flowering stage for about four weeks. First quarter completed. It will stretch in the second quarter and maybe a bit of the third. It will fatten up until half of the fourth quarter and get compact the last half quarter, then time to pull out your katana and... shwisssshhh.
Now, I see some early signs of overfeeding, burn tips and pawing leaves. Next watering I'd just add abundant nuteless water, then carry on as usual.
Ps. Sorry for my approach, don't mean disrespect, just trying a bit of banter and English not being my first nor my usual language. And neither am an expert canna scientist, I'm a decent person!
Apology excepted, and I'm sorry for the joke I put up as well, but thanks though for real... As for my neighbors I would never put us at risk and let them in what we're doing...

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Killer a5 Haze Day 49 (week of flowering I don't know)
IMG_20240325_183400_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240325_183410_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240325_183415.jpg
IMG_20240325_183430.jpg

If anyone's wondering why that doll, those Egyptian artifacts, and that Halloween lantern is there, is so that the place doesn't look so depressing and empty, even though the plant makes everything beautiful, looking at that plain wall with those boxes and having nothing else there makes it feel like it's an office workspace cupboard 😂.... I would add other things to the mix of the scenery but the place is too tiny for it....

Last edited:

oldworld

I have applied more bondage to her. Idk 10.5ish weeks in bloom. I ~think~ I'm almost done. Pistils look mostly red, and pretty sure I see a few ambers at 12x. Less certain at this resolution but that's the best I can do and hold steady enough.

The smaller branches didn't get tied, and are starting to give out. I've got 3 branches flopped over by the top of the pot.

Attachments

• 20240324_190652.jpg
    20240324_190652.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
  • 20240324_200129.jpg
    20240324_200129.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 68
  • 20240324_190714.jpg
    20240324_190714.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 69

oldworld

I lied. I got better shots. Still need to zoom in, but the individual heads can be made out, and they almost all seem pretty opaque. I see a couple that are still clear. She's drinking about half what she was at the beginning of the month, and leaves continue fading. 4 months in... I don't want to fuck it up now.

Attachments

• Picture_20240325015733.jpg
    Picture_20240325015733.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 52
  • Picture_20240325015749.jpg
    Picture_20240325015749.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 43
  • Picture_20240325015805.jpg
    Picture_20240325015805.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 45

kaochiu

Veteran
Hey NG73, the plant looks better than yesterday, leaves seem relaxed and of light but good colour. One less day to go. If you think the plant feels alone and the doll will cheer her up, maybe buy one of those parsley pots from the fresh fruit section as a pet for her. Just let her know when to water it! Just kidding.
Oldworld, With the zoom I'd say "mmmh, maybe they're getting some amber", but still I'd wait for not needing the zoom. It's true they remain the same for weeks, I cut them from seed at 14-15 weeks at first raw eye amber, but trichs were cloudy at 10-11 also.
Also, a cure as long as the grow improves the smoke and adds new depths, so, too reach its potential, chopping is just half way. I cut the outdoors just cloudy in early november, no visible amber, but still it went from "not bad" in December to "hard hitter" in February. Lucky you that harvest is closer, I'm still sprouting

Nextgeneration73

Hey NG73, the plant looks better than yesterday, leaves seem relaxed and of light but good colour. One less day to go. If you think the plant feels alone and the doll will cheer her up, maybe buy one of those parsley pots from the fresh fruit section as a pet for her. Just let her know when to water it! Just kidding.
Oldworld, With the zoom I'd say "mmmh, maybe they're getting some amber", but still I'd wait for not needing the zoom. It's true they remain the same for weeks, I cut them from seed at 14-15 weeks at first raw eye amber, but trichs were cloudy at 10-11 also.
Also, a cure as long as the grow improves the smoke and adds new depths, so, too reach its potential, chopping is just half way. I cut the outdoors just cloudy in early november, no visible amber, but still it went from "not bad" in December to "hard hitter" in February. Lucky you that harvest is closer, I'm still sprouting
Is this your first time with KA5H or have you done it before? Actually my girlfriend did put a real parsley plant outside near the window but for cooking purposes...

kaochiu

Veteran
Yeah, my first ever, not just KA5Hz, but also my first feminized seeds. Well, the second, as I grew the cuttings. I'm starting the third now, I've got a couple seeds going. I've got them for xmas22 pressie. Other old farts get boring socks and tacky ties and stinky colognes, but I always get seeds! Beat that, old farts. Anyway, I always keep trying to improve my skills, but I am a brute, can't help it. That said, there's no better teacher than failure. Here, this KA5hz cut outdoors, she grew in appalling conditions in an unsuitable clima, was chopped before I wanted and still after a good curing the taste is lipsmacking and the high makes your eyes independent.

Attachments

• IMG_0640.jpeg
    IMG_0640.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0679.jpeg
    IMG_0679.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56

oldworld

So... what do you mean not need the zoom? Like the color change becomes visible to the naked eye? The flash does seem to show them pretty well. Then what's with everybody talking about needing 30x and more to be able to tell?

As far as it goes, I'm in no hurry to get to it. Well a little, but commercial stuff has gotten cheap enough to keep me well supplied. It sucks, but it's cheap. A lot cheaper than if I were smoking cigarettes.

I think I'm going to try that malawi cob curing on some and see how that is at 3,6,12 months.

Yeah, my first ever, not just KA5Hz, but also my first feminized seeds. Well, the second, as I grew the cuttings. I'm starting the third now, I've got a couple seeds going. I've got them for xmas22 pressie. Other old farts get boring socks and tacky ties and stinky colognes, but I always get seeds! Beat that, old farts. Anyway, I always keep trying to improve my skills, but I am a brute, can't help it. That said, there's no better teacher than failure. Here, this KA5hz cut outdoors, she grew in appalling conditions in an unsuitable clima, was chopped before I wanted and still after a good curing the taste is lipsmacking and the high makes your eyes independent.
"Makes your eyes independent" 🤣

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
So... what do you mean not need the zoom? Like the color change becomes visible to the naked eye? The flash does seem to show them pretty well. Then what's with everybody talking about needing 30x and more to be able to tell?

As far as it goes, I'm in no hurry to get to it. Well a little, but commercial stuff has gotten cheap enough to keep me well supplied. It sucks, but it's cheap. A lot cheaper than if I were smoking cigarettes.

I think I'm going to try that malawi cob curing on some and see how that is at 3,6,12 months.

"Makes your eyes independent" 🤣
Cobbing is the way to go!

Those old Malawian dudes had there shit together. 🙂

oldworld

Cobbing is the way to go!

Those old Malawian dudes had there shit together. 🙂

Yeah, I would expect you to say that. 😉

I recognize you from the cob thread. I liked what you had to say. I'm still working on that thread. It's a monster. I'm just trying to figure a way to do it without buying the vacuum sealer. I want to try one before I commit.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Yeah, I would expect you to say that. 😉

I recognize you from the cob thread. I liked what you had to say. I'm still working on that thread. It's a monster. I'm just trying to figure a way to do it without buying the vacuum sealer. I want to try one before I commit.
Agreed, it's another expense, but they are fairly cheap. I got mine for 20€.

Cobbing really does improve good weed. And of you decide to chew it, the high is different again.😉

If you really want to try a little and you find yourself in Southern Spain, then give me a shout.🙂. Currently I have 11 different Sativas cobbed and I have 2 styles from each variety 😍

Cheech87

So she has gained a lot of weight although she was not treated so well I will get enough now only the high has to be good and I am very satisfied
I will stay with ACE Seeds and grow Panama a5 Haze under 12/12 cyclus next I am looking forward to it 🤗🤗🤗

Attachments

• 20240327_063130.jpg
    20240327_063130.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 20240327_063109.jpg
    20240327_063109.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 20240327_063126.jpg
    20240327_063126.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • 20240327_063856.jpg
    20240327_063856.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51

kaochiu

Veteran
Oldworld, yes, that's what I meant. Zooms and lenses are great for detail, I use one of those small lenses for stamps and coins, but after watching buds many times, a glimpse should be enough to tell for certain, amber calls your eye like a beam. Maybe I'm being a bit cryptic, it is about letting it be properly mature. A week extra doesn't overcook them, anyway. Other concerns might apply, that too.
Those cobs… I'm tempted too, after lurking a bit in Tangwena's great thread. Will wait for abundance. I've read some story years ago about someone in Malawi describing it, how was made by some tribe and the following trip. With just the concept and no technique, made the most stupid experiment, bit ashamed of the results. I got the colas, placed them between open reed and then a thick pack of maize leaf, then buried in a big pile of curing horse dung, thinking of leaving it there for a few months.
A while later we were digging and fertilizing the bit of ground for cereals with a rotavator machine, and I just forgot it was there. Some animals must have got extra tasty alfalfa.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag, and thanks for joining the conversation with your KA5H, @oldworld :)
You've got a Haze A dominant expression there, yet it looks almost done after 10 weeks of flowering or so. Unless she undergoes another reflowering, she is about to finish her last reflowering. How does she smell?