What's new

Killer a5 Haze (First grow ever)

Nextgeneration73

Okay so long story short, a few hours ago, my seedling🌱 grew from what's shown in the pictures on the last page into a much bigger and taller youngling. However... After probably spraying water when I should have left it to dry out more and turning off the LED light for two hours it kind of tilted to the right. I turned the light back on and I found it slightly tilted like this, however two hours before that it was standing straight facing directly up towards the light, but then after a dark hour and half it went a bit to the right, and it's now been another hour with the light on. Any ideas? Is it the soil that needs to dry out completely or the light that needs to stay on? (I still haven't changed the schedule to 12/12 yet)
IMG_20240207_040234_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Nextgeneration73

Looks good!

If you're going the "grow your own" route, it's best to grow a bunch of seedlings and then select the very best among the population. You can only determine that by growing enough and smoking enough of the varieties, I personally recommend you select for plants that mature from the bottom up, the tops/main colas being the last flowers to reach maturity. I find the malawi phenotype that do this are much more stimulating and euphoric and generally flower about a week faster than the longer flowering malawi expressions, although those have more psychedelic/cbg/thcv phenotypes.
Sorry but what's the difference between Malawi phenotype and longer flowering Malawi expressions? I'm a bit not up to speed with the second one. Do you mean Malawi phenotype on this (or other) strain(s) vs pure Malawi or something entirely different? I was thinking some while back on buying Malawi as well, but thought to myself that I wouldn't have the time or space to cultivate such a (far) taller and longer flowering plant, lol 😆. Meaning from what I understood it grows even taller and takes longer than KA5H.

Shua1991

Sorry but what's the difference between Malawi phenotype and longer flowering Malawi expressions? I'm a bit not up to speed with the second one. Do you mean Malawi phenotype on this (or other) strain(s) vs pure Malawi or something entirely different? I was thinking some while back on buying Malawi as well, but thought to myself that I wouldn't have the time or space to cultivate such a (far) taller and longer flowering plant, lol 😆. Meaning from what I understood it grows even taller and takes longer than KA5H.
If you grow ace seeds malawi, you will encounter a few phenotypes, a silver spear one, a noticeable chunky gold one, and one in the middle. I only grew 40 plants but distinctly remember seeing 3 phenotypes. The two I named were the main 2, the third is similar to both, but matures from the bottom of the plant upwards. The first one takes 13-14 weeks, the second takes about 14 weeks on the dot, the third takes 13 weeks to get 65% cloudy which was my favorite, after 3 months the cure makes a long lasting 3-4 hour effect with slow tolerance buildup. I think certain terps contribute to tolerance buildup, Malawi is rather low odor, mango/carrot/nutmeg/seed oil/rotting mango/ related terps are likely mycene a dominant which contributes to a heavy more dense euphoric effect. You really will not enjoy the entirety of Malawi's potential and chemotype without a 3+ month cure. That's how it is with landrace sativas, you may get lucky with a A5/NL phenotype, faster flowering. Expect to flower it for 13 weeks and if you start from seed at 10/14 lighting schedule(on/off) you can get it to flower at roughly 5+ weeks, then I'd say another 13+, as others have stated, Expect the smokeable flowers to be ready for harvest in a minimum of 18+ weeks.

Last edited:

X15

make sure to keep a consistent light schedule. The plants rely on consistency. With genetics like that… right now, I’d run the light 16 hrs on and 8 hrs off. Do that for a couple weeks and see how big she gets. If she’s still really small and under developed you can keep it going a little longer. I know you don’t have much room so you will want to switch to 12/12 sooner than later… then maybe 11/13 two or three weeks into flower for the remainder. Best of luck to ya!

Nextgeneration73

make sure to keep a consistent light schedule. The plants rely on consistency. With genetics like that… right now, I’d run the light 16 hrs on and 8 hrs off. Do that for a couple weeks and see how big she gets. If she’s still really small and under developed you can keep it going a little longer. I know you don’t have much room so you will want to switch to 12/12 sooner than later… then maybe 11/13 two or three weeks into flower for the remainder. Best of luck to ya!
It now stretched further, (no longer being tilted but straight up 😊) but I'm wondering if I shouldn't add something beneath it to have it at least 1/3 of a foot higher up closer to the MarsHydro LED light. It's about three feet away. However then I would have to eventually put it back down lower once it stretches. I would've hung it on the pole the closet has which is higher above it, but the chains that my MarsHydro came with are not the proper size 😕🤔 If they had made them just a tad bit bigger they.light could've been placed in many places without an issue. But instead they had to make them a unusable size. I'll take pictures later since right now I'm sleepy and didn't feel well earlier. We have these crazy neighbors above us always banging and stomping 24/7, we once even had a few conflicts arise with them they once even came here kicking the door screaming and threatening (they were drunk)... Anyway, it's a long story but point is that I'm under slept these nights from both the loud noises and caring for this plant. These neighbors above us however are not the only crazy ones here, they have other friends in the same building. Some type of shady wealthy people who have no respect for others...

Reactions: X15

X15

It now stretched further, (no longer being tilted but straight up 😊) but I'm wondering if I shouldn't add something beneath it to have it at least 1/3 of a foot higher up closer to the MarsHydro LED light. It's about three feet away. However then I would have to eventually put it back down lower once it stretches. I would've hung it on the pole the closet has which is higher above it, but the chains that my MarsHydro came with are not the proper size 😕🤔 If they had made them just a tad bit bigger they.light could've been placed in many places without an issue. But instead they had to make them an unusable size. I'll take pictures later since right now I'm sleepy and didn't feel well earlier. We have these crazy neighbors above us always banging and stomping 24/7, we once even had a few conflicts arise with them they once even came here kicking the door screaming and threatening (they were drunk)... Anyway, it's a long story but point is that I'm under slept these nights from both the loud noises and caring for this plant. These neighbors above us however are not the only crazy ones here, they have other friends in the same building. Some type of shady wealthy people who have no respect for others...
Sorry about your lack of sleep. I feel your pain. I have a girlfriend that snores like a banshie. Not cool. Anywho lol. As for the light,… 3 feet is ok right now. It’s so young that I’d stride on the safer side. It’ll grow up and get bigger, but if you notice it’s starting to get elongated and starting to look like it’s losing it’s ability to stay upright (like 3-4 inches or more) it would be helpful to prop up the plant and get it a little closer. Please post some pics in a few days so we can see if it’s stretching towards the light. Any of us will be able to give you advice on getting that light closer if your plant needs it. Also, does that light have a Dimmable feature?
As for the moisture of the soil, it looks to be plenty wet in the pic. Id go with the instinct you felt earlier regarding the water spray and wait to add any more water. It should be good for now.
Much Respect!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I run sprouts 24/0 while in Dixie cups in the nursery until they have enough roots / leaves to go into the bags. Then it is 18/6 until flipping to 12/12 when veg is stalling and I want them to stretch.

Keep that soil wet and add some microbes.

X15

I run sprouts 24/0 while in Dixie cups in the nursery until they have enough roots / leaves to go into the bags. Then it is 18/6 until flipping to 12/12 when veg is stalling and I want them to stretch.

Keep that soil wet and add some microbes.
Very cool. I too have ran sprouts at 24 but years ago I stopped. 1, I wanted to save on electricity and 2, I get much healthier plants when they get ample dark time. I’ve noticed 24 hrs on doesn’t speed anything up. There is no 24 hr veg time in nature.
Now if I’m keeping mothers long term and haven’t ran multiple generations to get them accustomed to 16 hrs then I may keep them at 18. But my goal is to always train my genetics to be able to handle a 16 hr veg. Electricity isn’t cheap where I live.

Nextgeneration73

Very cool. I too have ran sprouts at 24 but years ago I stopped. 1, I wanted to save on electricity and 2, I get much healthier plants when they get ample dark time. I’ve noticed 24 hrs on doesn’t speed anything up. There is no 24 hr veg time in nature.
Now if I’m keeping mothers long term and haven’t ran multiple generations to get them accustomed to 16 hrs then I may keep them at 18. But my goal is to always train my genetics to be able to handle a 16 hr veg. Electricity isn’t cheap where I live.
I'll take a picture after during one of my breaks from work, but everything should be fine as long as the ceiling stays in tact from our neighbors above, hopefully they don't break through with their jumping and walking with stones, idk what they're doing? It's only quiet when they're not here (by the way they stopped our water... Luckily my sprayer still has warm water though

X15

I'll take a picture after during one of my breaks from work, but everything should be fine as long as the ceiling stays in tact from our neighbors above, hopefully they don't break through with their jumping and walking with stones, idk what they're doing? It's only quiet when they're not here (by the way they stopped our water... Luckily my sprayer still has warm water though
That sucks. I remember having people above me in an apartment I lived in. I remember getting so pissed hearing the guy stomp around at night. Hope things get better for ya!

Nextgeneration73

That sucks. I remember having people above me in an apartment I lived in. I remember getting so pissed hearing the guy stomp around at night. Hope things get better for ya!
Investing in a second place is what I'm doing... Right now the noise stopped luckily because I have to get back to work, maybe they went out somewhere. But our water system is stopped until 10 pm, it's now almost 5:00 pm here, not just in our Complex but in many other places nearby this part of the city... Luckily lights and heating work well and I have additional water..

Nextgeneration73

It's now about a few inches closer to the LED light... I'm not sure whether or not I shouldn't bring it back down eventually... The difference is kindof small though
IMG_20240207_215052_SR.jpg

Nextgeneration73

Sorry about your lack of sleep. I feel your pain. I have a girlfriend that snores like a banshie. Not cool. Anywho lol. As for the light,… 3 feet is ok right now. It’s so young that I’d stride on the safer side. It’ll grow up and get bigger, but if you notice it’s starting to get elongated and starting to look like it’s losing it’s ability to stay upright (like 3-4 inches or more) it would be helpful to prop up the plant and get it a little closer. Please post some pics in a few days so we can see if it’s stretching towards the light. Any of us will be able to give you advice on getting that light closer if your plant needs it. Also, does that light have a Dimmable feature?
As for the moisture of the soil, it looks to be plenty wet in the pic. Id go with the instinct you felt earlier regarding the water spray and wait to add any more water. It should be good for now.
Much Respect!
As for one of your questions, no it doesn't have any dimmable features whatsoever cause apparently I bought the one that was cheaper out of the two I was deciding in between 😀 The other one was only a bit more expensive and a big larger with the dimmable features. I ignorantly avoided noticing that the second one didn't show the same features. So I basically chose the younger brother LED light 😀. Light intensity however is a bit more intense than what these pictures show... How early should I get a fan going? The air isn't stuffy at all though since many windows outside of the room stay open leading to the same room several times in the day or night, but the heaters are on too and yes the bills will go up as a result of that 😀 I live at the edge of the city closer to the Mountain)nature/forest part of it and the air is fresh and flowing... It's like being almost in the city but almost out of it...

Last edited: