What's new

Killer a5 Haze (First grow ever)

Nextgeneration73

Some thirty minutes after I watered and also opened a few windows (but only shortly) it went just a bit crooked some time after that 😕 🤔 Maybe the stem is too long and thin, I don't know if should I add some additional bit of soil around the stem? Too much water maybe, because the soil was dry before that and the plant wasn't crooked.
IMG_20240208_083832_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

X15

As for one of your questions, no it doesn't have any dimmable features whatsoever cause apparently I bought the one that was cheaper out of the two I was deciding in between 😀 The other one was only a bit more expensive and a big larger with the dimmable features. I ignorantly avoided noticing that the second one didn't show the same features. So I basically chose the younger brother LED light 😀. Light intensity however is a bit more intense than what these pictures show... How early should I get a fan going? The air isn't stuffy at all though since many windows outside of the room stay open leading to the same room several times in the day or night, but the heaters are on too and yes the bills will go up as a result of that 😀 I live at the edge of the city closer to the Mountain)nature/forest part of it and the air is fresh and flowing... It's like being almost in the city but almost out of it...
Ok cool. It happens. You didn’t think the bigger one would fit so totally understand. So it’s prob a 100watt light, correct? How big is your fan? Is it a little clip on fan? If it’s like a 6 inch fan you could find a way to clip it up top somewhere. Maybe on like a cheap light tripod or something. Maybe equal with the height of the light but to the side of it pointing down, maybe not directly at the plant for now but off to the side. Just to get things moving. As for the heat issue. I fear it’s going to cost you an arm and a leg if you continue to crank your room heater for one plant. Cannabis can handle slightly cooler air temps if the root temps are warmer. So I recommend getting a small heat pad and thermostat. This should allow you to not have to turn up your room heater as much. They sell them pretty cheap in amazon. I believe something like a 30watt would prob do. Put that heat mat under the base of the pot. And the little probe that comes connected to the thermostat… stick that little guy directly into the soil of the pot. If you do take that route I’d recommend putting something thick under the heat pad so most of the heat doesn’t just dissipate downwards. Where I’m at they sell smaller cuts of styrofoam insulation board, like 1/2-1 inches… even less would work better than nothing. Some have a silver side to help redirect heat. Ideally you would want to put that silver side facing up to help direct the heat upwards into the pot. I’ll attach a pic of how I use that kind of set up for my clone domes.

X15

It’s looking just fine @Nextgeneration73
Looks plenty wet tho. I’d cut back on the spraying and let it do its thing.
Like @flylowgethigh said, get some microbes in that soil if you haven’t already but don’t drench the soil again if it looks wet like it does now.
A cheap microbe product you can find that helps combat overwatering is Sav-A-Chick Probiotic. It’s got Bacillus Subtilis in it. It’s cheap. You can find it at an animal feed store for a couple bucks. 1/4-1/2 tsp per gallon of none chlorinated water.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
If the stem on that sprout gets too long and weak, you can add new soil on top to make the stem ‘shorter’ by shortening the part that is exposed.

I draw my house water from the hot side and let it cool. The house has carbon filtration which helps cut down the chlorine smell, and the hot water heater also helps cook off the chlorine.

I use aloe in the water when roots are what are growing. They seem to like aloe at that stage.

I like my soil wet and full of microbes. May be wrong, but it seems to work.

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Seedlings' root system is too small for wet compost. The compost will start to rot, and become an unhealthy environment for the roots that reach that area.
Chlorine is nutralised the moment it makes contact with the compost, no need to evaporate it off first, unless it's being taken from a public swimming pool. We are talking UK drinking water here. Personally I'm more concerned about the estrogen and antidepressants present in it than the chlorine levels.
Don't worry about seedling stem lengths. It'll fall over soon enough, then it'll put more energy into strengthening itself rather than stretching. Then it'll stand up again. Best way to deal with it is get it a bit closer to the light.

Nextgeneration73

If the stem on that sprout gets too long and weak, you can add new soil on top to make the stem ‘shorter’ by shortening the part that is exposed.

I draw my house water from the hot side and let it cool. The house has carbon filtration which helps cut down the chlorine smell, and the hot water heater also helps cook off the chlorine.

I use aloe in the water when roots are what are growing. They seem to like aloe at that stage.

I like my soil wet and full of microbes. May be wrong, but it seems to work.
I'll be sure to add more soil soon ... I already put it on 12/12 just in case of space limitation and time in general...

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Seedlings' root system is too small for wet compost. The compost will start to rot, and become an unhealthy environment for the roots that reach that area.
Chlorine is nutralised the moment it makes contact with the compost, no need to evaporate it off first, unless it's being taken from a public swimming pool. We are talking UK drinking water here. Personally I'm more concerned about the estrogen and antidepressants present in it than the chlorine levels.
Don't worry about seedling stem lengths. It'll fall over soon enough, then it'll put more energy into strengthening itself rather than stretching. Then it'll stand up again. Best way to deal with it is get it a bit closer to the light.
Got it 👍 I'll see what I can use to rise it up higher soon.

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Edit: After I woke up this morning I fell asleep again and woke up a bit late. Instead of at 8:00 am I turned on the light at 8:40 am, last night I turned it off at 8:00 pm so basically that's closer to 11/13 rather 12/12. Should I keep on this schedule though? Interestingly enough the slightly open closet door and darkened room with curtains darkening the room had it exposed to very very mild light when I came to check it at 8:40 am to turn on the light since it's bright daylight outside of the room with the early morning sun shining directly at the room. However on the other hand it's already pitch black dark by 6:30 pm in the evening, especially in the room itself. So the light went off last night an hour and a half after the room would become pitch black dark. But got turned back on about an hour and a half after lastly being pitch black dark... Oh and I used these notebooks to rise it up yet even higher to the light! 😁 I haven't watered it yet this morning as I'm waiting to make sure that the soil is dry first... However the two smallest leaves have a bit of yellow on them 🤔
IMG_20240209_091741.jpg

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

I can't really tell if the soil is still wet or not, to the touch it does seem just a bit damp.. I still haven't watered this morning after lights back on and I'm waiting see if that yellow color will stay or go on the edge of the two little leaves, I'm still deciding on when to water...
IMG_20240209_103135_SR.jpg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I can't really tell if the soil is still wet or not, to the touch it does seem just a bit damp.. I still haven't watered this morning after lights back on and I'm waiting see if that yellow color will stay or go on the edge of the two little leaves View attachment 18957409

Just a bit damp is fine.

And the yellowing is nothing to worry about.

It might be worth installing a timer. 🙂

Nextgeneration73

Just a bit damp is fine.

And the yellowing is nothing to worry about.

It might be worth installing a timer. 🙂
You mean a timer for the light schedules? I have a phone that I basically sleep and eat with and even use while working in my meetings during the day, so I easily keep an eye on the time, however this morning once my alarm woke me up at 7:25 so that I would get up and turn back on the light, I thought to myself, meh I'll just lay down a bit more, and what happened was that I fell asleep and fortunately woke up at almost 8:40 😬😳. So I turned on the MarsHydro 40 minutes late. Last night it was turned off at 8:00 pm. I'm wondering though if I should just keep it on this schedule for now.
Okay then I'll spray/ water a bit but maybe only around the plant and not the entire compost because it does feel kindof dry now. Edit: I'm writing this just a few minutes later, I sprayed around the plant, the spray was turned to a somewhat stronger force and I kind of freaked out when I hit the lower stem with the spraying water which was shooting out with a bit more force this time, but it seems fine though (the stem), still I tried my best to only get the water around it without it hitting the stem because I noticed that the spray was turned on a bit heavier, it's hard though because the space setting is tiny and hard to move into when spraying, I then added another notebook to bring the plant just a bit higher yet again...The reason I let the spray shoot water harder is because if it's tightened then then it sprays lightly but the water goes everywhere, otherwise when it's loosened it sprays stronger but in only one line shooting out the water.
IMG_20240209_105622.jpg

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I don't think that a slight change to the schedule at this point in time will make any difference, but a timer will make life easier; you can lie in whenever you want to then.🙂😂

Be very careful not to over water.
Many a little plant has been killed with kindness. 🙁

X15

Hi @Nextgeneration73 ! Hey just to share some of my watering practices with ya. I’ll get my soil moisture where I like it (fill the pot up) the day before I plant seedlings… then I’ll plant the seedling and give it a little spray with a pump sprayer. Then I’ll often not spray it again for a few days. Seedlings can easily go 3+ days with out watering. Just my experience. Things are looking good!