What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer a5 Haze (First grow ever)

Nextgeneration73

Screenshot_20240201-194155.png

Nextgeneration73

I think they might have forgotten to pack part of your tent.
No we just decided to not use it, for now! 😂 😆🤣 Edit: I forgot to mention why though, our tent seems to not be able to fit over the way we constructed it and also the light won't hang from those white poles, so this was the only way, plus we thought the more air flow the better.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Welcome friend. It's best to use dixie cups with holes in the bottom. I never cover my cups because it can shut off the oxygen needed in the root zone. IF you weigh your cup of soil dry and wet you can tell how much water you have at any given time. I write both weights on the cups to help with watering.

fatseedlin.JPG

IMG_2090.JPG

Nextgeneration73

Welcome friend. It's best to use dixie cups with holes in the bottom. I never cover my cups because it can shut off the oxygen needed in the root zone. IF you weigh your cup of soil dry and wet you can tell how much water you have at any given time. I write both weights on the cups to help with watering.

View attachment 18954147

View attachment 18954148
The paper)plastic cover up over the pot is for the germination in direct soil method, everyone recommended it on other sites or even clips on YouTube buy since I was skeptical I asked people here as well. Nobody really said: "Go for it" when it came to that method, but they never said don't do it either so I just went for it. So should I take off the wrap cover from the pot? My main question was though if I should from time to time spray the soil with water while it's germinating or just leave it. The soil Bio All mix and I personally have a hard time telling how wet or dry it is by touch. The soil is a black color with white looking fertilizers it seems and looks the same whether wet or dry. I don't have anything to weight it with either to tell. People on other sites keep saying to not soak the seeds while their germinating. But as far as I know they also shouldn't dry out either. The cover up is so that it stays moist inside, and it has holes on top, I don't know if it's not better to uncover it, some say that without the cover they can dry out too fast and then they have to be sprayed very often. I don't know what to believe because people have different theories online. My MarsHydro LED still ain't running but I'm wondering if I should. I'm not sure if it's high enough. Also I had to put on the heater in the room because it almost froze at one point. But I hope that the air becoming stuffier isn't an issue. Does it need an open window all the time the way I'm doing it? I had it opened last night several times right after noticing how stuffy and hot the room was after being heated for months without a window being opened whatsoever. Our other bedrooms are okay because we use them but this one is the guestroom and yesterday it was stuffy as fuck. Now the air seems fresh, but rather cold 😕 Any ideas anyone else? Also should I take off the wrap cover from the pot entirely?

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Once you've exposed your seeds to water, letting them dry out is fatal. A mistake I've made several times. At this point, overly wetting your seeds is not an issue at all. It can be a problem if you over water your compost though. So yes, spraying the surface of the soil with a water sprayer is the ideal solution.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Providing your soil is moist, then spaying shouldn't be necessary, unless it starts to dry out. Personally i never cover my pots.

I'd expect it to break through the soil within a few days. Ace seeds are very viable.

Keep your remaining seeds in the fridge, in a sealed container.

Nextgeneration73

My soil seemed a bit dry so I sprayed some more, and took off the cover for now. Personally I don't recall last night how deep we buried it, I remember that the dug out wasn't too deep at all, but when I told my partner to add very little she added a bit more than I kept advising her while I was holding the pot and spraying. Either way I gently tapped the soil over it and sprayed some more but hopefully it wasn't wasn't overdone... I hope this soil isn't too thick for it to sprout. If it were a bit too deep what could one person do in such a case? 😕 Or should I just leave it. I don't have the time to start germination with the next seed all over unless I want an even earlier harvest. That's all thanks to our order coming in so late... By the way the soil is now in between damp and soaked. But more towards damp.
IMG_20240202_134526.jpg

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Once you've exposed your seeds to water, letting them dry out is fatal. A mistake I've made several times. At this point, overly wetting your seeds is not an issue at all. It can be a problem if you over water your compost though. So yes, spraying the surface of the soil with a water sprayer is the ideal solution.
Gotcha 👌

420PyRoS

The paper)plastic cover up over the pot is for the germination in direct soil method, everyone recommended it on other sites or even clips on YouTube buy since I was skeptical I asked people here as well. Nobody really said: "Go for it" when it came to that method, but they never said don't do it either so I just went for it. So should I take off the wrap cover from the pot? My main question was though if I should from time to time spray the soil with water while it's germinating or just leave it. The soil Bio All mix and I personally have a hard time telling how wet or dry it is by touch. The soil is a black color with white looking fertilizers it seems and looks the same whether wet or dry. I don't have anything to weight it with either to tell. People on other sites keep saying to not soak the seeds while their germinating. But as far as I know they also shouldn't dry out either. The cover up is so that it stays moist inside, and it has holes on top, I don't know if it's not better to uncover it, some say that without the cover they can dry out too fast and then they have to be sprayed very often. I don't know what to believe because people have different theories online. My MarsHydro LED still ain't running but I'm wondering if I should. I'm not sure if it's high enough. Also I had to put on the heater in the room because it almost froze at one point. But I hope that the air becoming stuffier isn't an issue. Does it need an open window all the time the way I'm doing it? I had it opened last night several times right after noticing how stuffy and hot the room was after being heated for months without a window being opened whatsoever. Our other bedrooms are okay because we use them but this one is the guestroom and yesterday it was stuffy as fuck. Now the air seems fresh, but rather cold 😕 Any ideas anyone else? Also should I take off the wrap cover from the pot entirely?

Hey man, I'd take that cover off soon as she pops out. It's got holes, air is getting in, but soon as she's up I'd want the pot to start drying up normally. Being cold may just delay things popping but ive had stunting issues germing seeds in the cold outside in my shed so watch for that when they're up. I wouldn't worry about *stuffy* air... it's still 20.9% oxygen unless it's a confined space.

Keep that seed warm.

Oops noticed you took the cover off. I never use anything like that so prob not a big deal. Seed being deeper just may take longer to push up.

Last edited:

420PyRoS

Also man, this is why some of us do the seed soak 24hr in water plus paper towel method. I get nature, and we should do things naturally, but let's face it, we are growing indoors. When time/space becomes issues, you need to 'know' and not lose time especially when going from indoor to outdoor transplant.

That way you know the seed is always wet, you can check it 100 times a day after 24 hour soak in the paper towel, and plant it soon as she cracks to your perfect depth. 👌 (Or not if the seeds a dud)

Just my opinion of course. :)

Also, pretty ballsy growing killer A5 haze as your first. Hats off to you!

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Hey man, I'd take that cover off soon as she pops out. It's got holes, air is getting in, but soon as she's up I'd want the pot to start drying up normally. Being cold may just delay things popping but ive had stunting issues germing seeds in the cold outside in my shed so watch for that when they're up. I wouldn't worry about *stuffy* air... it's still 20.9% oxygen unless it's a confined space.

Keep that seed warm.

Oops noticed you took the cover off. I never use anything like that so prob not a big deal. Seed being deeper just may take longer to push up.
I took the cover off after people telling me how maybe I shouldn't use it 😂 I mean I could put it back on 😂 If that helps, otherwise I have to lightly spray water over the soil once every few hours or so, I try to gently touch the soil to make sure it's damp and not dry or over soaked, right now it's not as stuffy as it was yesterday so room is great, but the heater is on if that's not an issue though? Otherwise it'll get hella cold again ❄️🥶 Last night I perhaps made the mistake of turning off the heater and shortly opening the window for several times for a few minutes, (even though it doesn't reach that closet directly so so much) but still, two hours and a half later it was cold as hell and I turned the heater on slightly and then in the very early morning even turned it up to 26 degrees Celsius. The room is now back to being warm but no longer stuffy, it hadn't had any air flow before the grow because it's a unused guestroom. Like I said now it's perfect, itst back to warm. However the cold temperature that I had left it in earlier this previous morning before dawn really worried me and still continues to worry me heavily that I did such a thing 😕 Still it wasn't that that cold like outside but probably below 20 degrees Celsius maybe 19, or 18, or lower idk to be honest but luckily I woke up to change that and I warmed up the room but slowly.

Last edited: