What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

Nextgeneration73

Hello ICMAG community, news from my KA5H, it's been thirteen and a half weeks since the pistils
View attachment 18989558 View attachment 18989559 View attachment 18989560 View attachment 18989561 View attachment 18989562 View attachment 18989563 View attachment 18989564 View attachment 18989565 View attachment 18989566
As you can see, I have a bunch of white pistils at the bottom, I started the flush three weeks ago now, do you think it will be able to mature this? I added some potting soil on top out of fear...I would like her to finish it all!
Ask your questions.
Is this normal for the lower buds to be weeks behind compared to the upper ones because mine look/smell/and feel to have that great gap.... Does this normally occur due to them getting less light? Lower buds seem to have much more underdeveloped and clearer trichomes whereas the upper ones seem smellier and are far more cloudy and milky trichomes and bigger.... So this would have to be the light I'm guessing?

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I posted this on my thread as well but wanted to share it here!

Harvest pics of my KA5! It’s a great plant! Really really like this one! I feel it’s a very Columbian pheno! I really like the light popcorn structure of the buds, already burns so good in a joint! It’s a sweet tasty light smoke that makes clouds, it’s feel good happy stuff that’s kinda up but I wouldn’t say cerebral! Not racey, not paranoid, no dirty feelings or bad come down. My buddy called me today who I gave some samples too and he said “This is the One”! I will come back and update a smoke report with a little more time in the jar if it last that long!

View attachment 18992135
View attachment 18992136 View attachment 18992137

Have a great day! 😀
These looks super impressive, i miss herb like this so much 😔. In my market i could never run these, i appreciate the time and effort involved here and this is super nice.

oldworld

You just let them shoot out. The dry air will stop them from going far. I'm kinda scared. The plastic pot is keeping the humidity too high for that, so what's happening in that between space...

Nextgeneration73

You just let them shoot out. The dry air will stop them from going far. I'm kinda scared. The plastic pot is keeping the humidity too high for that, so what's happening in that between space...
This whole comment is about my grow? It just doesn't say who it's being replied to you.... 🤔 I've been thinking of just ripping out the fabric pot tomorrow despite the roots sticking out or even ripping apart and just flushing it, because I have until Saturday, after that I go into the risk of us getting caught by (I'm not gonna say who the visitors might be) and not to mention that it turns out that my travel will be early so I also have to dry it in a carton brown box, with holes, next to a window and hanging on this thread I had already put days ago I'll show it sometime, but not now.... I'll have four five days to dry it and then paper wrap both the early lower buds and the more matured (compared to the lower ones) top cola buds which smell and look far more potent in two seperate paper wraps wrapped heavily in this plastic like baggy foil (I don't know the name) in a vaccumed sealed bag hidden and locked up 🔒 🔐 When I'm on my trip I'll be there for I still don't know maybe a few days or so .... And then I'll open it up once in a while to continue drying the buds, and then back to fermentation, which I hope really does age it and cure it to a far far far more psychedelic degree.... In the past I've had almost early harvested weed that I bought.... And I remember how it first it was one dimensional and useless until I fermented it.... It later on became psychedelic trippy magical ect ... I had a lot of it for quite a while..... Anyways I might post another pic soon, but I don't want people getting offended again that I'm posting all the time.... So don't worry all of you, when I'm done with all of this, I won't be annoying anyone for a long long time.... I won't have to, but I might come and check out the thread once in a while....

Last edited:

Cheech87

So my Ka5h is very strong from the high. It is uplifting for the first hour, then it becomes more body-emphasized, calming, and very pleasant. But if you smoke more, you end up sitting in a bubble without feelings, very narcotizing. The taste is currently rather earthy,nutty and woody with my variety, but it can still change a lot. Initially, the smell was very sweet with a bubblegum decaying flower smell, which seems familiar to me from old haze varieties. But when smoking, only an earthy hash note increases. I have no experience with the curing process of hazes, but I know that it varies with each strain; some are very tasty after a week, while others are terrible and only show their aroma after weeks or months. Unfortunately, the incense smell is not there; normally, the decaying flower smell should come back and add a little note of haze, but so far, not. How long have you cured it to say now the full potential is there? I am very satisfied with the yield: 214g dry and i did a lot mistakes.
So certainly not the last time I will grow this Strain 👌🙌🙌🙌👌

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240411_184213_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240411_184213_Photos.jpg
    704.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 20240425_180239.jpg
    20240425_180239.jpg
    655 KB · Views: 62
  • 20240425_180219.jpg
    20240425_180219.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

oldworld

So my Ka5h is very strong from the high. It is uplifting for the first hour, then it becomes more body-emphasized, calming, and very pleasant. But if you smoke more, you end up sitting in a bubble without feelings, very narcotizing. The taste is currently rather earthy,nutty and woody with my variety, but it can still change a lot. Initially, the smell was very sweet with a bubblegum decaying flower smell, which seems familiar to me from old haze varieties. But when smoking, only an earthy hash note increases. I have no experience with the curing process of hazes, but I know that it varies with each strain; some are very tasty after a week, while others are terrible and only show their aroma after weeks or months. Unfortunately, the incense smell is not there; normally, the decaying flower smell should come back and add a little note of haze, but so far, not. How long have you cured it to say now the full potential is there? I am very satisfied with the yield: 214g dry and i did a lot mistakes.
So certainly not the last time I will grow this Strain 👌🙌🙌🙌👌

Dubi said earlier 3 months. Pretty sure it was dubi. One of the heavies, at the very least.

I got the same harvest as you. To within a few grams. I dont remember exactly. I would leave it alone for a while. I cant resist sniffing it, but other than the floor nugs i sampled, I have no intention of touching until July.

But, man was that some good smoke. Even after less than 2 weeks from harvest, it smoked better than most dispensary bud. It was surprisingly smooth. I guess we have the same taste profile. I was definitely thinking earthy, kinda hashy. Speaking of hash, this stuff is so resinous i smoked a bowl for like 20 minutes, then gave up on it and smoked the same bowl in the morning. Way better than that auto I grew.

Old Fogey

Yeah I know, it's just that the roots were all shooting out and Didn't know what to do... Thanks again...
The roots are supposed to grow through the side of the fabric pot. When the tip burns off from exposure to the outside air the root sends out lateral shoots within the pot, increasing the overall size of the root zone and improving the plant's capacity to feed and its health more generally. Give it a try and you will see what I mean 😉

Peace

Nextgeneration73

The roots are supposed to grow through the side of the fabric pot. When the tip burns off from exposure to the outside air the root sends out lateral shoots within the pot, increasing the overall size of the root zone and improving the plant's capacity to feed and its health more generally. Give it a try and you will see what I mean 😉

Peace
Next grows I will ... I didn't know that

Cheech87

Dubi said earlier 3 months. Pretty sure it was dubi. One of the heavies, at the very least.

I got the same harvest as you. To within a few grams. I dont remember exactly. I would leave it alone for a while. I cant resist sniffing it, but other than the floor nugs i sampled, I have no intention of touching until July.

But, man was that some good smoke. Even after less than 2 weeks from harvest, it smoked better than most dispensary bud. It was surprisingly smooth. I guess we have the same taste profile. I was definitely thinking earthy, kinda hashy. Speaking of hash, this stuff is so resinous i smoked a bowl for like 20 minutes, then gave up on it and smoked the same bowl in the morning. Way better than that auto I grew.
I saw your crop your buds looked better than mine so nicer shape 🤤👍.
It's already delicious but I hope a touch of haze smell comes back, I'm definitely very curious.
I actually only smoke one weekend every 2 weeks but then I go off to the moon
So I'm sure I'll have enough for more than 1 year with all the other strains I have
I already thought that it would take a little longer with the curring that the aroma is completely there again but I have enough weed and time 🤓
I just don't have the patience to find incense haze 🫣

oldworld

I saw your crop your buds looked better than mine so nicer shape 🤤👍.
It's already delicious but I hope a touch of haze smell comes back, I'm definitely very curious.
I actually only smoke one weekend every 2 weeks but then I go off to the moon
So I'm sure I'll have enough for more than 1 year with all the other strains I have
I already thought that it would take a little longer with the curring that the aroma is completely there again but I have enough weed and time 🤓
I just don't have the patience to find incense haze 🫣
I'm still not really sure what that incense means in this case to be honest. That's probably what I have, why I can't nail down this smell. I don't know that I found what I was looking for, but at the very least I'm not disappointed. I really want to smoke some. I got store bought and some homegrown here, and keep trying to break into this stuff, so there's that.

I wish I could get back to only smoking occasionally. I've been a daily smoker for years. My harvest here will probably last 2 months once I break into it. That math doesn't work out. At least if I bought 8 ounces at the store, it would last 2 months.

Cheech87

@oldworld
I don't know if you've ever been in a church and the priest gives out smoke with a metal container with a chain and swings it to spread the smoke. If so, that smell is like incense to me. Neville Haze used to be almost exactly the same, only sweeter. There are also versions where it doesn't smell as strong or a little different, like roses or cat piss... 😂 but it always has that special note in the smell. It also lingers in the room for a long time. Must find it again. The only downside is that you can't stop smoking it 😅 too delicious.

I also used to smoke every day, a lot, even 5 to 10g, no problem. I didn't care about anything; I thought I had to smoke to be normal and couldn't stop. But I have a good wife who has led me on other paths. I now have 2 children and can't do it like before; it would end badly again 😅😂. But I don't regret anything; it was a great time. Unfortunately, I was shit at school, and now I have to work hard, but what the hell, I'm not the only one 🤣.

oldworld

@oldworld
I don't know if you've ever been in a church and the priest gives out smoke with a metal container with a chain and swings it to spread the smoke. If so, that smell is like incense to me. Neville Haze used to be almost exactly the same, only sweeter. There are also versions where it doesn't smell as strong or a little different, like roses or cat piss... 😂 but it always has that special note in the smell. It also lingers in the room for a long time. Must find it again. The only downside is that you can't stop smoking it 😅 too delicious.

I also used to smoke every day, a lot, even 5 to 10g, no problem. I didn't care about anything; I thought I had to smoke to be normal and couldn't stop. But I have a good wife who has led me on other paths. I now have 2 children and can't do it like before; it would end badly again 😅😂. But I don't regret anything; it was a great time. Unfortunately, I was shit at school, and now I have to work hard, but what the hell, I'm not the only one 🤣.

In my mind, I was expecting something like this black ganesh sticks they seem at the Indian mart. I mean I knew that wasn't accurate.

I think i have what you are looking for. You could come grab a snip, but you probably aren't in the same country

I don't find my marijuana consumption problematic in itself. I function just fine. I'm pretty sure it's because the weed just sucks. You gotta pay like 300 an ounce for decent weed around here. Pretty sure the stuff I get is closer to the Mexican brick weed we hear horror stories about.

I smoked my sample bowl of this at night and finished it in the AM. I don't do that even with the finest of government weed.

Nannymouse

In my mind, I was expecting something like this black ganesh sticks they seem at the Indian mart. I mean I knew that wasn't accurate.

I think i have what you are looking for. You could come grab a snip, but you probably aren't in the same country

I don't find my marijuana consumption problematic in itself. I function just fine. I'm pretty sure it's because the weed just sucks. You gotta pay like 300 an ounce for decent weed around here. Pretty sure the stuff I get is closer to the Mexican brick weed we hear horror stories about.

I smoked my sample bowl of this at night and finished it in the AM. I don't do that even with the finest of government weed.
Hey, our local dispensaries are USD 350...

Cheech87

@oldworld
Would love to come over to try it or make an exchange 🤗but I think you are right a few thousand kilometers are between.
Thats true, the weed here is terrible and stretched with synthetic cannabinoids, or even worse, that started 15 years ago or after the good haze came. This stretched haze, no one has honor anymore and just wants to make a quick buck. Now, this year, it became legal to grow 4 plants, but only from seeds. Yes, everything is much better, but back to the topic. Next grow, after the Panama A5 Haze, I will grow this strain again. Just need to hit the right pheno! 🤗🤗

Latest posts

Latest posts