What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

Old Fogey

A section of KA5H #2 under LED on day 55 of veg ... 40 minutes following heavy handed scrogging performed soon after a flush with FlashClean @12mls/gal - ph adjusted to 6.0.

Along with its two siblings, KA5H #2 recovers very quickly from rough handling and sub-optimal feeding. I'll post another shot in coming days for comparison.

I don't know what others think, but for me this is one of the easiest strains to grow that I've come across in the 15 years I've been growing commercially available seed obtained from professional breeders.

Thanks to Dubi and all involved in the creation of KA5H, it's an awesome plant.

Peace

20240320_165105.jpg

Old Fogey

Any day now I will flip KA5H #2 from my previous post. For the first time ever I will be flowering a single plant.

I know I need to remove the undergrowth in coming days, it was due some time ago. I've had reduced mobility since December and my general maintenance of the grow has been restricted.

I'm undecided on defoliation. I have a feeling that the stretch will be moderate. At any rate, I won't take anything at the tops, I'm just unsure on whether to take away leaf that is currently getting light on lower parts of the branches to promote growth points that are in the shade now, or whether to leave that leaf in place and strip away all growth below them.

On that last bit, all advice from the community is welcome.

Peace

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Personally i'm not a fan of defoliation; I preferred to tuck leaves underneath to expose more area to the light; although this does mean a lot of daily work.

But certainly remove all spindly weak growth.
When i used to do indoor I would carry on removing spindly growth all through the stretch period. If mobility allows you, then perhaps a little super cropping also, to even out the canopy as best as possible.

🙏

Old Fogey

Personally i'm not a fan of defoliation; I preferred to tuck leaves underneath to expose more area to the light; although this does mean a lot of daily work.

But certainly remove all spindly weak growth.
When i used to do indoor I would carry on removing spindly growth all through the stretch period. If mobility allows you, then perhaps a little super cropping also, to even out the canopy as best as possible.

🙏
Thank you. I needed affirmation more than anything. I usually tuck leaf away as you say and otherwise remove very little leaf. I'll stick with doing that as best as I'm able. Yes to supercropping too. I've done a little on the plant so far and it responds with vigor. The two largest tops are as far away from the centre of the grow as I would like them to be. I can't accomodate the stretch without them ending up on the edges of the light's footprint. I'm thinking of making two 90deg hard bends over the next few days or maybe risk flipping the top 8 inches almost 180 deg backwards, both approaches aiming to have the largest tops growing into the premium light supply.

So yeah, this plant needs a litte bit of supercropping now, probably more during the stretch. The tops are a nest of growth. I have some height to spare but I don't want to use it if I can avoid it.

I will take some of the spindly growth each feeding event until I get on top of it.

Peace

FeelHaze

My plant is in the 7th week so the size of the buds has grown well.
What the plant throws off is remarkable for me only the buds are a bit airy which I think is my fault or the pheno but I have not kept everything optimal by far that we have all seen here but I will continue to grow such plants I like them and want to learn to grow them properly which spurs me on even more

Calyxes should swell up between week 9 and 12.

Nextgeneration73

Yeah I think this plant is perfectly normal. Mine is also a paler green next to the Panama and the Malawi but its super healthy.

@Nextgeneration73 make sure not to overwater to avoid nutrient lockouts (importance of good dry/wet cycle).

Also, your plant look at least 3 weeks in flowering stage. Mine is on day 16 in the flowering stage and it is barely starting to throw pistils.

Good luck !
Wait you mean that by the looks of it looks like at week 3 of flower? Meaning week 3 out of the 9-13 weeks it needs in general right? Or okay let's just say 10-13 that it needs.... But that's what you meant right???

Nextgeneration73

Killer a5 Haze Day 44, and also week (either maybe) 1, 2 or even 3 of flowering, as I have no idea where the count down began even by looking back on the dates and/or my pictures, since I tried a different light/dark schedule approach than most... Perhaps I'd say week 1 and a half of visible flowering
IMG_20240320_192801.jpg
IMG_20240320_192754.jpg
IMG_20240320_192741.jpg

Last edited:

FeelHaze

Wait you mean that by the looks of it looks like at week 3 of flower? Meaning week 3 out of the 9-13 weeks it needs in general right? Or okay let's just say 10-13 that it needs.... But that's what you meant right???

End of week 3 probably yep.

Week 1-3 is the transition phase from veg to flowering. Plants grow a lot and stretch a lot. Then you start to see baby buds forming around the 3 week mark.

By looking at your plant, I'm confident it is almost done stretching. Plus the bud sites are well formed.

She's around 3 weeks in flowering. She will not be growing a lot more. From now on, she will put her ernergy forming buds.

FeelHaze

Full tent on day 17 in the flowering stage. KA5H in the middle. Still stretching and producing new leaves. Panama (right) is the front runner in term of developpement. She's already producing little budlets.

Attachments

• 20240320_145631.jpg
    20240320_145631.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 44

Consolidated

End of week 3 probably yep.

Week 1-3 is the transition phase from veg to flowering. Plants grow a lot and stretch a lot. Then you start to see baby buds forming around the 3 week mark.

By looking at your plant, I'm confident it is almost done stretching. Plus the bud sites are well formed.

She's around 3 weeks in flowering. She will not be growing a lot more. From now on, she will put her ernergy forming buds.
It is that he wants to chop it faster..., you write to him that it is already in the 3rd week of flowering....

I see him cutting it in 2 months...

Nextgeneration73

It is that he wants to chop it faster..., you write to him that it is already in the 3rd week of flowering....

I see him cutting it in 2 months...
Oh wait I thought for a moment that you had written two weeks as a joke but apparently it was something completely different, so I changed my comment... I was actually both applauding the (what I thought was) the joke, and cheering you on to keep it, it made a great comment as a laugh, but then I saw that you wrote months and not weeks 😲😳😢 I even removed the laughing emoji from the comment...

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Killer a5 Haze Day 44, and also week (either maybe) 1, 2 or even 3 of flowering, as I have no idea where the count down began even by looking back on the dates and/or my pictures, since I tried a different light/dark schedule approach than most... Perhaps I'd say week 1 and a half of visible flowering View attachment 18976128 View attachment 18976129 View attachment 18976130
This particular plant will be ready to chop the 15th of may at 6pm, with a 5% window for accuracy

kaochiu

Veteran
That's exactly what I said, the 3rd of June at lunchtime, 9 weeks, I never said "15th of May", maybe zombi spacebats hacked my account. Not often, but it happens.
You could bend it too towards one side, it's quite flexible, 45º are safe, but with care it could bend up to 90º and lower branches might stretch a bit too for a more even share of light thus more and better production and will take just a few hours to adjust, so it wouldn't slow its growth. Me thinks. Excuses again for the photo, but shows what i mean

Attachments

• IMG_0644.jpeg
    IMG_0644.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 35

Nextgeneration73

That's exactly what I said, the 3rd of June at lunchtime, 9 weeks, I never said "15th of May", maybe zombi spacebats hacked my account. Not often, but it happens.
You could bend it too towards one side, it's quite flexible, 45º are safe, but with care it could bend up to 90º and lower branches might stretch a bit too for a more even share of light thus more and better production and will take just a few hours to adjust, so it wouldn't slow its growth. Me thinks. Excuses again for the photo, but shows what i mean
I already did bend it towards one side it's already tied if you look at the last picture, but anymore than that and the light will not be able to even reach it 😆
As for your pic you sure it wasn't the zombie space bats that tied it down? 😲
Actually the reason your first comment about mine being ready the 15th of May at 6 pm was copied was due to me replying with a joke about setting up an alarm up for then but then I erased it. In icmag you can't completely delete a comment...

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

In case anyone thought I was being immature you guessed right, I just assumed that the comment written towards me was a person mocking me, and that maybe others were in on it, but knowing that I may be completely wrong or delusional about that idea I just added a joke to my reply, that's all I did.... I decided to post my next pics on my own thread because for some reason nobody is on here since the last comment.... Or maybe it's a holiday 🤔

Last edited:

Nannymouse

It's best to just assume that there are very different writing styles, also many who are not 'english first' speakers/writers. It's tough for many of us to be understood with what we write. Yes, there are occasional a-holes, or someone who has had too much to drink/toke/whatever, but don't let them get you upset and flinging back.

Latest posts

Latest posts