What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

Tony21

These 2 bushy plants are still bushy, only larger lol

Moved the one the first 2 pics to the flower tent today, the other one is still in veg, 7 weeks now, and due to some space issues over in the flower tent, probably another 2 weeks or so in veg View Image

These 2 bushy ones are still bushy no kidding

First one 1 week into flower with 7 weeks of veg in the trunks

picture.php

View image in gallery

2nd one, 8 weeks veg so far

Morthan Hobby

I have 2 going. The first in flower has doubled in size very quickly. Now flowering. Will post updates on both. Hope this strain is as good as promoted.

HerbBert

Can any one tell me what have I done to cause one of my clones to grow like this? it wasnt fimed of anything, maybe it was just potted up too late ?.

SolarLogos

Can any one tell me what have I done to cause one of my clones to grow like this? it wasnt fimed of anything, maybe it was just potted up too late ?.

View Image
Looks to me like the plant just decided to lean to the right. The branch on the left is a lower branch trying to take over as the lead. It probably tilted because the nodes are off-set, like it was going into preflower stretch. Is that what your referring to or is there something I missed? Sorry if I did.
Edit: I should say, that one node is off-set where the left branch took over. Seems it is back to vegging normal with respect to newer nodes starting to line up together.
Hope it helps.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Caswellian,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Really massive yielding Killer A5 Hazes
in your garden, with a wide variety of phenos. Great job! :tiphat:

What's your opinion on the different phenotypes after a good curing ?

Killer A5 Haze @ week 10
Here are all the phenotypes in my garden.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mr D,

Thanks, i'm really proud of this joint collaboration with Sammy, and hopefully more will come in the future! :huggg:

I agree, the NL5/Haze release from Nevil was the strongest commercial hybrid from late 80s-90s, at least until his elite NL5/Haze parental plants were crossed to produce the original Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze releases, which in my point of view had louder and more refined terpene profiles and were more indoor friendly due to the introduction of Skunk.

Glad to hear you have had the chance to explore Killer A5 Haze hybrid, especially knowking you have had first hand experience with Malawi and with original NL5/Haze release. You are also a great sativa connoisseur so your feedback on your cured Killer A5 Hazes will be greatly appreciated :)

Big thanks to Dubi and Yo Sammy for this one.

Going back to 1998 this is the most potent seedbank strain I've ever had. So far I've only sampled some freshly dried bud so I'll wait until I've done a proper cure before giving a full report.

I've grown Ace's Malawi and several Malawi hybrids over the last 18 months. So it's a strain I'm familiar with.

I believe I ended up with 2 out of 2 NL/Haze phenos and so far I'm not detecting much if any Malawi influence. I gave a 3rd seed to a friend and he is reporting basically the same results which would be 3 out of 3 NL/Haze phenos.

Like any hybrid with this much variation you stand a good chance of finding an A5 dominant keeper.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi JimMuscles,

Killer A5 Haze is very suitable both for SOGs due to her big production on the main cola, and also for SCROGs due to its excellent reaction to pruning and for its great yield on lateral branches.

There are many great examples of ACE strans' indoor grows from clones here in this room. To make an indoor sativa SOG is better to explore first different phenotypes from seed and choose the ones that are more suitable for your taste and growing style, and then grow in SOG the selected proven female from clones. Sexually matured sativa clones will produce much more compact and more suitable sized plants for a SOG than the same strain from seed.

Good luck with yours! ;)

Im planning on doing a SoG with this. Anybody have any quick tips for me? I notice there arent many plants grown from clone in the Ace section.

It's interesting it's got the thin leaves yet stayed short.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi knuckles,

Thanks for supporting this release and for your great frequent updates :)

Very neat indoor setup! Your Killers A5 Haze are looking great in mid flowering, they are indeed very hungy plants. Glad you are already detecting the meaty and old leather signature A5 Haze terpene profile in your plants ;) Best wishes for the rest of the flowering!

Here’s a few pics @week 6,overfed them a bit,but really starting to put on some weight and stickyness..

I did notice some liver, old leather, haziness last week...definitely different than what I’m familiar with.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback hard rain,

If you (or others) prefer super clean functional and uplifting effects then Oldtimer's Haze, pure Ethiopian, pure Honduras, etc ... are much more suitable choices than Malawi, A5 Haze or Killer A5 Haze which is a blend of both. Killer A5 Haze has never been advertised as clean or functional, more on the opposite: she is completely destructive and mind (and body) blowing in a dangerous way.

It looked great, covered in trichomes but I just didn't like the effect. I thought Malawi would be intense and trippy but it wasn't really. To me it had a slightly annoying high and I also didn't find it that strong. There was some that I cobbed that improved after about a year but still not what I was after. Maybe Malawi crosses are good. Personally I didn't like it, but obviously a lot of people do.

I have grown a few Ace varieties now and this was my least favourite. So far have loved the OTH, Ethiopian, and the Congo was reasonably good. I may try some Malawi crosses but I am a bit wary as I grow for personal use and having a whole plant that you don't really like and can only get rid of by consuming it yourself is not great. I have limited space too so I need to choose varieties that I will likely enjoy.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Zomboy,

Yes, the reason is explained in the official description of the strain:

"With Killer A5 Haze our main goal was to create a sativa dominant hybrid that would maintain (and even exceed) the extreme potency, high vigour and high yields of the A5 mother, and we have achieved this by hybridising her with the killer phenotypes of our powerful Malawi, with which we have increased the THC content even further, reaching as high as 30% (the upper limit that cannabis plants can produce). At the same time we have considerably increased resin production and trichome size, and we have reduced the long flowering time of the A5 Haze to something more moderate (not only indoors, but also in its faster reaction to flowering outdoors) without having to introduce indica genetics."

any info on why the Malawi was chosen to cross to the A5?

Best wishes for the flowering stage! :tiphat:

Just put mine into flower last week

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful compact thin-leaved pheno, ColaCalyx :)

Please, keep us updated with her development during flowering.
Glad she is stinks :D

My short bushy thin-leaved A5 Killer started forming buds this week. She is packed dense as hell, I can't see through her haha. Here she is looking happy in her 45 gallons

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag entonces. Me alegro verte por aquí :)

Yours seem to have a good dose of NL too.
Please, let us know what's your opinion about her after the curing.

That one its a clone from the same plant, Im back whit smoke report in 2 months or so...

I

IncenseRosemary

Hi Mr D,

Thanks, i'm really proud of this joint collaboration with Sammy, and hopefully more will come in the future! :huggg:

I agree, the NL5/Haze release from Nevil was the strongest commercial hybrid from late 80s-90s, at least until his elite NL5/Haze parental plants were crossed to produce the original Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze releases, which in my point of view had louder and more refined terpene profiles and were more indoor friendly due to the introduction of Skunk.

Glad to hear you have had the chance to explore Killer A5 Haze hybrid, especially knowking you have had first hand experience with Malawi and with original NL5/Haze release. You are also a great sativa connoisseur so your feedback on your cured Killer A5 Hazes will be greatly appreciated :)

Hy Dubi,i have some question how do you compare high of Killer Malawi mother and A5 mother not from seeds straight mother plants?. Are those high stronger than Amnesia Haze orignal one.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi IncenseRosemary,

Our Killer Malawi mothers and A5 Haze are probably the strongest sativa smokes i've ever experienced.
Both deliver an owerpering and super long lasting psychedelic life-changing effect that blows the mind and body even to the hardest and most experienced smokers.

Amnesia Haze is also very strong and has a relative fast flowering .... i think it is some kind of NL5/HazeC selection.
A friend of mine grows perpetually a very good Amnesia clone for 10 years, yet he prefers the effects of my Killer Malawis and pure Angolese mothers.

Amnesia Haze is a very solid plant, but i don't think it is better than the best Haze hybrids from the 90s (Jack Herer, Jack Flash or Kali Mist).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Syd friend :)

You have a deep first hand experience with our strongest and most incensey sativa strains, so your feedback about your last season Killer A5 Haze is greatly appreciated.
Glad to know she produced the most potent and aromatic buds from your last season garden.

I'm eager to know your opinion about the new hybrids ;)

Last year's Killer A5 was the most potent and most fragnant herb of the bunch.From just one seed,I'd guess this was not a coincidence...And,yeah,it's full on incense haze for me :) Also less dark high-less introspection than pure malawi I had.

Hi Dogstar! Glad that my report motivated you trying those!

I am finding that there are really different tastes and needs that make a person's experience with a cross(or to put it better one ore more expressions of it) a pleasant or unpleasant one. So there are subjective criteria in most if not all reports.

What is really objective is that it hits harder than the rest I got.I have a high tolerance and this one is the one that always gets me no matter what.

The effect development was really interesting throughout the cure.At first it was an awesome pleasurable floaty kind of high,no raciness or anything.After about a month it started showing its true face.A friend had a really good herborizer hit and told me it caused distorted vision.For me it had a rush but not unpleasant.The malawi x panama at the same stage of curing reminded me more of straight malawi...Now it's strong but has narcotic properties,too.The killer a5 now is like a classic strong weed for me.This is certainly a keeper.I wish I could grow a cut inside in full light power.

Straight malawi was fantastic for me.Not dark thoughts exactly,just rollercoaster effect.Get really high then drop down almost crashing and when you think it's over it coming again in waves...But it kept this character for about 3 months,then it was just some strong herb :biggrin:Made me have dreams when I smoked at night,which is very rare for me when using a lot of cannabis.